Search
Like Tree367Likes

Serpent X20

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
Has anybody already run it? It seems that the front is symmetrical to the rear (same spacers under the arms, same droop (!), same upper arms height), the roll centers seems to be very similar as it was on the P4, so why not includes all the "fixes" they have delivered with P4Pro?
yes I have ran it once without a real setup. The front and rear lower arms are different but upper arms are the same.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:41 PM
ha5
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Brian10811
yes I have ran it once without a real setup. The front and rear lower arms are different but upper arms are the same.
The rear its completly diferent to the front, uper arms aswell
Old 11-16-2019, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ha5
Yep, I was looking up some spare parts, and the front and rear arms (upper and lower) each have their own part numbers, as do the front/rear hubs. Kind of weird, though - all of these parts were the same front to rear on the 4X (if you were using the active toe in the rear). I kind of wonder why they had to be different for this car.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It will be great to get a serpent but the lack of parts and support limits not only me other racers. Why serpent doesn't spread the distribution around the world instead of giving only power to one company who doesn't support neither promote the brand. Wake up serpent please... Hopefully someone from serpent can take care of this. Look at what other companies are doing. We want to buy your car but your short and poor distribution stop us from buying it.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Yep, I was looking up some spare parts, and the front and rear arms (upper and lower) each have their own part numbers, as do the front/rear hubs. Kind of weird, though - all of these parts were the same front to rear on the 4X (if you were using the active toe in the rear). I kind of wonder why they had to be different for this car.
Nope, on the P4Pro there were different, that was exactly why the car was easier to driver than the original P4...
Old 11-17-2019, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ha5
Hmm, I stand corrected. I forgot when I built them, they have different part numbers. Just at a glance they looked the same.
Don't want to mix those up when working on them.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:03 AM
ha5
Tech Initiate

my car its all most ready to hit the track next week, preaty nice build,its really light:

Old 11-17-2019, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Really considering picking up this kit, looks awesome! Do any bitty precut bodies fit or will there be support for it from them?
Old 11-18-2019, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ha5
my car its all most ready to hit the track next week, preaty nice build,its really light:
Did you find a setup to base yours against, or was that built according to measurements in the manual? Just asking, because that looks like a lot of toe-in at the rear. Then again, Based on the position of the links, it looks like it will open up a bit when it gets loaded up in the rear.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:19 PM
ha5
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn

Did you find a setup to base yours against, or was that built according to measurements in the manual? Just asking, because that looks like a lot of toe-in at the rear. Then again, Based on the position of the links, it looks like it will open up a bit when it gets loaded up in the rear.
just i build with the standar set-up with some modifications, 2 degrees of camber all around and 1º toe-out at front and 2,5 toe-in at back, xray springs 2.5-2.8 front and 2.7 back, 37,5wt shock fluid.

serpent x20 default set up carbon
Old 11-19-2019, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Option Parts

corallyman, hmax, tbrymer and 2 others like this.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

anyone had a x20 on road ? do you have a picture of on road without body ?
Old 11-24-2019, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Race 2:

Another great day with the Serpent X20. I attended my local track which is a covered treated concrete track. The grip is low and normally goes to medium grip by the 3 heat. The setup I tried this week was the Chee setup I found. Chee setup sheet
The only change from the setup was I kept the 7000 oil in the diff oil and I put the rear gear diff in low position.
At the track with first few laps I felt the 1mm down stop was not enough because the car felt a little skatie like it was sliding on-top of the track in the corners. So I went up to 1.5 mm all around and the car felt very planted. In fact I had a push mid to exit corner which was my same problem last race day. (Even with the push I was able to get TQ and the fastest lap times of the day) So to counter this issue I tried a few things. I took 1 mm shims out of front roll centers and that had no effect. I decreased the rear camber by 1/4 and that had no effect. Last in the main I went with a stiffer spring in the rear (2.7- 2.5 progressive) That made my car 2 tenths seconds slower. I thought this to be odd the stiffer spring did not really help. My past experience this was a great change in my past.
So I messaged a Serpent team driver Felix Law which is a super nice guy and has been very helpful with his busy schedule. He mentioned play around with shock position. This is what I will work on next. If anyone has tested the X20 lately and have any advice please post up some suggestions.
Thanks

My new lid colors

Marcos.J, dawgmeat and bshookup like this.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian10811
Race 2:

Another great day with the Serpent X20. I attended my local track which is a covered treated concrete track. The grip is low and normally goes to medium grip by the 3 heat. The setup I tried this week was the Chee setup I found. Chee setup sheet
The only change from the setup was I kept the 7000 oil in the diff oil and I put the rear gear diff in low position.
At the track with first few laps I felt the 1mm down stop was not enough because the car felt a little skatie like it was sliding on-top of the track in the corners. So I went up to 1.5 mm all around and the car felt very planted. In fact I had a push mid to exit corner which was my same problem last race day. (Even with the push I was able to get TQ and the fastest lap times of the day) So to counter this issue I tried a few things. I took 1 mm shims out of front roll centers and that had no effect. I decreased the rear camber by 1/4 and that had no effect. Last in the main I went with a stiffer spring in the rear (2.7- 2.5 progressive) That made my car 2 tenths seconds slower. I thought this to be odd the stiffer spring did not really help. My past experience this was a great change in my past.
So I messaged a Serpent team driver Felix Law which is a super nice guy and has been very helpful with his busy schedule. He mentioned play around with shock position. This is what I will work on next. If anyone has tested the X20 lately and have any advice please post up some suggestions.
Thanks

My new lid colors

good run Brian!!1
Old 11-25-2019, 11:37 AM
KUI
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by taztal3
anyone had a x20 on road ? do you have a picture of on road without body ?

Here ya go...
bshookup likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.