Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How I threw away 6-months of racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rayhuang
I want to make it clear that I harbor no ill feelings towards any radio manufacturer nor do I blame the maker of my radio!! I dont want anyone thinking this is a "flame" thread which I am afraid it will become if we start naming brand names. But my radio, which I love is a KO helios. And I have t give major props to Robert at KO for suffering through this with me and trying to trouble shoot it.

Also-I want to be clear that I dont think the wandering EPA's, etc is caused directly from initially setting epa's and subtrim per se. What it is is being in a certain range of numbers (d/r in the mid ranges of say 40 to 70), epa's in the same range and subtrims (any value other than 0, but maybe worse if value is say 10 or higher).

Now those combined with changing d/r while driving and maybe all by itself will cause radio to not hold the Endpoint steady.
Hey Ray,
I was talking to a buddy of mine on the phone last night (Brian Busse, you might know him). He informed me that there is a way to re-set the Helios much like you re-set an ESC, by recalibrating what the radio senses as the end points. It is the "Adjust VR" function...it might be worth checking out!
I just re-set mine last night. It's pretty easy.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah-thanks!! Doseck showed me that last fall. Its definately worth doing , especially if your radio logs massive amounts of hours, like mine...used to!!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
This is a great tip for LRP and Novak speedos but do not do this on a Keyence. Keyence speedos have a lot more going on inside them than LRP and Novak and they prefer 100/100 endpoints. They have a microprocessor in them that dosen't understand what 40% more than full throttle means and this can make them stutter and do weird stuff. If you go back to 100% they are perfect again.
i noticed no big difference on teh GMV12's.. but I reset them at 140% and they seem "a bit" smoother... maybe its the placebo effect.. but hey.. im game.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anybody know how to reset an M11... not reseting the models (tried model reset still same problem), but a total computer reset. I have some weird things going on with this radio. Servo will not center in radio, when moving wheel left to right the servo does not come back to center. center point is off... brake endpoints are off.. I have been racing for years and I now how to use this radio, but I am totally stumped on this one.. anybody having this problem. all endpoints are at 100, sub trim at zero. Keep in mind I did a model reset, problem still exist.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

hey sean just get a KO.......................
Old 04-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

seriously thinking about it, it ruined my whole weekend. The car was acting funny all weekned, had to keep adjusting throttle epa and stering epa. It was different everytime I turned on the radio. Crazy!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Suspended

When you reset the model did you reset the speed control?
Old 04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Suspended

Futaba has a nice radio also!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m8commando
Does anybody know how to reset an M11... not reseting the models (tried model reset still same problem), but a total computer reset. I have some weird things going on with this radio. Servo will not center in radio, when moving wheel left to right the servo does not come back to center. center point is off... brake endpoints are off.. I have been racing for years and I now how to use this radio, but I am totally stumped on this one.. anybody having this problem. all endpoints are at 100, sub trim at zero. Keep in mind I did a model reset, problem still exist.
That honestly sounds like your radio needs to be sent in for repair. A racer at my local track had similar problems with a brand new M11 and repair fixed it.