Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT7 or Quantum Competition?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default DANG

I just got that ionic last month. RATS!Just wundering why do i need a charger that will go up 8v?
Old 12-22-2002, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Amps not Volts...

Highest amp charge allowable by battery gives the highest voltage. Higher voltage = more power. More power = faster speed.

If you are only bashing around or not racing then the ionic and everything else you have is just fine. All the higher end gear is mainly for shaving that 1/10th of a second off your laptimes....
Old 12-22-2002, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default im dumb

amps duh! sorry i forgot
Old 12-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

I race carpet on road with my TC3 in the sportman class.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I still say get a couple of decent packs, you do not need top line gear to go well, your charger and ESC will suffice until you are a good enough drive to out perform the equipment you have. Make sure you take care of your packs and keep your motor in top condition, it will make much more of an effect than a higher end speedie, or a charger capable of delivering more amps.
Old 12-23-2002, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Kevin2 ......Frustrating, isn't it ??!! We've all been there ?? I don't think you mentioned....Are you winning or competitive in your class ?? If so...the equipment you have is fine. If not..you have to decide whether it's YOU who needs work or your equipment. If you really think it's your stuff...then Yes..get better stuff. See what the other guy's in your class are running. Let us know.

Just to make things more exciting...I'd like to throw my 2 cents worth in. If you haven't tried one of the Mtroniks esc's....You should !!! The M3 Cubic is fantastic. Not saying it's any better than all the others but just wanted to join everybody with a shameless plug for my favorite !!
Old 12-23-2002, 10:22 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kevin - Your charger should be fine for you untill you feel you are ready to make the move up to Stock.

Your new radio should help you out a little bit with the control aspect, and I didn't get a chance to watch you last week. MAke sure I watch one of your heats. I should be racing on the 28'th.

I'll probably be getting a couple new packs either next week, or the weekend after the first. If you want a couple of my race packs, I'm sure i could give you a good deal on them.

-Troy
Old 12-23-2002, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default Thanx guys!

Thanx. i am doing ok in my class i took 2nd of 8 2 weeks ago but i almost won.I want a new ESC for a couple of reasons.1 I have the money and i would be buying in a couple of months from now any way.2 my friend just got a xxx-s for 100 bucks and i am giving him my old equipmeny.He need s a ESC before he can race so i think if i get the new ESC now i can buy a couple of sets of batts in a couple of months or a lath and my friend can drive his car.I cant get a matched cells cuz my dad wont let me get them even if i have the money for them right now he cuz he says that i dont need them untill i move up to the stock class.
-Thanx for the help Kevin
Old 12-23-2002, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

sorry about the typos i was in a hurry i had to leave.Most people have the rtr car and a couple of kids have the FT team.I have the racer with threaded shocks and a roll bar.The new radio i got helped a bunch i could drive straight and not have to worry about glitching.in the first practice i blew up a P2K2 pro motor so i put my monster motor in and my car was much faster but the couple of kids with the FT team have all realy good stuff like 3PJ radios in the sportman class.And i barley beat 2 of the kids cuz they tangeld on the last lap.So i took 2nd i have no idea what ESC there using though but if i get a new ESC i want one that i wont have replace for a LONG time.and i bought take off tires and my 4 month old sorex tires were better then the brand new take offs.so from now on im only buying sorex.My driving is pretty good not the best but pretty good.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:39 PM
RCTech Member #2

Kevin - Go with the TakeOffs man! Especially if you are running the Novak USTC race in Jan. You can't beat the price on the tires. $32 (?) for a set of four! The sorex Rubber ONLY costs over $30 including tax. Then you have to include the $10 for inserts, and the $8 for the wheels themselves. It's just not worth it when the Take Offs run just as well.

With the TakeOffs, make sure you get a good scuff run on them before you accually use them in a heat. I know when I first ran them, I was sliding all over the place the first practice. After about 5 laps, I came in, re-saused them, and finished off the battery. After that, the tires worked well, although they are shot now!

You don't need a lathe. If you see me cutting my motor, just bring your armature over, and I'll cut it for you.

Edit - I just estimated the cost of a full set of Sorex. about $49. Take Off, With Racer Discount @ Trackside ends up being like $32, preglued..

Last edited by TSR6; 12-23-2002 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-23-2002, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default im a idot

TSR6-very true by the time i but 4 sets ill save 100 bucks! with that i can some 3300 or some 3000..I probley wont race on the 28th but ill be there for the new years race.sorry im a idot what is to scuff the tires?
Old 12-23-2002, 02:03 PM
RCTech Member #2

Default Re: im a idot

Originally posted by kevin2
TSR6-very true by the time i but 4 sets ill save 100 bucks! with that i can some 3300 or some 3000..I probley wont race on the 28th but ill be there for the new years race.sorry im a idot what is to scuff the tires?
In an effort to keep this thread on topic ( heh... Whoops! ) I'll PM you.