Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT7 or Quantum Competition?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

Default matched cells

sorry to get off topic but....................I know how the matching works but how do they make u faster when its the same amount of volts?
Old 12-09-2002, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

As I have mentioned before, SX9 is good for 1/12th and you will have problem when it runs with six cells. You cannot change the profile unless you have GMVIS Commander (heavy, bulky charger, discharger, and matching). Even Masami melted a SX-9 in Touring Racing before.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

When a manufacturer like Trinity recieves batteries then take all the cells and test them then match the ones with better voltage together in packs. The cells with numbers to low for Trinity so cell in matched packs go into the unmatched packs.
Old 12-09-2002, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

actually, to make it even more bold.

the best cells usually are sold as the most expensive packs on the shelves, or they go to Team drivers. the next best cells go in packs such as team packs, racer packs, "club" packs, etc. and THEN,....thee absolute worst cells go into the unmatched stick packs. lol. sounds harsh but it usually is true.

say a regular stick pack vs. a Team level matched pack are going down a straightaway. if the exact same motor/car/etc are used, the matched pack would probably take the lead. even though we're talking about voltage that is so minimal in terms of #'s. but in terms of performance, matched packs make a big big difference. Apparently it's becuz the cells work better together as a whole unit when they're "matched". and deliver voltage better. and etc. etc etc.

anyway, back to the discussion at hand! i like the quantum competition. lol. .......mostly cuz....it's blue.......
Old 12-10-2002, 05:59 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Cyclonus
To change profiles yes, but how can you compare changing profiles with programing punch initial brake and crap that you program on the Quantum. For the GT7 you have to do all the stuff you described, and select mode seven. Then you had to turn it on and press the button for a while, and work trough some stuff. The LRP Quantum just cuts out all the changing modes stuff, and you just go in and program it. With the Quantum you only program 3 things, with the GT7 you program like 5 or 6 different settings. The GT7 is dificult to program in comparison to the Quantum. I prefer my GT7 over the Quantum, but ease of programing for the GT7 is just crap.
Having more features to program does not make it crap! If you follow that theory then something like the Futaba is the best.....simply because you cannot program it.

Anyway, more time should be spent "using" the ESC than changing the program on the ESC....how often do you change the content of the program?? I certainly know that I haven't gotten anywhere near mode 7.......mode 1 and 2 are simply fine for me!
Old 12-10-2002, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by reflekt
the best cells usually are sold as the most expensive packs on the shelves, or they go to Team drivers.
Actually, you and I will never be able to buy or even SEE the best cells.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I agree with BIG DOG. We will never get to see the really top quality cells. They are for the big boys ONLY.

I remember a couple of years ago I was at an event in England and was sat at David Spashett's pit table talking shop. I couldn't resist having a look at his Trinity cells. Voltage was 000. Time was 000. Amps were 0000. I commented to him about them and he just smiled.

However whilst saying this I also have to say that at 2 out of the three big events we have done in UK in recent years, our motors were taken apart and checked - presumably because my son's car looked indecently quick in a straight line. Yet we use Corally Pro team Matched cells just like everybody can buy.

So to conclude, there can't be that much wrong with the best cells we lesser mortals can buy off the counter.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:59 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Actually, you and I will never be able to buy or even SEE the best cells.
Very true..... they have to keep somethings TOP SECRET!!
Old 12-10-2002, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well, I think they keep some things under wraps, but the bottom line is money. Think of it like this:

You have a choice-

1) Sell those "one cell per thousand" packs for double or triple what a normal good pack sells for and make a couple hundred dollars, OR

2) Give them to your hired gun to hopefully win a race with so the next 500 customers will see he was running your batteries when he won the Corn Husk Smoker's National Race in Car Action and go buy your batteries instead of someone else's and you make a couple thousand EXTRA.

I'm not messed up about it personally though, cause I could get those packs and catch 4 pipes instead of 3 with all that extra power. LMAO
Old 12-10-2002, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by dtm
Having more features to program does not make it crap! If you follow that theory then something like the Futaba is the best.....simply because you cannot program it.

Anyway, more time should be spent "using" the ESC than changing the program on the ESC....how often do you change the content of the program?? I certainly know that I haven't gotten anywhere near mode 7.......mode 1 and 2 are simply fine for me!
I never said more features made the GT7 a worse controller, I was only correcting the seemingly vast number of people here that think the GT7 is easier to program. It simply isnt true. How easy an ESC is to program doesnt even enter into the equation for me, because I leave it alone 90% of the time after I get it set up out of the box.

All I wanted to do is make sure the guy was getting the correct info. It seemed to me like people were confusing ease of programing with number of features. The GT7 is vastly more adjustable than the Quantum, but it is not easier to program, thats my point, next time you should probably read the whole thread, and look at the context I was saying that in, then make sure you understand what I am saying, before you try to flame me.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I never said more features made the GT7 a worse controller, I was only correcting the seemingly vast number of people here that think the GT7 is easier to program. It simply isnt true. How easy an ESC is to program doesnt even enter into the equation for me, because I leave it alone 90% of the time after I get it set up out of the box.

All I wanted to do is make sure the guy was getting the correct info. It seemed to me like people were confusing ease of programing with number of features. The GT7 is vastly more adjustable than the Quantum, but it is not easier to program, thats my point, next time you should probably read the whole thread, and look at the context I was saying that in, then make sure you understand what I am saying, before you try to flame me.
you have a double standard on your hands now because you're making your personal beliefs over ride some facts. This is a begginer asking these questions and after he sets up the speedo do we just leave him out in the cold? After the first set up the quantum takes a back seat to the GT7. You may disagree but look at it from a novice stand point and not your personal preference.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

to me,more features mean more options which i welcome with open arms.
i'm using the keyence zero V xtreme,and i simply love all the features on it.it's not tat hard 2 set if u would take some time off 2 learn it n go through the small manual.

on a lighter note...

dtm:
try gt7?...not at these moment,2 cars n alreadi 2 keyence zero V xtreme escs,no excuse 2 buy anymore esc UNLESS it's a brushless system...thanx for the advice...
Old 12-10-2002, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

long live keyence v zero extreme !!!!!!
its one heavy investment on the car i have not regret !!!!
Old 12-11-2002, 04:38 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

...................... next time you should probably read the whole thread, and look at the context I was saying that in, then make sure you understand what I am saying, before you try to flame me.

I'm not going to take that "bait" to respond to that assumption.......STLNST has done a good summary already...Thk U!
Old 12-11-2002, 04:39 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ijnek
on a lighter note...

dtm:
try gt7?...not at these moment,2 cars n alreadi 2 keyence zero V xtreme escs,no excuse 2 buy anymore esc UNLESS it's a brushless system...thanx for the advice...
Time to buy a third car ijnek!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.