Wiki Posts
Search

WE HAVE A CHEATER! cleveland style

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Roof line teching

underdog;

But I believe that the relationship of the roofline to the spoiler is what Roar is concerned about. The Top of the spoiler must NOT extend above the Roofline.
I can get my rule book and double check on that, but this is what they look for at the races we go to, Spoiler height.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i wonder if they have plans for more teching next year than just the few cars they did tech.

john bull the results are up at www.team-orion.com mike dumas in a tc3 took the win in mod sedan over paul l.- and chris dosek in 12th mod. i will be racing at mike dumas' hometrack this weekend cant wait to congradulate him.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by newracer
How did he do it? I always thought if you put a 19t in a stock can it would run backwards? Due to a reverse wind or something? Not that I want to try it I am just curious.
I dont know if it runs backwards or not, but if it does all you have to do is rotate the end bell 180 degrees or just switch the wires.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

content removed

Last edited by futureal; 12-03-2002 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

I wonder how flooded his e-mail is with e-mail messages from people calling him a cheater. Did anyone witness this event? Did he admit to it or try to explain himself? Could someone have played a really mean trick on him? I know that there is nothing worse then someone cheating at a event like this but I would like to know what he was thinking by doing it. (beside the obvious). I also have heard about what some other people got away with.

How about this for a idea. You bring you car down 2 races before your race is up and you hand it to a person that installs the motor in you car and solders it up while you watch. They then put it on a charger to top off your pack and then they take it to the track for you. After the race another group of people take the motors out and you get your car back? Sounds fair and will keep people from cheating themselves.

The people behind the scenes can be in charge of cutting the comm's after every run and changing the brushes.????
Old 12-03-2002, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Cyclonus
I dont know if it runs backwards or not, but if it does all you have to do is rotate the end bell 180 degrees or just switch the wires.
you can't rotate the endbell, it's notched to fix the timing

switching the wires woudl cause the motor to have negative timing
Old 12-03-2002, 01:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

popsracer,
They should check to make sure the car meets the minimum roof height which is listed in appendix A of the ROAR rules (I believe it is 117mm). They also should check that no part of the spoiler is above the roof line.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

about the roof line and spoiler height stuff. I have never really looked into any of this before, but how common is it to have to adjust the height of the spoiler? or the height of a body? I mean, if i purchased just a plain old protoform stratus or vauxhall or something like that, what is the likelyhood that i would have to make changes to the body to make it legal?
Old 12-03-2002, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

I emailed this to Antoniop:

Hey there ANTONIOP this is ECHOLogic. I made a serious mistake in posting the link to the web site. I was just trying to post additional info for people to read .... I had no idea there was PERSONEL INFORMATION on the web site... If not for the courtesy to Rafael please do it for me can you delete your posting..

Thank you,

Chris
Old 12-03-2002, 01:55 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Guys,

I think you (or some of you) are taking this a bit far. Yes, you got the point across that he cheated, and yes, we all agree that's a bad thing. But after seeing personal insults and info posted and so on, I think we've had enough.

I'm sure many of you have made stupid mistakes in your lives as well -- I know I have. Laugh a little bit, make your own judgement, and then move on.

Thread is being closed.

Thanks.