Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WE HAVE A CHEATER! cleveland style

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Default WE HAVE A CHEATER! cleveland style

maybe mr. rafael angulo can hold a class or seminar on here for the rest of us who hate to lose. rafael you cheated yourself and your friends i hope it was worth it? what in the world made you think it was ok to put a 19 turn armature in your handout stock motor ? what a disgrace to the hobby! and to think you come on here and offer advice to these kids who read the boards. what kind of message are you sending to them when you get caught cheating at the 2nd largest race of the year? you cheated yourself and your friends who you race with. i'm glad they took your picture and posted it up for all to see in cleveland and banned you from racing there! well deserved pie in the face bro! way to go!
Old 12-01-2002, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lol

Typical.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thats FUNNY! ....................hah lol
Old 12-01-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

I think it is very sad that the guy thought he had to cheat to win! Its a shame that the guy could not just attend and have fun without trying to push the envelope too much. The bad thing is he will never be able to win a race without somebody questioning everything on his car. I hope this deters others that think they have to win at all costs because the expense of the win may be more than you can afford.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Re: WE HAVE A CHEATER! cleveland style

Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
maybe mr. rafael angulo can hold a class or seminar on here for the rest of us who hate to lose. rafael you cheated yourself and your friends i hope it was worth it? what in the world made you think it was ok to put a 19 turn armature in your handout stock motor ? what a disgrace to the hobby! and to think you come on here and offer advice to these kids who read the boards. what kind of message are you sending to them when you get caught cheating at the 2nd largest race of the year? you cheated yourself and your friends who you race with. i'm glad they took your picture and posted it up for all to see in cleveland and banned you from racing there! well deserved pie in the face bro! way to go!
where is the picture?
Old 12-01-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

C-MAIN Cheater..lol..Thats funny..If he would have one the A..Mabe he would have proved something..But the C?? Come one..
Old 12-01-2002, 10:19 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I suppose that whoever it was figured that they wouldn't be teching the cars in a lower main, or at least not teching them that well.

I know that at most large races I've been to, outside of the A main they just check ride height/weight/body height/wing height and tires if applicable.

Usually they only tech the motors of the A main cars.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Was he cheating the whole time? (during qualifying as well) or just the main, not that it's any better one way or the other, just curious.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

He was caught during qualifying and did not run the main.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Why would someone want to cheat at a toy car race? When we win races 99% of the time the only reward is self gratification. If you cheat, how gratifiing can it really be?

When I race I try and beat the people I should, and shoot for the people who are better. Cheating just ruins any feeling of accomplishment. You will always know it wasn't because of your skill.

I used to play a lot of Counter-Strike.. had the #2 clan on OGL and used to travel to tourney etc., till the rest of the world started cheating and hacking. I haven't played that game in over a year now because of all the cheating. I hope anyone caught cheating is BANNED from all ROAR sponsored events.

Last edited by ChristopherKee; 12-02-2002 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A true shame...

That being said, this race was not at all what I was expecting. I was amazed at the "lax" nature of tech at this event. Nothing against the staff that ran the event, but they set the precedent early that close scrutiny of the cars was not something they seemed very interested in. If they had been doing their jobs (and doing their jobs WELL) from the very beginning, everyone would have realized this and cheating such as this would have likely not happened in the first place.

I was in line at tech when this happened. It actually seemed that the only reason any scrutiny was given in the first place was due to the fact that the car in question seemed "way too fast" down the diagonal straight.

Something else that amazed me - roof height tech - this was not done until the MAINS! What the hell? Yes, the first (and only) time the little jig was placed over my car was right before the main.

Unbelievable.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

CS is definately getting better. There is still cheating, but not nearly as bad as it used to be.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow I have never heard of them teching roof height. I guess its the next step though. Pretty soon you will need a NASCAR tech team for all the races.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:01 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Body (roof) height is something that I have always seen teched. In fact, is it usually one of the first things checked, since it is one of the easiest to do.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by ChristopherKee
Why would someone want to cheat at a toy car race? When we win races 99% of the time the only reward is self gratification. If you cheat, how gratifiing can it really be?

When I race I try and beat the people I should, and shoot for the people who are better. Cheating just ruins any feeling of accomplishment. You will always know it wasn't because of your skill.
Says it all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.