Wiki Posts
Search

T.O.P. Racing "Scythe" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Have had this on my chassis for the last two big meets I have been too, and won both (+TQ). I converted from a mostly plastic kit to this and it seems to have much more speed through the turns and resists slowing down. Not much else seems to be different. You can soften it up quite a bit by removing the two center screws in the upper deck. I never run the post as I can't pick the difference with it in or out, so it is just extra weight....

Just added another win to the collection with my scythe at the 1st round of the club challenge in Lithgow, Australia. Also ran the NO Mark tyres which held up quite well, if fact produced their fastest lap on their 4th run!
Just saw the results, our tie was split by less than 1 second.
I really should not have backed off those last few laps
Old 02-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Ran the Tip Top fella for the first time in Mod against Dragonfire above on the weekend, after some awesome results at a different track in stock the previous 2 weeks, Mod was a bit difficult, the car just has way too much steering.

But it was good to see some potential with very good corner speed, a few tweaks and it should be good. I just have to get Cyclone setups out of my head, as i didnt realise the TOP toe blocks are 1mm raised over the HPI ones, so had some crazy roll centres. Overall a Tie for 1st place so reasonably happy with its first run in Mod.

Are there any TOP racers on here attending the TITC next week? If so come look for the tall, fat white guy with the funny accent in glasses

Looking forward to catching up with Vincent, and getting my dirty little mits on the CP Chassis, as the adjustable wheel base will solve many of the problems i was encounteringon the weekend.

Hi Besercoe,

I am from Malaysia and we have a team of top racers going to TITC next week. We will try to catch up with you and Vincent to understand a bit of the CP chassis on the car setup. Hope to see you then.

Cheers
Simon
Old 02-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone have any good setups fopr rubber tyre on asphalt ???
Got my Scythe running rubbers and i have so much steering its mind blowing, im running on 40% steering throw. Car is great but just catches me out every other lap with the steering sensitivity.
Ill put up my setup a little later so maybe the guys in teh know can comment or recommend changes.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Asphalt set-up

Originally Posted by razzor
Anyone have any good setups fopr rubber tyre on asphalt ???
Got my Scythe running rubbers and i have so much steering its mind blowing, im running on 40% steering throw. Car is great but just catches me out every other lap with the steering sensitivity.
Ill put up my setup a little later so maybe the guys in teh know can comment or recommend changes.
Hi Razzor,

There's some asphalt set-ups here that worked really well for drivers in the UK/Europe.

Good luck!

Keith.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Locally teh guys are running faom tyres on Asphalt for 27T stock class but i found thecar to be so much more consistent on rubber.
I just need to learn more about setup so i can get it dialled.
Will be doing the first round of the 2008 national series in 2 weeks time.
Have 3 cars to setup for Johnson stoc, 27T superstock and Mod.
Really looking forward to it with the Scythes.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Have had this on my chassis for the last two big meets I have been too, and won both (+TQ). I converted from a mostly plastic kit to this and it seems to have much more speed through the turns and resists slowing down. Not much else seems to be different. You can soften it up quite a bit by removing the two center screws in the upper deck. I never run the post as I can't pick the difference with it in or out, so it is just extra weight....

Just added another win to the collection with my scythe at the 1st round of the club challenge in Lithgow, Australia. Also ran the NO Mark tyres which held up quite well, if fact produced their fastest lap on their 4th run!

How has the chassis been running, you been running the flex kit top deck, what sort of set up have you been running on this car?
Old 02-12-2008, 03:33 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

N-E-1 put an Orion 3600 lipo in their ride? and does it fit?
Thx - Paul
Old 02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've run the 3200 and it's snug against the layshaft retainer. I believe the 3600 is taller so you might have to dremel the layshaft retainer a small amount. Not enough to affect the integrity, just to remove some of the curvatures that go around the Nimh cells. I also found the battery has to be mounted as far to the outside as possible or it rubs against the belt. I hope that helps.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks to Arno for this link :
http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/top/...sTOPScythe.htm

Found some Foam /asphalt setups
Old 02-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Addict

Default Snowbirds Setup

Sorry for the delay guys, here is my setup from the Snowbirds (Carpet Rubber).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EJ Snowbirds 08.pdf (115.8 KB, 187 views)
Old 02-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi to all Top Racing friends,

Just pop in and read all the comments from you guys and the general conclusion from all is that the car is great ! I couldn't agree more.

While using other brands in the local and national races, we managed to finish
middle of A main (Asphalt/Rubber/23t) most of the times but ever since switching to Top Scythe end of last year, on the first race in 2008, we TQ and Won ! Just wanna share with you guys that the car is easy to setup and dialed for any tracks and the rest is depending of the driver.

Looking forward to see some of you at TITC Thailand next week.

Wishing All Top Racing friends,many podiums finish !

Stephen
The Mechanic
Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just purchased a 2nd hand Sythe from Ebay. Can't wait to run it! It's the original gold version, how does this differ to the newer versions? Is it easy to uprgade it to the 2008 spec?

I race carpet rubber, any tips for the car?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
Just purchased a 2nd hand Sythe from Ebay. Can't wait to run it! It's the original gold version, how does this differ to the newer versions? Is it easy to uprgade it to the 2008 spec?

I race carpet rubber, any tips for the car?
Congrats of your purchase ! I suggest you service it and run it original spec and then upgrade when necessary. This way, you can appreciate the original setup before changes.

Can't help you on carpet but perhaps others will.

The new version is more of alloy parts on the central drive and you can easily add them on.

Cheers
Old 02-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSpeeder
Congrats of your purchase ! I suggest you service it and run it original spec and then upgrade when necessary. This way, you can appreciate the original setup before changes.

Can't help you on carpet but perhaps others will.

The new version is more of alloy parts on the central drive and you can easily add them on.

Cheers
Thanks,

The car was only run twice and looks brand new so hopefully it shoudn't need much of a service. What pitch gears does the Scythe run?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
Thanks,

The car was only run twice and looks brand new so hopefully it shoudn't need much of a service. What pitch gears does the Scythe run?
The car comes with a 64P size but we are running on 48P and try 76 or 75 size and it should allow you to run from stock to modified final ratio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.