Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Charger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 02:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: How about the Triton DC peak charger?

Originally posted by Nightbreed
This thing does everthing;

-charges NIcd, NiMH, lithium-ion and lead acid batteries.
-charger/discharger, cycles 1-10 cells
-times auto-matically, memorizes peak and average battery voltage and more.

check it out at www.electrifly.com

Only costs $129.99 at Tower and that don't include a coupon deal.

Does any one have one of these? It sounds to good to be true.
5A max output seems not enough for R/C car.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: How about the Triton DC peak charger?

Originally posted by Loman
5A max output seems not enough for R/C car.
True. Especially since the capasity grows all the time, so you'll need more and more amps, to keep the punch up.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Tech Initiate

That triton looks nice man. I'd like to hear some reviews on it. bgotori, too bad about the multi. That hot dog thing made me laugh hard. Thats classic.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Victor Super High IQ2 Battery Charger

My friend have a Victor Super High IQ2 Battery Charger. He's wondering if there's a company or place that can do a repair and upgrade for this charger?
Old 03-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Hey dyaz21

the person I got my 3000 worked on is/was in Canada, but I don't think he's working on them anymore. PM (private message) lameposeur maybe he has his e-mail.

If you live in SoCal goto SoCal raceway, I remember years ago someone there was saying he could fix them, try Tuesday or Saturday nights.

Good Luck!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 03-20-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi
Anyone can give comment on YoKoMo BMS charger? and how about the Yokomo charge mode?
Old 03-23-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

hi.

is there any way to upgrade the software in a Millenium Pro ?

price not a factor, which is the better charger: the Pit Bull, Mill Pro, or the LRP Pulsar ?

any info is highly appreciated
Old 03-23-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rallyweapon
hi.

is there any way to upgrade the software in a Millenium Pro ?

price not a factor, which is the better charger: the Pit Bull, Mill Pro, or the LRP Pulsar ?

any info is highly appreciated
Why would you want to upgrade it? It can charge any NiMh out there right now. All of the chargers you mentioned are good. LRP pulsar will be a "bit" nicer because of it's motor break-in feature which you can also use to power lathes and truers.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default High ampere discharge

One for the disadvantage that I noticed about the Pulsar is the high amp discharge. If you want to condition the cells by drawing out all the charges and recharging it, the fixed 10A discharge on the Pulsar can't do it. The high current load from the discharge current dips the voltage below 5.4V, and the discharge function will end.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:27 PM
Tech Initiate

the pulsar is a pretty good charger or mabey the pitt bull
Old 03-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: High ampere discharge

Originally posted by alyee
One for the disadvantage that I noticed about the Pulsar is the high amp discharge. If you want to condition the cells by drawing out all the charges and recharging it, the fixed 10A discharge on the Pulsar can't do it. The high current load from the discharge current dips the voltage below 5.4V, and the discharge function will end.
for that reason alone i'm thinking of getting another charger...
is there any charger in the $160-200 range that has 30A discharge?for single cells?was kinda hoping i could do some matching of my own since i buy loose cells on the cheap.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: High ampere discharge

Originally posted by lee82gx
is there any charger in the $160-200 range that has 30A discharge?for single cells?was kinda hoping i could do some matching of my own since i buy loose cells on the cheap.
30A discharge is kinda high in load. I don't think you'll be able to empty your cells at such high current draw, because the voltage drop will cause the cut off to kick in.

Have you seen the Eagle CDC v6 charger? It has adjustable discharge current.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

yep the Eagle/Integy is currently in my sights.20A max discharge.
but if a sub-C cell cannot discharge at 30A then how do the matchers do it?i dont think only a Turbo35 can make the cell discharge at 30A right?
I think the 30A is achieved by using a stable but extremely low resistance circuit to make lot's of heat.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: High ampere discharge

Hmmm. I think that the Pulsar is a very good charger. You can get some that are slightly better, but I think you have to ask yourself: Will that make me faster?

Another important thing: The Pulsar is already capable of matching cells, the only difference is that the amp rate are a little lower. But as long you compare your own cells at the same rate, it doesnt matter much.

I believe that you can get really, really good results with the Pulsar. So I suggest that you spend the money somewhere else. I dont know what else you got, so my suggestion might be wrong, but a good steering servo makes a big difference. Usually, it's one of the most overseen, yet very important hop ops.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Initiate

yep the Eagle/Integy is currently in my sights.20A max discharge.
but if a sub-C cell cannot discharge at 30A then how do the matchers do it?i dont think only a Turbo35 can make the cell discharge at 30A right?
I think the 30A is achieved by using a stable but extremely low resistance circuit to make lot's of heat.
They can be discharged at 30A. I'm not saying that you can't. Just that it will be very hard to draw all the charge out at 30A, because of the high load, the cell voltage will drop rapidly and the cutoff circuit will kick in to switch off the circuit.

Besides, the charger discharges current for the entire pack, even for the Pulsar. If you really want to condition and match your cells, you should get a tray, if you're using saddle packs, and discharge individual cells so that all of them are properly "matched" in discharge state.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.