Wiki Posts
Search

Best Charger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
CHE

CHE, I have the 16X7 its great , A little noisy is putting it mildly. Its not to bad at the track with the rest of the noise but it is driving me crazy at home. You say that can fixed HOW??????

Terry
Old 03-13-2003, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: CHE

Originally posted by THEBIGBULL
CHE, I have the 16X7 its great , A little noisy is putting it mildly. Its not to bad at the track with the rest of the noise but it is driving me crazy at home. You say that can fixed HOW??????

Terry
Sometimes a little lube in the fan bearing makes the difference. But sometime it's needed to install a better fan (low-noise).
Old 03-13-2003, 04:15 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm new to this board but not to r/c. Imho the best charger around is the undisputed, MAXTE / Victor engineering Hi-IQ. I was lucky enough to purchase an IQ3000 before the company was scrapped. This thing does EVERYTHING. Cycles, discharges@30a, "burps" nimh cells, adjustable cutoff to .001, charges @30a, etcetcetc. You can still find them on ebay. A company in Canada repairs them Oh ya, this can zap batteries also. This thing kills the turbo 35 and the gmvis. I have had one forever & consistently kick A** at the track.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Hey lameposeur

If you talking about Sam's work bench, he hasn't repaired or upgraded them in over a year... If you found someone else that does, please post, lots of us old timer have these, and wouldn't trade it for anything...

I've got a 3000 with all the bells and whistles, Backlite, extra fet's, all three software profiles it'll discharge at 45 amp's as long as you have fan on the heat sink, even with the extra fet's and fan on it, at 45 amp's you can't touch the heat sink way to HOT... If you don't use at Fan it'll just shut down, because it gets to HOT.

Also have a Super IQ, but just a standard model with the last software upgrade for them.

Have Fun!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 03-13-2003, 11:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey bgotori. Yes I'm referring to Sam's workbench. I recently sent mine back roughly 6months ago. Hmm, did he stop fixing them? If so that'd be a shame. I'm somewhat of an old timer i suppose=). Started racing with a off-road kyosho ultima then the 1st on-road 10l. Anyway, we own the same charger, NICE!!! I have the 3software profiles, the fets etcetc. Heheh, ya man the heatsink gets VVEERRYY hot even with a fan. We're some of the blessed few to own one. i only wish i could find the unit MAXTEC use to make. The 6-12cell holder where you could cycle them all at once. THE MULTIPLEXOR. Man, that'd be my dream come true. Sam was working on one but never completed it i guess..
Old 03-14-2003, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
KO or LRP or CE

So which one do you think is better for racing excluding of course the all migthy CE Turbo series:-

KO BX213 or CE PITTBULL or LRP PULSAR????

i have used the old KO BX212 and packs runs sweet never had problems and batteries are always nice, does all of the three chargers above have capabilit.y to power motors for break-in and power DC soldering irons, cause i know for the fact the LRP PULSAR can what about the other two. Plz post your experiences with them
Old 03-14-2003, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

best charger?hmm it's like asking for the most beautiful girl in the world(it's either your wife/girlfriend OR someone u have a crush on)
applying that to charger@RC,
it would be the charger u are currently using and enjoying OR the charger of ur desire...
hehe nonsense.
actually i have used the BX213MH b4 switching to Pulsar
main reason being the discharging ability.
both charges fine...except u can't control the BX213 if it false peaks.u'll just have to re-charge.
with the pulsar u can have some control(but seriously the Pulsar NEVER false peaks)u have a -+15mV range and anywhere within it u wont go wrong.other functions are just like laces on a pretty piece of lingerie.hmmm im talking about women too much...hmmm

Anyway if i had to choose within the $150-200 it's either the Pulsar or the Integy 16x5 V6.Pitbull is a little over priced BUT it's also an excellent charger.
if i had closer to 400 i would take the CE Turbo(mainly bcos matchers use this to match)
Old 03-14-2003, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

"Practice makes perfect..
practice makes perfect..
hmmm is there any other way?"

Yes, there's another way... go do some practise !
Old 03-14-2003, 07:04 AM

Try Protrack and discover the new meaning of charging.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hey lameposeur

That funny..., his WebSite doesn't show that he's reparing them anymore just some info. Last time I talk to him, he told me that he had to stop because of family, and the cost wasn't worth it to him anymore. Do you have his e-mail address, I tried the old one I have for him, but it doesn't work.

Yea... I'm pretty lucky, I've got all the Victor stuff(other than the motor tuner), Multiplexer(1-8 cells), and a I believe a one off dyno, but someone at the track(SoCal) thought two were made. Just keep looking on Ebay, they come up once in awhile(Multiplexer).

Have Fun!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 03-14-2003, 11:35 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

best for your money can buy get the LRP Pulsar
Old 03-14-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Hey lameposeur

Forgot to say, if you want to abuse your Victor, when you get the multiplexer hook-up 3-6 cell pack and do a 30 amp cycle talk about HOT!!! I cycle my 10 cell heli packs but at 10 amps 6 at a time. You can pan fry noodles on the heat sink(even with a fan) but it works Great.

Let me know about the e-mail address.

Have a Good One!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 03-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

bgotori,

Heheh, I have the motor tuner. I have all but the multiplexer. Lol, we have the opposite. If you'd be so kind could you post photos of it? I'd like to try to build one. Man that would make cell matching so much easier. 3-6 cell packs WHEW! I can't imagine that heh. Hmm, maybe i can race at my local track & use the VICTOR AS A WOK/? lol.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Hey lameposeur

Sorry I don't have a digital camera, the only pic's I can do would be off my 4x5 camera and then scan the neg. But I don't think they'll let me post 124mb pic file, thats the smallest file my scanner will do on a 4x5 neg... I'd send you the file through your e-mail but will your ISP allow large files??? Doing the multiplexer thing isn't easy, I had a guy look mine over and we took it apart, but after 2hours he said forget it. Its not as simple as people have talked about. Sam tried to make one but said the cost would be about $400-$450 last time I talked to him. It has away of telling if its a single cell or a pack of some type. Victor was a really smart guy, too bad he had no business sense and his wife was kind of nuts but really nice to me for some odd reason...

Hey a long time ago I was at the track (can't remember the name it was Losi's track in SoCal outdoor), saw a guy cook a hot dog on the heat sink as a joke, had it with the heat sink pointing up in the air and hot dog seating between the fins...hahaha Did a great job had cooking line (burn lines) on it.

Have a Good One!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]

Last edited by bgotori; 03-15-2003 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default How about the Triton DC peak charger?

This thing does everthing;

-charges NIcd, NiMH, lithium-ion and lead acid batteries.
-charger/discharger, cycles 1-10 cells
-times auto-matically, memorizes peak and average battery voltage and more.

check it out at www.electrifly.com

Only costs $129.99 at Tower and that don't include a coupon deal.

Does any one have one of these? It sounds to good to be true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.