Old 12-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Suspended

Here is a short video of my car at my local carpet track. Enjoy

https://www.facebook.com/chrismdadam...00847577546547
miller tyme and LOW ET like this.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It would be nice if you linked it in a way that all can enjoy without having to sign up to drink the Kool-Aid.
sps3172 likes this.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:46 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mleemor60
It would be nice if you linked it in a way that all can enjoy without having to sign up to drink the Kool-Aid.
Sorry to inconvenience you.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

No inconvenience actually just a bit disappointed is all. I am sure there could be some knowledge to be gained from your efforts but alas I may never know because I choose not to take an interest in what people have for breakfast or what their dog left in a neighbor's yard.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

We got chunked with them today.
skater-deez1 likes this.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Was it from wrecks are just hard driving?
Old 12-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I ran Matt's mod car today with foams on it . instantly backed the Dr down to 60% and throttle epa to 60% lol . no dope had a blast driving it. Then doped the tires 1/2 front full rear . scrubbed them in and ran 10 min strait working the Dr&epa up to 80%90% was running 1.5 sec faster than 17.5tc... It was fun to drive but theirs no way 4-7 guys will race this setup on carpet in a club setup... It will be a nightmare. Corner speed so fast that you might as well close your eyes when you attempt to pass ...
Also in the 15min of me running at 70-80% of its potential (the cars not mine lol) the rear tires wore down 1mm from new uncut height
The fronts didnt ware any...
But I will say most of the rear ware was when I didnt use sauce.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Time and setup. Hopefully we can get some good setups going to be trying them in 17.5 tc for a few club races in between series. At $20 a set I’d be dumb not to try.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Sorry to inconvenience you.
Chris car looked fricken dialed. Not sure wth
Dude was talking about but reference Kool-Aid?!? I had no problem watching the video though thanks for sharing.
Marcos.J and Chris Adams like this.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I want to see if I understand.......

Touring car racing struggles to keep the number of racers that other forms of rc does, turn outs (at least at my local tracks) have fallen on their face if they even get anyone to race

And ppl want to introduce yet ANOTHER class which will turn into another 2-3 classes ( you know everyone needs a class)

So at a club race there are gonna be 10 classes for 16 entries.

Big races will have 15 classes with 15-20 entries in each one.

Sounds about right. Every one gets a participation trophy.

Is foam fun to run, yes.

But you guys that think it’s going to be “ just take them out of the box and race” are fooling yourself.

Guys are still gonna true them down , they are still gonna use sauce.

Are you gonna race the guy that’s “ran” his tires down to the rim from practicing 3 Times a week, with your brand new out the box tires??? Nope!

I’ll also say you will eventually get to having to glue sidewalls or truing them to the rim. Right now as it’s something new. No one is really pushing the envelope YET!

But wait until guys really start playing with set up and cars are changed to get the most out of the foams.

It’s racing someone, is going to try to find an advantage and push the limits. And you will be right back to square one but with more classes for less racers.
nnick, JimmyMac, Marcos.J and 4 others like this.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

from what i saw on saturday the tires were not as good as rubber tires on asphalt the rubber tires were faster, maybe due to the track having some bumps in some areas . Im sure they will be faster on carpet just like they did years ago. But in Florida since we only have one carpet track , i dont see much of a foam class in florida.
skater-deez1 likes this.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
from what i saw on saturday the tires were not as good as rubber tires on asphalt the rubber tires were faster, maybe due to the track having some bumps in some areas . Im sure they will be faster on carpet just like they did years ago. But in Florida since we only have one carpet track , i dont see much of a foam class in florida.
For us in the Midwest that try to run electric on the same day as Nitro I think it will help. Rubber tires don'e care much for the Exhaust blast the nitros leave out of every corner. I also think the advantage to foam will be in both the life and knowing that they have reached the end of said life on asphalt.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

Whats up long time.... With respect, who was doing the testing ?
There is a difference with a known good driver and someone not so good ...
That would help to know if it was a fair test..
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by speedxl
Whats up long time.... With respect, who was doing the testing ?
There is a difference with a known good driver and someone not so good ...
That would help to know if it was a fair test..
yes long time conduct the testing let the lap times reflect on it let me know how it works out for you , like i said it was a bumpy track, this weekend is he will try them on a smoother track it may be faster than rubber tires , il keep you posted.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by miller tyme
For us in the Midwest that try to run electric on the same day as Nitro I think it will help. Rubber tires don'e care much for the Exhaust blast the nitros leave out of every corner. I also think the advantage to foam will be in both the life and knowing that they have reached the end of said life on asphalt.
at the Kraceway we were traction rolling with solaris 36's on the corners on the asphalt from all the traction laid down from the nitro cars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.