Old 07-13-2017, 12:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TEAM ASSOCIATED DB8

check it out https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_...cks/Nomad/RTR/

I've got one on the way.....
Old 07-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Looks like they brought back the SC8e in a way. Looks like a lot of common parts. That's freaking awesome as it just extended the life of the SC8 another decade.

Looks pretty cool though. What does this compete against?
Old 07-13-2017, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

sooo is it a rock crawler???
Old 07-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Phantom56
Looks like they brought back the SC8e in a way. Looks like a lot of common parts. That's freaking awesome as it just extended the life of the SC8 another decade.

Your absolutely correct, they are bringing back the 8th scale dessert runners. I owned both SC8 nitro & eventually converted to SC8-e which they both were a total blast. The only thing is it was very hard to find a class to race with here in Atlanta, Georgia. Its been 7 years since I laid down that rig but now this DB8 coming out I have to get back into it! From reading up on this rig, it has all the RC8.2 features. No wing but who cares, I like to keep it low and fast. Looks like a rock crawler but its not. I'd have to assume it can be added to buggy/truggy 8th scale class since its a mix between the both. I really hope this platform will kick people to get involved in its own class.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phantom56

The closest thing production wise would be the Losi SCBE, however the Losi is based off of their SCTE 2.0 4wd chassis, and not their 1/8 buggy. I loved the looks of the Losi, so, I created my own version from a Kyosho 1/8 TKi4.

Old 07-15-2017, 07:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by egalsim
The closest thing production wise would be the Losi SCBE, however the Losi is based off of their SCTE 2.0 4wd chassis, and not their 1/8 buggy. I loved the looks of the Losi, so, I created my own version from a Kyosho 1/8 TKi4.

That is very intresting. Looks awesome.
Old 07-15-2017, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Man that build looks cool. Big fan of BAJA racing so naturally I like these.

Man has it been that long for the SC8? good god I'm getting long in tooth. I still run my nitro sc8 and have a sc8.e I need to restore. Makes for a fun practice day. What's funny is that the newest breed of 4x sct's aren't that far off the sc8.2...you could run one at most tracks and no one would even notice the difference.

This new buggy definitely looks cool. Will it take off and a new class be created? Highly doubtful. But that doesn't mean we can't buy them and play. Who knows, a couple guys get them and get together on a practice day... Racing happens.

I'm definitely a sort of "connoisseur" of the super cool ideas that made it into production. Remote start Losi 1/10 nitro sct's, sc8's, sc10b's, slayers and the sort. To be honest, I have more fun running practice laps three days a week than an organized all day races as of late. Too hot to sit outside for 14 hours.

In short, I'll buy one. It's on my list.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I've been playing around with mine a bit and it is a lot of fun. I doubt this will make any sense as a racing vehicle because the body is big and heavy and the tires are really not optimal for racing. The sidewall is super tall compared to standard SC tires and it (the tire) rolls over like crazy. It is basically and SC8.2 with a buggy body and truggy wheel hex adapters.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
I've been playing around with mine a bit and it is a lot of fun. I doubt this will make any sense as a racing vehicle because the body is big and heavy and the tires are really not optimal for racing. The sidewall is super tall compared to standard SC tires and it (the tire) rolls over like crazy. It is basically and SC8.2 with a buggy body and truggy wheel hex adapters.
So your saying truggy wheels/tires are only to fit this ride? not buggy tires?
Old 07-16-2017, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Associatedfan29
So your saying truggy wheels/tires are only to fit this ride? not buggy tires?
All 17mm wheels will fit. I guess the word 'adapter' is somewhat misleading, as you're not up/downsizing to another hex size, so just ignore that bit.
A wheel hex extender is probably a more appropriate word.

The DB8 uses 'truggy' wheel hexes to get that additional track width and possibly to clear any chassis rubbing at full steering lock. In contrast, the SC8.2e used 'buggy' width wheel hexes...

Old 07-17-2017, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

TRiN, thank you for that info. Now I'm curious to know what tire/wheel options I can run on this DB8. Is there an SCT wheel that I can mount aftermarket tires (AKA-Jconcepts-etc) that will fit this DB8? Running truggy wheels seems ridiculous. Yes I want to race with the buggies/truggies. The tires that are on it now seems adequate enough for general bashing. But comes time to showcase this ride in races , I need some shoes that will run on loose dirt & Georgia red clay. Spunkysandoval, have you explored any tire combinations yet?
Old 07-17-2017, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Associatedfan29
TRiN, thank you for that info. Now I'm curious to know what tire/wheel options I can run on this DB8. Is there an SCT wheel that I can mount aftermarket tires (AKA-Jconcepts-etc) that will fit this DB8? Running truggy wheels seems ridiculous. Yes I want to race with the buggies/truggies. The tires that are on it now seems adequate enough for general bashing. But comes time to showcase this ride in races , I need some shoes that will run on loose dirt & Georgia red clay. Spunkysandoval, have you explored any tire combinations yet?
I will post a picture later, but you are married to the Associated DB8 tires. They are super tall. At least 1" taller than standard SC tires. They do fit on standard SC wheels and DE racing makes a SC wheel that can be used with the 17mm drive hex. I'll post a pic when I get home later to illustrate what I mean.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Attached Thumbnails TEAM ASSOCIATED DB8-lrm_export_20170717_200248.jpg  
Old 07-23-2017, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

How does it handle with these tires? Does it seem like a slug? Also what are the jumping characteristics?

I really want to purchase one but now a bit turned off due to the tires.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by respirologyrc
How does it handle with these tires? Does it seem like a slug? Also what are the jumping characteristics?

I really want to purchase one but now a bit turned off due to the tires.
Its a beast! Put in Gen Ace 4s battery and she screams. handles very well on rough terrain with the stock general tires. I experimented on truggy tires to see if it fit & clear turning radius and FITS. I havent been to a "track" yet but it seems to handle just like the RC8 platform. I'm extremely satisfied. If I want to I can literally convert this rig back to a standard rc8 buggy with a few parts added or modified.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.