Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree369Likes

4wd stadium trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tsair, is there any chance I could get you to post your pics of mocking up the 22-4 2.0 with the 10tt wheels/body? Just looking for a straight on shot to see how much clearance the rear has. The t4.1 body I ordered is much wider in the rear than the front; which makes it too close for comfort.

If I end up keeping the Xray I have it will certainly be converted to 4wd st and stay that way. Whether I leave the front end with t4.1 12mm hex offset wheels and go with Xt2 rear arms/driveshafts is to be determined yet; as I'm thinking that the 22-4 2.0 will be easier to convert due to the narrower chassis in the front where the xray is wider (steering clearance is the issue at hand with the 4wd buggy platforms being converted to 4wd st's in my experience so far.) I'm hoping to have something ready to drive by not by this weekend but the following. If I do I'll certainly get some video and post it here asap.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do they still make that lrp 4wheel stadium truck. Think is was called the blast?
Old 04-13-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is this what you were looking for?

Old 04-13-2017, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Still have my hyper10tt, without a doubt one of the funniest cars I've ran!
Old 04-13-2017, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Yes Tsair; any chance of a shot of that exact setup from the front? And I seem to have forgotten when/if you had a chance to try fitting a different losi rear end on (22t or sct?!) Have been doing some research and the 22 SCT 2.0 uses 88mm rear driveshafts... Something I originally overlooked upon my XB4 conversion when using rear axle stubs up front was how much farther out the hex-pin hole was on the rear axles than the front. So presuming the same logic will apply on the losi (I'm going to go look tomorrow) the track width should be within a few mm's if standard 22 hex's are used in the rear with some + width hex's in front combined with the additional width from the rear axle stub should be almost perfect.. just what I need, another 22-4 2.0 to break... Ha! Kidding kind of.. (I went down to an 8.5 and upped the breaks on the esc a little; for anyone curious)

Thanks again and in advance Tsair; I will still need to order a 10tt body regardless sometime so I'll know sooner or later. Problem I'm having is my t4.1 body is too wide for any buggy conversions unless a full blown ST rear end is transplanted which results in the front being too narrow unless someone gets really creative!

Some last info regarding the XB4; I did pull a front arm from my XT2 and stick it on the xb4 to see; and the 115mm center shaft I had to try to fit was roughly 10mm too long; but I do believe the center outdrives can be used in place of the standard diff outdrives based on some simple measurements (when I rebuild the center diff I'll try to assemble a front/rear diff with the center diff outdrives; if it works then the search for an xray 103-105mm dogbone is on! Another possibility is using XT2 rear A arms all the way around and simply drilling new outer hingepin holes to compensate for the difference in distance from outdrive to inner hub bearing. I'm slowly starting to think by the time I get one of these done I'll have figured out most way to convert most buggies. Best of luck to anyone running a Hyper TT and/or converting up a wheeler!
Old 04-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry, I gave up on the 22-4T 2.0 conversion. But yes, you would need 5mm of spacers up front (a wheel bearing would work) to accommodate the wider drivepin location when using rear axles up front.

What would be close would be to use 22T wheels up front (because of the wider track width), and then something like Hyper TT wheels in the rear (because of the narrower track width). I think this would get about equal track width front/rear.

If you wanted 22T wheels all the way around, you'd have to use longer arms in the rear. 3.0 truck arms (SCT/T) would be too long, I looked into that. I think the next size up after the 22-4 arms are the 1.0 SCT rear arms, but they might still be too long.

That's about as far as I got in trying to figure it out. Overall, I suspect the 22-4 would not make a good platform for a 4WD truck, because the front belt is pretty small and those huge wheels may be too much for them, especially under braking.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

All good Tsair; and awesome about the front being widened 5mm per side with rear axles. I definitely share the concerns on the front pulley becoming a weak point, as well as the front pivot because of the additional leverage on it and weight of the 2.2 tire/rim. As far as the Losi 22-4t 2.0 (great job coining that by the way!) goes in my eyes the car will need to be driven squeaky clean at all times and it will let a few things go still in the event of a mildly bad crash (rear hubs (addressed already by TLR), front pivot (TLR driver informed me that it is still more or less a crush point to prevent any worse damage) as well as ball studs and cups ( I even went lunsford ti studs/turnbuckles/ball cups and have done in one or two of those as well ) so I'm by no means expecting anything truthfully race pace durable out of the deal; but if I can learn to drive it extremely clean I think it will be alright. Time will tell; and quite honestly I'm thinking about buying a 10tt just to have and compare with as you stated in your own review of that car that the arms are not an "if" but a "when" will they break; kind of where I'm at with rear hubs and front pivots on the 2.0 car. 8 packs or so and 2 front pivots and 2 rear hubs down. Almost certainly my fault but that's a break every other time out where as my Xray didn't flinch an entire season of 13.5. Time will tell; I hope to have some more useful progress done soon and getting one of these options worked out. Thanks for the help Tsair; I do appreciate it.

I have just measured what the front width will be after rear axle stubs and +1.5mm exotek rear hexes with t4.1 12mm hex wheels (DE borrego I believe) and came up with roughly 315mm for front track width. Searching around for some 22t rear track measurements quick (rear width hex to hex and distance between inner rear hinge pins) and then may be pulling the trigger on some stuff to try out.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

So this is just t4.1 12mm hex wheels with +1.5mm rear hexes along with rear axles in front (4.5mm spacer required to use standard 22-4 front hex.) Will be testing it Sunday so long as I figure out body mounts (some here know I don't mind getting creative.) Anyways, here we are.
tsair likes this.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

So, what does one do with an ancient mbx5r laying around? With my nitro motors needing some extra love and care right now and outdoor season approaching it's end, I figured why not convert it to electric.. and hey, maybe even shorten it up by about um, 40mm? I must say some 4wd sct wheels are in order to get a more proper look going but it will be fun!

Last edited by aspiringracer; 08-29-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aspiringracer
So, what does one do with an ancient mbx5r laying around? With my nitro motors needing some extra love and care right now and outdoor season approaching it's end, I figured why not convert it to electric.. and hey, maybe even shorten it up by about um, 40mm? I must say some 4wd sct wheels are in order to get a more proper look going but it will be fun!
I'm pretty happy with my MBX7R-SCT. Here's the thread on Mugen conversions if you're interested in going that route.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...prototype.html
Old 08-29-2017, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

IF your needing more width, front or rear, Rustler front rims have a diff off set like the 2wd Slash front rims have. The rear rims have the standard off set.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This thread was one of my motivators to build my HPI MT2-E conversion.

[/img]http://i.imgur.com/WSH8J4N.jpg[/img]

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...hpi-mt2-e.html

I wish HPI would release a MT3, but it'll probably never happen.
aspiringracer and vintage1 like this.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm almost done with my schumacher k2 stadium truck...coming out really well
Old 08-30-2017, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thefnshow
I'm almost done with my schumacher k2 stadium truck...coming out really well
Super anxious to see some pics of this!
Old 08-31-2017, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

here you go
Attached Thumbnails 4wd stadium trucks!-0829171153_hdr-1328x747.jpg   4wd stadium trucks!-0829171153a-1328x747.jpg   4wd stadium trucks!-0829171153-1328x747.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.