Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree478Likes

TLR 22 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-22-2017, 06:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt M.
22-4.0 Wiki

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Thirty... do you guys run Primes? What compound?

If you do... I have a few suggestions from our track setups. (Indoor wet high grip clay). We run M4 primes, sauced
Old 05-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZEe_NYC

If you do... I have a few suggestions from our track setups. (Indoor wet high grip clay). We run M4 primes, sauced
Generally m4 electrons. I ran Positrons the past 2 weeks.
ZEe_NYC likes this.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Thirty, verify your change (take off the wing). A front wing should add high speed steering but should not cause such a dramatic difference at normal/lower infield speeds.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Thirty, verify your change (take off the wing). A front wing should add high speed steering but should not cause such a dramatic difference at normal/lower infield speeds.
Ok thanks for that clarification. We'll give that a shot first.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Thirty,
I agree with what NYC is saying. Plus you said it started off good and then got worse.

Did you Diff loosen up the more you ran??
Just something to look at.
Good luck
thirtydaZe likes this.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

I'd like to see what you've come up with as well, I am having a mid corner issue where the car attempts to slide out, but doesn't, gets very close and i can feel it breaking traction, just doesn't quite get there. This is on a small indoor high bite clay track with a ton of tight turns where we use sauced clay primes. I'm not running kit springs, running AE grey front (or Kyosho Gold), Yokomo green rear.
ZEe_NYC likes this.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davidka
The mounting location could have an effect on it as well, if the wing is on the tower it will generate a lot more downforce, then a wing mounted below.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

i run a 22 3.0 with a TLR laydown. I run a front wing and front 4wd wide. In order to play around with balanced traction, I only mess around with the front tires and the way I sauce them. I want to have maximum rear traction , mind you, so rear tires are sauced full before every qualifier/main.

Front tires are a bit different. Depending on where the traction is, I can switch back to 2wd wide fronts of the traction has a really good balance front to rear. That doesn't necessarily mean that a 2wd front with full sauce is my preferred (for my driving style). Then comes the saucing part. If the traction is to the point where my car is getting twitchy, I will sauce just the inside of the front tires. 2wd front will get full sauce, always.

My go-to setup is
Front wing (in front of tower)
4wd front wide tires
1/2 sauce front, full sauce rear
-1° or 0° Front camber with 0° toe
-2° Rear camber

It's a balanced car, grip wise. Obviously as the race goes on I will lose a bit of traction, but I easily compensate it with my driving.

Also remember that driver input is more important than the setup. Maybe try tunin for maximum traction and the setting your steering rate a bit lower. I used to do this when I would sauce my front tires completely. To prevent traction roll, is set my steering rate to 85-87% at the beginning of the race and slowly move it back up to 100% as the race went on.

Hope this helps.
thirtydaZe likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

i run a 22 3.0 with a TLR laydown. I run a front wing and front 4wd wide. In order to play around with balanced traction, I only mess around with the front tires and the way I sauce them. I want to have maximum rear traction , mind you, so rear tires are sauced full before every qualifier/main.

Front tires are a bit different. Depending on where the traction is, I can switch back to 2wd wide fronts of the traction has a really good balance front to rear. That doesn't necessarily mean that a 2wd front with full sauce is my preferred (for my driving style). Then comes the saucing part. If the traction is to the point where my car is getting twitchy, I will sauce just the inside of the front tires. 2wd front will get full sauce, always.

My go-to setup is
Front wing (in front of tower)
4wd front wide tires
1/2 sauce front, full sauce rear
-1° or 0° Front camber with 0° toe
-2° Rear camber

It's a balanced car, grip wise. Obviously as the race goes on I will lose a bit of traction, but I easily compensate it with my driving.

Also remember that driver input is more important than the setup. Maybe try tunin for maximum traction and the setting your steering rate a bit lower. I used to do this when I would sauce my front tires completely. To prevent traction roll, is set my steering rate to 85-87% at the beginning of the race and slowly move it back up to 100% as the race went on.

Hope this helps.
That all makes sense.
ZEe_NYC likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thirtydaZe
Yup it was those. All are the same length as the 4.0.
thirtydaZe likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SickNT760
Yup it was those. All are the same length as the 4.0.
Anyone know if the B6's ballcups work with these and the kit's ballstuds?
Old 05-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I do need to actually compare the weight between the carbon strap vs stock. I have Ti ball studs and shock mounts on the way so that should help as well. The aluminum front pivot is for sure going to go since that is where I see most of the weight coming from aluminum stuff. Already have the TLR slipper eliminator, need to wait for the SR stuff to become available but definitely on the list. From your post I do see some other things to do in order to put it on a diet. Thank you for the reply.
Carbon strap drops 0.5g.

Here's a video on some of the ways I dropped weight on my 22T and the $/gram ratio on what I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11w7yqhW5rE
Old 05-18-2017, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason B
No.TLR tie rods are 3.5mm and AE are 3mm. You would need to drill out the B6 cup to fit on a TLR tie rod. Than you will need AE ball studs cuz they are larger then TLR just don't recall off hand the size of the ball itself but do know the AE ball studs are bigger.
Jason B likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason B
If you are contemplating on running the B6 ball cups try running the older style TLR HD ball cups. Just drill a hole in the top of them, haven't had an issue with ball cups popping off since I made the switch.
Jason B likes this.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

If you are contemplating on running the B6 ball cups try running the older style TLR HD ball cups. Just drill a hole in the top of them, haven't had an issue with ball cups popping off since I made the switch.
That sounds like a great fix until the new ball cups come out.
What size drill bit do you use?
Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.