Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck Race Kit Thread! >

TLR 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

TLR 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck Race Kit Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Callaway
If you are using the long VLA, try the short setting. I've found it changes how the steering feels through a turn.

I don't think rear droop is going to impact wheelies. Running less front droop may reduce wheelies, but that would be the last thing I'd try. First check is the slipper, make sure it's not too tight. Then you can also go up on your pinion and/or lower the punch level on your ESC.
Tried all of those things. The truck seems to have a ton of droop, and the rear spring seems a bit soft. I wonder if I should go up one rate on it.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Tried all of those things. The truck seems to have a ton of droop, and the rear spring seems a bit soft. I wonder if I should go up one rate on it.
Well if you have a ton of traction, then stiffening the rear springs and thicker oil will help. I don't see how rear droop would play a part because you are transferring weight to the rear under acceleration. Reducing front droop will limit how far the nose can rise before having to lift the front wheels off the ground, which will help a little.

But if your slipper is set to just slip a bit under a hard acceleration and you're not under-geared, I don't see why you would have to do anything else to keep the wheels on the ground. I suppose you could always add expo on the steering rate or slow down your trigger finger a bit.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Well if you have a ton of traction, then stiffening the rear springs and thicker oil will help. I don't see how rear droop would play a part because you are transferring weight to the rear under acceleration. Reducing front droop will limit how far the nose can rise before having to lift the front wheels off the ground, which will help a little.

But if your slipper is set to just slip a bit under a hard acceleration and you're not under-geared, I don't see why you would have to do anything else to keep the wheels on the ground. I suppose you could always add expo on the steering rate or slow down your trigger finger a bit.
I have a practice evening tomorrow. Will check slipper before making other changes. Gearing is per the manual for a 7.5
Old 05-16-2017, 06:25 AM
Tech Rookie

I ordered Titanium turnbuckles from Lunsford based off the instruction manual. Unfortunately the instruction manual is incorrect and states 4mm turnbuckles when in fact it is 3.5mm.

I know this was stated previously but I just wanted to restate it so no one orders the wrong size and wastes their money like I did.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:46 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Junky
I ordered Titanium turnbuckles from Lunsford based off the instruction manual. Unfortunately the instruction manual is incorrect and states 4mm turnbuckles when in fact it is 3.5mm.

I know this was stated previously but I just wanted to restate it so no one orders the wrong size and wastes their money like I did.
The shank is 4mm, the thread size is M3.5
Old 05-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just installed the MIP super diff and protek ti screw kit. Loved the screw kit, screws went in very well, grabbed nicely and fit the hex head great, highly recommend.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mvrk28
Just installed the MIP super diff and protek ti screw kit. Loved the screw kit, screws went in very well, grabbed nicely and fit the hex head great, highly recommend.
Did you pre thread all the holes with the stainless screws first? I have heard of some issues stripping out Ti screws. Just want to know so I don't strip them out if I go this route. Thanks!!
Old 05-17-2017, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

So practice night showed an improvement in the wheelie issue. It's still not fully fixed (loosening the slipper definitely helped), Afraid if I loosen it even more pads will be destroyed. I'm now thinking maybe a spring rate change to one step stiffer in the rear will fix it.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

So practice night showed an improvement in the wheelie issue. It's still not fully fixed (loosening the slipper definitely helped), Afraid if I loosen it even more pads will be destroyed. I'm now thinking maybe a spring rate change to one step stiffer in the rear will fix it.
You can try trimming down the rear wing about halfway. I find that it's overly large and there's too much downforce on the rear.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tsair
You can try trimming down the rear wing about halfway. I find that it's overly large and there's too much downforce on the rear.
It is pretty big.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

It is pretty big.
I had a small wheelie problem with 13.5, cutting it down helped a fair bit.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:02 AM
Tech Regular

On loose dirt I see more people using a gear cover. Its loose so its dusty.
On High Bite Clay I see less gear covers. I race on both types.
With this 2.0 22T and My 22 2.0 SCT I fit in with the Losi Crowd at Dawson.
I understand the 3.0 ones have been out for a while. Both of mine are rear motor.
I can make both of them Mid Motor because I have the parts to. But then ill have
to run shorties. Since I'm running modified in both that doesn't seem like a good idea.
If I was running mild modifieds like 13.5 or 17.5 id more than likely do it.
A 13.5 cant hang with the people I race with. They run 6.5, 7.5 and 8.5, a few 10.5 as well.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bmag5000
On loose dirt I see more people using a gear cover. Its loose so its dusty.
On High Bite Clay I see less gear covers. I race on both types.
With this 2.0 22T and My 22 2.0 SCT I fit in with the Losi Crowd at Dawson.
I understand the 3.0 ones have been out for a while. Both of mine are rear motor.
I can make both of them Mid Motor because I have the parts to. But then ill have
to run shorties. Since I'm running modified in both that doesn't seem like a good idea.
If I was running mild modifieds like 13.5 or 17.5 id more than likely do it.
A 13.5 cant hang with the people I race with. They run 6.5, 7.5 and 8.5, a few 10.5 as well.
What's wrong with a shorty in mod? That's what everyone is running these days.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

What's wrong with a shorty in mod? That's what everyone is running these days.
All I use are shorties in all my cars, Mod St, 5.5 4 wheel, 7.5 buggy, 17.5 buggy. No need for another type of battery if your setup is correct.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:30 AM
Tech Regular

I'm running castle equipment. I'm not running sensored.
Although I think castle started making sensored stuff now I saw them 2 weeks ago at the track.
I may update to sensored sometime, but right now I'm doing good with what I have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.