Search

Racing with a Castle sensored 4 pole ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zinergy
Yes, but they specifically state "Not for use in 4x4 SCT". I know companies put warnings that are conservative. But they need to have some alternative for 4x4 SCT guys wanting to run sensored motors in 2s config.
I ran my MMP in my 1/8th for 2 years and only problem I has was the on/off switch. The New Mamba Max X will easily run an 1/8th buggy and with the new 8amp BEC this thing is a beast. I have one but didn't get my new 1/8th to put it in. Even the MMP is a beast when you compare to other esc's. Only thing that some have over the MMP or new Mamba Max X is some are a little smaller but Castle don't need any external caps as they are built into the esc and why the Castles seem large.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think anyone is stating castle doesn't have an ESC that can handle 4x4 SCT or 1/8th scale. Especially not me as I have a MMX with a sensorless 2200kv setup in my basher losi 8ight e buggy. And 2 other bashers with castle setups. And 2 more cars I want to convert to castle setups. I actually really like castle on bashers. The issue is the lack of motors, especially sensored motors sold with an ESC that can handle(or is rated for) 4x4 SCT in a 2s config. Basically meaning 4000-4700kv motor, sold with a good esc, that can handle a 4x4 car up to 8-9ishlbs.

SCT racing is a big deal in RC these days. It has brought popularity back to RC in many areas. Every track has a SCT class. Castle shouldn't skip over this market in RC. It's a big one.

Last edited by Zinergy; 01-18-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Revivng thread

I too wish Castle would make a motor in the 4000-4600kv range for 4x4 SCT. I just ordered a Tekno SCT410.3 and went to the Castle website only to be disappointed there is nothing available for my new build...