Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree106Likes

TLR 22 SCT 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cub86
I'm sick of leading a race and slightly clipping a pipe and popping camber links and steering arms totally off. The ball cups are crap. I love the tlr cars but its frustrating to tough anything and lose a lap immediatly. My question is had anyone fixed this problem???? Has anyone put ae ball cups on it.

once they pop off you need to replace them. they will pop easier each time
you hit something once they start poping off.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is TimmE's image displaying for anyone else? I can't see it.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

I can't see it either...
Old 03-13-2017, 06:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can somebody post dakotas desert classic setup . Thanks
Old 03-13-2017, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm sick of leading a race and slightly clipping a pipe and popping camber links and steering arms totally off. The ball cups are crap. I love the tlr cars but its frustrating to tough anything and lose a lap immediatly. My question is had anyone fixed this problem???? Has anyone put ae ball cups on it.
I've seen this happen at my local track on more than one occasion, on both the 22SCT3.0 and 22T3.0.

I'm curios to see what Frank's comments are on it.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Granted I have not run the new open cups a lot but never had this problem with the old closed cups. May want to try those out. This is odd. Is it always the same ball and cup or multiple places? If it is one ball and cup I would replace both. Either the ball is worn or slightly undersize or the cup is stretched.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:07 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

On the SCT, just use the previous version of the ball cups for now, TLR6017.

We're working on improving the new ball cups right now.

Originally Posted by Wg931
Can somebody post dakotas desert classic setup . Thanks
We'll have his setups posted probably next week. He'll be at the Silver State this weekend, so I probably won't be able to get them until then.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason B
Is TimmE's image displaying for anyone else? I can't see it.
Sorry. I'll try it this way:
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-14-2017, 02:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Casper
Granted I have not run the new open cups a lot but never had this problem with the old closed cups. May want to try those out. This is odd. Is it always the same ball and cup or multiple places? If it is one ball and cup I would replace both. Either the ball is worn or slightly undersize or the cup is stretched.

Thanks Casper but it happened on the old truck as well with the old style ball cups but yes the new ones are worse. I may crash more than u pros lol but not excessively. Tlr cant expect us to change a ball cup after every crash or pop. But Frank said it's being fixed and when he says that it usually gets fixed so hopefully soon. Thanks guys

Last edited by Cub86; 03-14-2017 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)
Default ballcups

^ +1 im like cub86 Im not a pro.I do wreck. Not excessively. I even had a Jr Mitch 2.0 that the ball cups popped off on me. I changed them quite often as well as all ball studs still happened. I have a 22sct 3.0 that hasn't give me any trouble. How about a captured ballcup end? Or servo saver? oops I was in the wrong thread for this post should have been the 22t 3.0 thread. Basically the same though...

Last edited by maxx90; 03-14-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Thanks Casper but it happened on the old truck as well with the old style ball cups but yes the new ones are worse. I may crash more than u pros lol but not excessively. Tlr cant expect us to change a ball cup after every crash or pop. But Frank said it's being fixed and when he says that it usually gets fixed so hopefully soon. Thanks guys
That is interesting. I don't typically see TLR ball cups pop off all that much in so cal. From Anyone, pro to novice. Now crash hard enough and anything is possible and I would rather have a ball cup then an arm pop.

The close end cups may be the quick fix but I would be suprised to see "taps" popping stuff off. If it happened on your 2.0 and there were a lot of miles on that car especially in dirty conditions the balls will wear and need to be replaced.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IMO, you have to be careful how you pop off the closed end ballcups when you want to make a ballstud adjustment, etc. You can't just force them off with a screwdriver or whatever, you have to make sure you don't damage them taking them off. I use a special 1/8" turnbuckle wrench that won't damage the edges of the ballcups.

Once I made sure I was careful with the old ones and replaced them if they popped on their own, I pretty much never had a problem. They didn't come off any more than other brands.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (99%+)
Default Lay down?

Hello, im building a sct and was just wondering if everyone is still using the stand up transmission on the 3.0, or using some sort of laydown conversion for indoor high grip clay tracks? Are there any other things that need to be done in the initial build? Thanks for any help

Last edited by lcjhobbyworld; 03-14-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Tech Prophet

The car really does not accept a laydown. You could do the exotek conversion if you wanted. Not sure how many have tried it yet.

I like clamping rear hexes and alum servo mounts. Otherwise the truck is pretty well fitted with hop ups. IF you are running stock you might want to think about some titanium upgrades.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
The car really does not accept a laydown. You could do the exotek conversion if you wanted. Not sure how many have tried it yet.

I like clamping rear hexes and alum servo mounts. Otherwise the truck is pretty well fitted with hop ups. IF you are running stock you might want to think about some titanium upgrades.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.