Wiki Posts
Search

Any Word on a New AE 4WD buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 07:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carpetburner
AE knocked off the jconcepts JB4 from 2003 to make the b44. The JB4 was a better more durable wheeler .
BJ4 but yeah... I had one and it was a decent wheeler
Old 08-06-2016, 07:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Socket
Fixed.
Socket on point!
Old 08-06-2016, 07:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Breeze
Serpent designed most of the dex410 and scrapped the project. Durango started and released the dex410 as there first car.
and in the following year have made 5 different "versions" of that buggy... Still nobody cares.... What we DO care about is the new AE wheeler!
Old 08-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lyons238
if i had to guess i would say if anything they will make something of their own, but more along the lines of the xray, rather than the yok.

a wheeler is a seriously versatile car, unfortunately the yok isn't as versatile as the xray. i dont think AE will ditch their clay performance for astro. i think they will make a car like the xray thats a great all around car and shaft driven. just a guess though, but the xray is dominant IMO. the car just works...and on every surface. and i know this because i run on both clay, carpet, and astro. with some minor setup the changes the car screws on all surfaces.
The YZ4 is a lot more versatile than many think. People whom have giving them time have found set ups that work on all track types. The front skid bumper issue with debri enticing the front diff has been fixed by BRC, the front arm issue has been fixed. New rear hubs with longer CVDs have greatly improved the rear end. Tons on battery options and layouts is really nice. I have ran dual 1s packs in series. I have found it an awesome wheeler, but I think all the top end wheelers are great as personal preference is what sets them apart. Sworkz, Durango, TeamC, TLR, AE, Yokomo, XRAY, SERPENT, Tamiya, HB, Caster, Hobby Pro, Schmacher and Carisma's new wheeler are race worthy as it comes down to what feels best for you.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Don't you think if AE was getting ready to introduce a new wheeler or show one out in the open that they would do a marketing campaign similar to what they did with the B6 line of cars?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kraig
Don't you think if AE was getting ready to introduce a new wheeler or show one out in the open that they would do a marketing campaign similar to what they did with the B6 line of cars?

I was thinking that also, which is what has my hopes for something this week dwindling. Perhaps they're waiting for EOS so they can show off the carpet abilities like they did the B6?
Old 08-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig

Yes and no. 2wd market is much bigger than 4x4 and the B6 was not expected by most so they really tried to throw out a big surprise. The new 4x4 is expected anytime and the 4x4 market is much smaller so if they brought one to Nats it would be cool four a small piece of the market. When they came out with the .1,.2, and .3 they just kind of showed up on the website no big production.

Basically what I am trying to say is I have no idea

The B6 for the most part first showed up at the worlds. Could see a highly covered up car for Nats. The 44.3 is in the closeout section on AE and it seems AE is letting distributors sell them for whatever cost they want (no MAP restriction) so one would think the design is finalized for a new ride.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
Facts and more importantly CHAMPIONSHIPS don't lie.
Its the driver bro. Put Rivkin or cavaleri on what ever car you want and theyd win
Old 08-08-2016, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Maybe we will see a preview of something in 3 days.

hope they keep the 3 gear diffs.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Emmett751
Its the driver bro. Put Rivkin or cavaleri on what ever car you want and theyd win
Your wrong, if it's all driver then why did neither of those guys make the Amain at the worlds with the b44.3? It has more to it then just driver.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Breeze
Serpent designed most of the dex410 and scrapped the project. Durango started and released the dex410 as there first car.
I can maybe see it as an evolution of the car, but do note the engineering origin of the DEX410 (Gerd Strenge) and where he works now.

The servo, steering, chassis layout, shaft joint assemblies, chassis, shocks, bulkhead, diffs, motor mount, etc are all different. Similar? Yes, but I would attribute that to Gerd vs. design reuse.

Take a close look at the details of almost every area of the car:

Old 08-08-2016, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Your wrong, if it's all driver then why did neither of those guys make the Amain at the worlds with the b44.3? It has more to it then just driver.
yep, the 44.3 design was way off the pace on carpet!
Old 08-08-2016, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=boucher;14628052]I was thinking that also, which is what has my hopes for something this week dwindling. Perhaps they're waiting for EOS so they can show off the carpet abilities like they did the B6?

Cavalieri did not race 4x4 at the hot rod shootout..... maybe because he has shelved the old car for the new one..... maybe that can keep some hope alive for you
Old 08-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
I can maybe see it as an evolution of the car, but do note the engineering origin of the DEX410 (Gerd Strenge) and where he works now.

The servo, steering, chassis layout, shaft joint assemblies, chassis, shocks, bulkhead, diffs, motor mount, etc are all different. Similar? Yes, but I would attribute that to Gerd vs. design reuse.

Take a close look at the details of almost every area of the car:

Car on top looks badass.

Car on the bottom...oh boy. Looks like a cluster.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Emmett751
Dead wrong...

Club level..the driver matters more than the car.

Pro level..the car matters because the drivers are so close in skill.

They're Pros and at the top of the game for a reason, they're the best drivers. What separates the best drivers?..What they're driving.

But at some point even Cav, Riv, and Mans can only do so much with what they're given (car) when they're racing the against the rest of the World.

IMO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.