Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Word on a New AE 4WD buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

MIP legends 4wd conversion for the RC10 was and is still pretty cool.

One the topic of wheelers my opinion is the XB4 is amazingly great in all areas, and I have discovered the YZ4 is great in all areas as well. The YZ4 requires more upgrades/options however it should be exspected with a new platform.

I have had both and admittedly was not patient when I purchased my first YZ4 as I did not give it enough time, nor wait for set ups to be shared or new parts to be released. Luckily I ran into another new kit via a trade for a vintage wheeler I had. This time I was patient as well as being lots of set up advice and great new option parts. Thus I can say the YZ4 is rock solid.

Some prefer shaft driven, some prefer belt and some prefer both.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
why early November when the race you say it will debut at is the end of November?
Like I have said all along, The Team Associate Offroad Championship will be November 3rd - 6th at Trackside.

Ryan Cavalier, Brent, Spencer and Chad all will have the new 4wd. It will be it's first debut. This used to be the Spektrum/Horizon race in which each year TLR debut the 22 line of buggies at their event. This year Associate gets the honor.

This is my take on when this new buggy will be revealed.

Last edited by Fabulous; 10-03-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm really hoping for belt drive and gear diffs. I had the B44.2 and a d413 and hated the torque steer. The belts are so smooth and have less parts, no pinion or pinion bearing and couplers. I ve owned Schumacher and now a Losi 22 4 2.0 and really prefer belt drive, I've never had any issues and I drive pretty aggressive with a 5.5. I see more consistency with belt drive ...car just seems more planted, but to each their own. If this is just another shaft drive car, I will be getting another Losi.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fabulous
Like I have said all along, The Team Associate Offroad Championship will be November 3rd - 6th at Trackside.

Ryan Cavalier, Brent, Spencer and Chad all will have the new 4wd. It will be it's first debut. This used to be the Spektrum/Horizon race in which each year TLR debut the 22 line of buggies at their event. This year Associate gets the honor.

This is my take on when this new buggy will be revealed.
+1 on AE ORC at Trackside. Nice facility, hobby shop and ownership thus always a fun place to go. Will be tons of people at this event.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AJrollin
I'm really hoping for belt drive and gear diffs. I had the B44.2 and a d413 and hated the torque steer. The belts are so smooth and have less parts, no pinion or pinion bearing and couplers. I ve owned Schumacher and now a Losi 22 4 2.0 and really prefer belt drive, I've never had any issues and I drive pretty aggressive with a 5.5. I see more consistency with belt drive ...car just seems more planted, but to each their own. If this is just another shaft drive car, I will be getting another Losi.
The difference is rotation of the drive train. Digs better on power and corners faster. Jumps and lands better too. The market demands diffs and a solid drive train. Mainly cause carpet is gaining traction. They have to build a universal kit.
That said in short..lol But I would like to see a more carpet direction with more focuse on carpet. A dirt kit and a carpet kit. Like in 2x. The TC7 could be a platform for a carpet kit for example.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
The difference is rotation of the drive train. Digs better on power and corners faster. Jumps and lands better too. The market demands diffs and a solid drive train. Mainly cause carpet is gaining traction. They have to build a universal kit.
That said in short..lol But I would like to see a more carpet direction with more focuse on carpet. A dirt kit and a carpet kit. Like in 2x. The TC7 could be a platform for a carpet kit for example.

You should push for carpet at you local track New layout as often as racers desire, no tire cleaning and a clean facility
Old 10-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
You should push for carpet at you local track New layout as often as racers desire, no tire cleaning and a clean facility
There's been conversation about trying it on the carpet track .. Doubtful it is going to happen anytime soon though.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Norse

I have had both and admittedly was not patient when I purchased my first YZ4 as I did not give it enough time, nor wait for set ups to be shared or new parts to be released. Luckily I ran into another new kit via a trade for a vintage wheeler I had. This time I was patient as well as being lots of set up advice and great new option parts. Thus I can say the YZ4 is rock solid.

Some prefer shaft driven, some prefer belt and some prefer both.
What was your feeling about drag in the drive-train on the YZ4?
A few guys who run 13.5 carpet were changing to thinner belts and still complaining about transmission drag-brake in the corners. Some went back to the XB4 saying it wasn't as stable and planted, but it carried more corner speed, hence faster lap times.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes...I to would love to have a carpet track to run on
Old 10-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
I don't know, their last belt drive might have had a lasting effect on them, lol, SC10 4X4
Ya it takes for ever to do the simplest things.
Simple shafty is the way to go.
I still love/hate my Sc104x4.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rubiconmike
Ya it takes for ever to do the simplest things.
Simple shafty is the way to go.
I still love/hate my Sc104x4.
There's a guy with an SC10 4x4 at our local who was just tearing up the Tekno and Losi guys last week
Old 10-05-2016, 06:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

the sc10 4x4 had good points, just never felt like it was being pushed at all by AE to fix the bad ones. I know a guy with one here too that other than a few areas where the car was known to be lacking against the competition it works well. Funny to hear how quiet it is.

Personally don't care if the next buggy has a belt or shaft, just be smart and make getting to the diffs easy to do and make sure the plastics are not so soft you have to disconnect your shocks so you don't bend the a-arms. Its bad when RPM can make A-arms stiffer and more durable than stock AE stuff (ex- SC104x4)
Old 10-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I also used to own an sc104x4 and admit I do miss it from time to time, mine worked pretty good. I had a pretty production exotek chassis as well which helped a lot.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I'd like to see hydraulic drive make a comeback
Old 10-09-2016, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eddie_E
What was your feeling about drag in the drive-train on the YZ4?
A few guys who run 13.5 carpet were changing to thinner belts and still complaining about transmission drag-brake in the corners. Some went back to the XB4 saying it wasn't as stable and planted, but it carried more corner speed, hence faster lap times.
Hey Eddie,

Setting the tensioners correctly. Conditioning the belts with eureka pro lube helps big time as doing so increase pliability. Biggest thing most do not do or do not know about is to disassemble the pre built diffs, thus all the excess black grease off diffs the o-rings as there is just way to much. Clean in up good and take one shim out. Really removing the excess black grease and 1 shim frees the diffs up immensly. Narrow rear belt and alum. pulleys as you mentioned. No need for the front belts top deck tensioner Upgrade the bearings. The above stuff and a couple packs she is gtg. Oh! Top flex deck by Bezerk or LMR helps with traction on low and high bite plus it does help freeing up the belt tension.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.