Search
Like Tree42Likes

Team Losi's Baja Rey Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rascalbum
Hello all,

I relatively new to the hobby and picked up my Baja Rey about 4 weeks ago. So far I've enjoyed the truck in stock form other than the noticeable steering issues that will be addressed shortly with a better servo and aluminum steering horn. I will say however that in comparison to my other truck the rey seems to reverse extremely slow, practically at crawling speed. Is this a common issue or is this something I may have overlooked in my transmitter settings when I bound it to the truck? Currently running a spectrum DX4C transmitter and the truck on a 2s 5000mah lipo.
you can adjust the reverse force by programming the esc. from the factory it's set at 25%. i programmed my esc and moved it to 50% and it's way better. here's the manual for the esc: http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/DYN4955_Manual.pdf
Old 01-24-2017, 12:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Arrived far quicker then expected. I usually don't buy bling stuff for my truck. But figured I give this a try.

that looks pretty stout. not a fan of the bearings though. did it come preloaded with those?
Old 01-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

^^^*. Yes. This was as it came.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
^^^*. Yes. This was as it came.
i could be totally wrong, but those look just like the stock bearings from the rey. i wonder why they didn't supply rubber sealed bearings.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Is anyone else having issues with the receiver in this truck? I picked up a new Spektrum transmitter Dx4s and went through the whole Bind process but after seeming to work each time the truck would just turn full lock left or right after driving straight for a second or two. It took me almost a dozen times before I finally got it to stop turning on its own but now its refusing to turn full lock to the left even though it was just doing it all on its own minutes before.. The steering was centered and everything installed correctly when I installed new steering servo and arm a month ago or so.. All the steering components are in good shape so idk why else this thing wont turn full lock left.. And ive tried adjusting everything i can through the remote but still no luck.. im about to swap out the receiver..
Old 01-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Fordboi415
Is anyone else having issues with the receiver in this truck? I picked up a new Spektrum transmitter Dx4s and went through the whole Bind process but after seeming to work each time the truck would just turn full lock left or right after driving straight for a second or two. It took me almost a dozen times before I finally got it to stop turning on its own but now its refusing to turn full lock to the left even though it was just doing it all on its own minutes before.. The steering was centered and everything installed correctly when I installed new steering servo and arm a month ago or so.. All the steering components are in good shape so idk why else this thing wont turn full lock left.. And ive tried adjusting everything i can through the remote but still no luck.. im about to swap out the receiver..
did you go through the process of recalibrating your steering and throttle points?
Old 01-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by novajustin
did you go through the process of recalibrating your steering and throttle points?
Yes.. I finally got it to bind and so far its been good!! Took me another 10 tries or so but finally got it working error free (so far).. It bound to the other receiver so easily, guess theyre not always simple lol..
Old 01-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Tech Rookie

here is something for the rear differential bearing support.

see attached

guess i should've read the whole thing just ignore this post.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi's Baja Rey Thread-img_1383.jpg  
Old 01-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Tech Rookie

anyone take the from A-arms off yet?

that would be a great video for one the tech guys.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by novajustin
i could be totally wrong, but those look just like the stock bearings from the rey. i wonder why they didn't supply rubber sealed bearings.
No they are a little bigger looks like about 1mm bigger diameter...same as the bearings on the axle metal concepts makes.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by miljnor
anyone take the from A-arms off yet?

that would be a great video for one the tech guys.
i've taken my front a-arms off a couple of times. they're really not that hard. there is a plate in the front behind the front bumper that holds the U-pin. pull that pin and the lowers come right off. upper arms are even easier.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

the metal concepts bearings in the truss are 11x5x4
Old 01-27-2017, 07:49 AM
Tech Initiate

nice glad they went up a size. i may look into this if i ever have any issues with the stock 3rd member. i swapped to boca bearings before i ever ran the truck. i've put a bunch of time on it now, a few trips to the desert running it hard and a couple trips to the track, and still haven't had any issues.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That looks like it would be a good upgrade for the upcoming Rock Rey.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default First bash today.

Had a great time at a small skatepark jumping the rey today. I have bent the top suspension links like most people have. I have ordered the traxxas 5338r pack as some others have fitted them. Does anyone know what hollow balls to use with the 5338's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.