TLR 8IGHT-E 4.0 Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree36Likes

TLR 8IGHT-E 4.0 Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-17-2016, 07:39 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8IGHT-E 4.0 Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the 8IGHT-E 4.0 Wiki

USEFUL LINKS

Overview
Manual
Pictures
Parts

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

[QUOTE=rhodesengr;15346003]

I have an Xerun 4268 SD G2 1900kV. IDK how many turns it is as they don't rate the 4268's that way. I am running the 14T pinion which is the suggested pinion for Outdoor on the setup sheets for the 4.0.

I`m running the same motor go up a tooth for outdoor set up it runs nice and cool no problems , on cool days like 70 degrees and below i run a 16 tooth 14 tooth is a bit under geared for that motor unless you are running in a tight or small track
Old 12-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just picked up one of these kits. I was under the impression it came with fluids in the box. Mine does not seem to have them.

Nevermind. Figured it out.

Last edited by TxLoser; 12-01-2018 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Nevermind.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 241 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhodesengr

I have an Xerun 4268 SD G2 1900kV. IDK how many turns it is as they don't rate the 4268's that way. I am running the 14T pinion which is the suggested pinion for Outdoor on the setup sheets for the 4.0.

But what does the motor have to do with the FDR?
16t for a 1900kv motor will work great on outdoor tracks
Old 12-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just got this kit a couple days ago, and the build is nearly complete. All I've got left to do is to secure/solder the electronics, paint, and glue tires. All went well except one thing. I can't for the life of me get the #25 servo adaptor thing to go over the splines of my servo. It's a savox, so I know I'm using the correct piece. Is there a trick to getting this to fit? I can get it just on top of the splines, but I figured it should slide over the top of them and sit flush on top of the servo.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TxLoser
Just got this kit a couple days ago, and the build is nearly complete. All I've got left to do is to secure/solder the electronics, paint, and glue tires. All went well except one thing. I can't for the life of me get the #25 servo adaptor thing to go over the splines of my servo. It's a savox, so I know I'm using the correct piece. Is there a trick to getting this to fit? I can get it just on top of the splines, but I figured it should slide over the top of them and sit flush on top of the servo.
If it's sitting on the spline then just put the screw in and it'll pull it down. Wait until you have to remove it.....lol.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

There's a bunch of variation in these adapters. I've got a whole bunch of them and on the same Savox servo, some fall right on and others cannot be installed by finger pressure and must be screwed down. IMHO: poor quality control.

You could try buying more and hope they fit more to your liking: https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-me...a99043/p166668
Old 12-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Problem solved. I found a Protec aluminum servo horn in my spare parts stuff. Perfect fit. Easy on easy off.

I'd say some quality control on parts sent with this would be good. I was missing a couple screws. Even got one screw with no threads. This is only my second build. First was Tekno, and I'd say they have the market cornered on well written instructions, and diagrams. Also, no missing screws. That being said, I did like the way this one went together. Just took a little more brain power. Only a little.

My next issue is the ESC. On my Tekno I was able to zip tie it to the plastic mounting plate in case the tape failed. I didn't trust just the double sided stuff. How do you secure your ESC. Just the tape?
Old 12-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

My next issue is the ESC. On my Tekno I was able to zip tie it to the plastic mounting plate in case the tape failed. I didn't trust just the double sided stuff. How do you secure your ESC. Just the tape?
I am anal regarding my ESC mounting.

I drilled and counterunk the chassis so I could mount a Tekno ESC tray on my 8ight and since it was a Tekin RX-8 I used screws to mount it to the Tekno tray with shock O-rings between the ESC and the tray and then Tie-wraps to hold the ESC to the tray in case the screws came loose LOL.

Tekno tray I used is this one: https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-r...r45005/p191294
Old 12-04-2018, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd say some quality control on parts sent with this would be good. I was missing a couple screws.

How do you secure your ESC. Just the tape?
Servo spline: I had this problem when I changed servos in my TEN-SCBE. It was an Expert servo and the Losi 25T servo arm. It was really tight. Way too tight IMHO. It went on better with some MKS servos I had sitting around although still tight. I worked the Losi arm on and off the MKS servo a few times and then it sort of went on the Xpert servo with the screw pull down method. The plastic horns that came with the Xpert servo went on fine but of no use on this buggy. So it seems to be a tolerance stack up between both the servo and the arm. I bought the same servo for my 8ight and the supplied arm went on much easier. So it seems sort of random and may not be entirely Losi's fault.

ESC: I am just using the 3M 411 tape. No problems so far. I have used this tape for years to mount FBL controllers on helicopters and never had one come off or get even the slightest bit loose. Of course these buggies bounce around much more than any flying model.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here's the finished product. Mostly... Need a battery, 15t pinion, and some reaming to losen the steering. Running an XR8 SCT Pro and 1900 hobbywing combo.

TlrLosi210 likes this.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just slapped my esc to the chassis with good old servo tape (Picked up gorilla tape from wall mart) Never have had an issue with it coming loose.
RandyJones likes this.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

The red Servo tape is what I ended up doing. It actually feels really secure. I'll just check it after a few run/crashes .
Old 12-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Are you guys running the shock boots? I've got them on my SCT, and they've gotten a bit torn up. I did build it with the CV boots, but may even remove those.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Are you guys running the shock boots? I've got them on my SCT, and they've gotten a bit torn up. I did build it with the CV boots, but may even remove those.
We always run shock boots and mud guards. Your shock oil will stay cleaner.
TlrLosi210 likes this.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks. I'll put those on before I run it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.