TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt Trimmings
Cub86 posted the question: Hi. I'm struggling to understand the lay down situation. I run on high bite damp smooth clay and think the conversation would help on my surface but from what I'm reading I need to buy the lay down kit tlr338004. And the dirt gear case tlr332063. But do I really need both from what I've read the dirt case is 1-2mm higher anyway and u don't use the +3mm hubs or the front pivot hrc or Hrc mod. So is the dirt lay down kit tlr332063 is all that's needed to get me a lay down set up that's suited for clay With the components and car I already have. And if I only get the dirt case is there any problems that will need to be addressed IE.. bone plunge . I do know I'll need 1mm spacers on the waterfall to clear the battery. Thanks guys really trying to get my head around this.

Franks response:
Laydown Conversion will work great by itself. You run the aluminum +3mm hubs, the diff is +3.5mm, and you run the HRC front setup. Just follow a setup sheet from tlracing.com (Frank Root).

Dirt Tranny has the diff at the same height as the standard tranny case, and works with the standard plastic hubs. Both are +/- 0mm from stock. When you run this, no need to run the HRC front mod either.

I've found the stock laydown conversion parts to work great for most tracks. The dirt tranny is a great tuning option, but definitely not 'required'.

K.King
Something I made, pretty basic. Just to give people an idea.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

box stock 3.0's are keeping up with fully built up b5m's at my local track. they are extremely good out of the box, at least on mid to high grip clay.i have heard great things about astro and carpet too
Old 02-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If and when will the carpet transmission be out? I have a few local tracks running carpet and talks of an outdoor track going astroturf.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

i think frank answered this earlier in the thread, it looks like its still in the prototype stages so far so it may be a while.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

In the meantime, don't hesitate to run it as-is on carpet. Runs great! Plus you can slide the battery forward and even get the HRC kit for the rear if you need more roll resistance and less side bite. I've been running mine with the kit setup (but lowered) on carpet; I have the HRC kit but haven't tried it yet. I think I will next week.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

On Dustin Evens Reedy set up in one article i saw Yokomo green rear springs. Anyone know which Yokomo springs they are?
Old 02-04-2016, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gokarter64
i spy a exotek kickup plate

this looks really nice. are you going to make a couple of them? if not would you be against sharing your files so that others can get their own made up. i have local access to a cnc machine (and hope to get my own someday soon).

plus i would like to modify it for use with my low profile transmission project
You would be correct. The exo kick plate was the first thing I bought for my car. Right off the bat I knew I wanted to use it to make a CF chassis.

The CF sheet I'm going to buy should have enough for 5 chassis so I may have a few extra if anybody is interested.

I took the car out to practice last night with the garolite chassis installed. Despite the garolite being a little heavier and a little flimsier, the car drove just as well as it did with the stock chassis. My only problem was keeping the body attached with the velcro I was using. I need to find a better velcro or a better way to keep the body on the car.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:10 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Is this the stock rear replacement LRC aluminum mount TLR334034? We have had 4 guys snap the rear ones now plus another customer with one that is bent and will be breaking in the near future so the shop is going to stock replacements but want to get the right ones. I don't need the complete set as shown in the manual as we just need the rear LRC. The LRC on the Horizon Fast Serve says -2 degree LRC so not sure if that is the same as the stock rear one or not.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

What does the manual say?
Old 02-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Is this the stock rear replacement LRC aluminum mount TLR334034? We have had 4 guys snap the rear ones now plus another customer with one that is bent and will be breaking in the near future so the shop is going to stock replacements but want to get the right ones. I don't need the complete set as shown in the manual as we just need the rear LRC. The LRC on the Horizon Fast Serve says -2 degree LRC so not sure if that is the same as the stock rear one or not.
TLR234054 is the part you want. they only come in a set. The -2deg is not the stock piece
Old 02-04-2016, 08:32 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Chr1s
TLR234054 is the part you want. they only come in a set. The -2deg is not the stock piece
Figures those are on back order. Guess Tony will have to wait but I will put two on back order so Bumps will have stock. Brian Boyds is bent so he will need one sooner or later. I think Joe has one or two extra so Maybe he is willing to sell one to Tony so he can fix his car.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:44 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I haven't seen any issues with those Can you PM me a photo to take a look?
Old 02-04-2016, 08:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Frank Root
I haven't seen any issues with those Can you PM me a photo to take a look?
Frank when I see Brian this weekend I will take a pic of the bent one and I can get pics of Tony's. Soon as I round them up I will get the pics to you. Other than those few not another part on the car has broken at are track that I remember selling. Just the standard spare parts guys like to buy.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
The CF sheet I'm going to buy should have enough for 5 chassis so I may have a few extra if anybody is interested.
I'm definitely interested in one of those chassis, the CF should be really good on carpet/turf. I may have to make some extra countersinks for my custom trans though.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
You would be correct. The exo kick plate was the first thing I bought for my car. Right off the bat I knew I wanted to use it to make a CF chassis.

I took the car out to practice last night with the garolite chassis installed. Despite the garolite being a little heavier and a little flimsier, the car drove just as well as it did with the stock chassis. My only problem was keeping the body attached with the velcro I was using. I need to find a better velcro or a better way to keep the body on the car.
I'm interest as well, PM me when you have more info. Also, why are there so many mount points at the front for the chassis stiffener? I'd think its sufficient to remove the front one, use the servo mount as one, and then move the next one back just a tad.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBMaster
I'm interest as well, PM me when you have more info. Also, why are there so many mount points at the front for the chassis stiffener? I'd think its sufficient to remove the front one, use the servo mount as one, and then move the next one back just a tad.
The chassis stiffener is actually two pieces, an upper and a lower layer. The servo mounts only rest on the lower stiffener so I needed extra screws in that area to clamp the top stiffener down to the chassis. My original design did not have these screws and had a severe amount of flex as a result. I could probably get rid of one of the screws up front, but I feel more confident in the design having it there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.