Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jason07
It is the EB48.3

I played with the limit screws also, I just can't get the number. Its sitting at about 105 on the front now.
Was the buggy purchased new? I ask because the stock shocks on the 48.3 can easily go well past those Lutz setup numbers with the set screws for droop screwed all the way in.

If you built the kit from new, than you have some kind of build problem with either the set screws in the a-arms or a build problem with the shocks. Take a front and a rear shock off the mounts and measure their length fully extended, you should have something well past the 119.5 and 134.5 that Lutz has on the setup sheet, I do not recall the shock length and not going to remove to find out. If the shocks are not that long than you have a shock package from another kit.

The only other area to check is how you threaded the set screws into the a-arms. See that you have the set screw pulled all the way up giving the most amount of droop, see if anything is obstructing the movement of the a-arms.

Report back..
Old 12-16-2015, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

It is the EB48.3

I played with the limit screws also, I just can't get the number. Its sitting at about 105 on the front now.
Shock length, unless I'm misreading your post, is a static measurement wih no load on the shock. In other words, you don't measure it with the car sitting with weight on wheels. It's not the same as setting shock preload and chassis ride height with your spring shock collars.

Reason I say this is that you mention you tried different springs to get the right shock length. That would indicate to me you were interpreting shock length as preload. I may be way off on this and I don't mean to sound like I'm stating the obvious, just thought this may help you understand better.

Also, if this helps clarify, I measure shock length always with the shocks off the car and after every rebuild or fluid change.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
Anyone have a picture of one of these on corner weight scales ?
This is a pic of my 48.2 that I just upgraded to a .3.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread-smalleb48.jpg  

Last edited by jjl1; 12-16-2015 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

It is the EB48.3

Any pics? Do the arms move freely with no shocks attached? I'm running Joe's setup which I believe has more droop then Lutz's and I'm not having any problems. I measure my shock length with car on a stand, shocks attached and no wheels from eye (middle) of shock tower mounting screw to eye (middle) of arm shock mounting screw. They both have dimples for calipers to kind of set in. I use the droop screws to adjust the shock length.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Shock length, unless I'm misreading your post, is a static measurement wih no load on the shock. In other words, you don't measure it with the car sitting with weight on wheels. It's not the same as setting shock preload and chassis ride height with your spring shock collars.

Reason I say this is that you mention you tried different springs to get the right shock length. That would indicate to me you were interpreting shock length as preload. I may be way off on this and I don't mean to sound like I'm stating the obvious, just thought this may help you understand better.

Also, if this helps clarify, I measure shock length always with the shocks off the car and after every rebuild or fluid change.
I read his post the same way.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

edit: ignore me ....

Last edited by wittyname; 12-16-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
Does anyone have a pic of one of these on scales ? Or know the cross weights ?
3 post up someone posted a pic of a.2 upgraded to a.3
Old 12-16-2015, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Fasttrak
Was the buggy purchased new? I ask because the stock shocks on the 48.3 can easily go well past those Lutz setup numbers with the set screws for droop screwed all the way in.

If you built the kit from new, than you have some kind of build problem with either the set screws in the a-arms or a build problem with the shocks. Take a front and a rear shock off the mounts and measure their length fully extended, you should have something well past the 119.5 and 134.5 that Lutz has on the setup sheet, I do not recall the shock length and not going to remove to find out. If the shocks are not that long than you have a shock package from another kit.

The only other area to check is how you threaded the set screws into the a-arms. See that you have the set screw pulled all the way up giving the most amount of droop, see if anything is obstructing the movement of the a-arms.

Report back..
This was in fact a brand new kit. I just built it last week.

I did in fact screw the droop screws all the way in and I still had no luck. I will get the car out soon and take some measurements with corresponding pictures and see what you all think.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I had a spare set of EB48.2 rear shocks (which are the same as EB48.3 front shocks) and I get 120.5 for length off of the vehicle and fully extended, from center of eyelet to center of eyelet. I screw things in extremely tight (shock cap, eyelet, and cartridge...and I mean take a full size crescent wrench to it and crank on it kind of tight), so if anything mine might be slightly shorter than some others.

One thing I will note though, is that with your mention of 15-20 short I think you may have the EB48.2 shocks (without looking, of course), which are also the same as the SCT410.3 or EB48SL shocks. My front measures to 105 on my EB48.2, but 120 on my EB48.3, as they're sitting on my shelf right now with my setups on them (which both have mostly full droop on the front).

Please measure the shock body length and the shaft length, as those should make it obvious where the issue is.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Ok guys here are the pics. Maybe I did build the shocks wrong?? I guess I don't know how, the shock shafts and bodies are only so long to begin with. It seems as thought the shock shaft is extending all the way out. I'm open to suggestions. I'm stumped.

I have 3 pics (these are the front shocks) I have the same issue with the rear, but at least they're longer than 120 but I can't get them to 134 like I need.

One pic has the collar all the way up

One pic has the collar all the way down

The last pic has the shock extended all the way on the table, it is just a hare past 120mm

Old 12-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

In the first two pictures, it looks like you are measuring the shock length with them loaded. If you put the car on a stand and then measure the shock length, what do you get?
Old 12-16-2015, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by qstorm777
In the first two pictures, it looks like you are measuring the shock length with them loaded. If you put the car on a stand and then measure the shock length, what do you get?
I get about 124. How do I shorten the shocks with the car on a stand? There's no resistance on the collars to regulate the length
Old 12-16-2015, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I get about 124. How do I shorten the shocks with the car on a stand? There's no resistance on the collars to regulate the length
With the droop screws with car still on stand. The arms will eventually start to raise so you can get the shock length you are looking for.

Use the collars to get ride height.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by qstorm777
With the droop screws with car still on stand. The arms will eventually start to raise so you can get the shock length you are looking for.

Use the collars to get ride height.
LOL I'm an idiot!
Old 12-16-2015, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Nah, just not familiar with all the terminology and methods yet. Glad we managed to get it sorted out for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.