Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by werner sline
thank you for the parts number. How come fierce solution is so much cheaper than amain ??
That's a question for amain.

Also check the coupon codes on the site. If you spend over a certain amount, he has a code for free shipping for "most" items. The coupons help a lot.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

what parts from the eb48.2 sre still used on the 48.4?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
what parts from the eb48.2 sre still used on the 48.4?
2->4? Not a whole lot. basically just the hardware. Screws, links, internal diff gears, hinge pins....That's about all I can think of.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
2->4? Not a whole lot. basically just the hardware. Screws, links, internal diff gears, hinge pins....That's about all I can think of.
The entire diffs should exchange but not the ring and pinion, most of the bearings, the front and rear drive shaft. I'm having a hard time thinking of much else
Old 02-06-2017, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suzukipro
Very likely on indoor at least, it just works better for me. To add insult to upgrade injury I just assembled the new C, D hinge pin holders and the rear gearbox won't drop in the recessed chassis area without the C plate hitting the back of the battery tray. The .4 Chassis must also be slightly longer or have things offset compared to the .3 Chassis. My $300.00 upgrade just turned into a $400.00 upgrade due to the need for a new Chassis.

Do Not Upgrade your .3 to a .4, unless of course the kits are out of stock and the parts are readily available...
I stand corrected on the Chassis info above, I assume I'm using an older servo/receiver tray that has the extra material on it possibly even from an EB48. The clearance issue was with the rear screw mount located mount behind the receiver box (not used on .3 or .4 Chassis). The bottom material can be trimmed off leaving enough material for the top receiver cover screw to be secured. . In a nut shell the older chassis should work with the new .4 arms and hinge pins, but the droop screw tabs might wear out pre-maturely due to their narrower width.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Expose193
Do you have a part number on the shorter turnbuckles ?
Part number for Lunsford turnbuckle is 1450. Those are 4x50mm. Stock is 4x56mm. They can only work as steering links. If you plan on getting some for camber too, you'll need 5mm. Length will depend on setup you chose if it needs longer or shorter links. Stock links are 58mm.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
Part number for Lunsford turnbuckle is 1450. Those are 4x50mm. Stock is 4x56mm. They can only work as steering links. If you plan on getting some for camber too, you'll need 5mm. Length will depend on setup you chose if it needs longer or shorter links. Stock links are 58mm.
Roger on that thanks bud
Old 02-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

would swapping out the .4 front and rear diff on the .3 do anything? I know I would have to gear down on the pinion. would there be a performance advantage?
Old 02-12-2017, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tfrankito
would swapping out the .4 front and rear diff on the .3 do anything? I know I would have to gear down on the pinion. would there be a performance advantage?
The claim is that it is more efficient with less rotation of the centerline drive train gaining some battery drive time. While this may be true, you can get similar gearing on the .3 car by going up in pinon size.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So this is a tool question but I have the arrowmax shock shaft pliers which have a plastic insert where it grips the shaft and it doesn't grip very well and the shaft just spins. So I want to get the tekno pliers. I'm assuming a lot of you guys have the tekno pliers. Do those actually grip the shaft and make it easy to install shock ends?
Old 02-18-2017, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
So this is a tool question but I have the arrowmax shock shaft pliers which have a plastic insert where it grips the shaft and it doesn't grip very well and the shaft just spins. So I want to get the tekno pliers. I'm assuming a lot of you guys have the tekno pliers. Do those actually grip the shaft and make it easy to install shock ends?
Yes, they work exactly how you would want them to.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slapjack
great tool!
Old 02-18-2017, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tbuggy
Yes, they work exactly how you would want them to.
Originally Posted by suzukipro
great tool!
Great. Thanks. Ordering them now. I hate this arrowmax one. I love their hex drivers but this shock shaft plier sucks.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No 2 ready for it's first beating.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by barbwire44
That was me and it was not needed, late night build turned me into a temporary idiot and I put the C block on backwards,,,(countersunk holes to wrong side) lol.
So the .4 wider hinge pin holders will work with the .3 chasis and arms then without trimming the battery box?
I was going to update the rear hinge pin holders and the Ackerman plate and bellcrank. Will that settle the car down and give me about the same handling as the .4? And will those parts fit without other modification or parts? Or will the cvds not be long enough if I make the rear end wider (using all other .3 parts) only changing the hinge holders.
Or do I not even really need to change the rear end? Would just changing the steering plate be fine? The other thing I want to know is do I leave all the steering stops/bump stops as is (.3 stock manual locations) or should I change something on those?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.