Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
Welcome to the EB48.3 Wiki

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 3 Step K-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 12 Step I-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Conversion kit

Does tekno sell kit to convert 410.3 to EB 48.3 or superlite only?
Old 09-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RookieRacer00
Does tekno sell kit to convert 410.3 to EB 48.3 or superlite only?
They don't but you could try looking into upgrade kits from fiercerc -

http://www.fiercercsolutions.com/Tek...kit-FRC010.htm

or other upgrade kits from them... and piece together what you need..you are best off buying a used eb48.3 though imo.. since it comes with all the aluminum upgrades you would need to buy.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys, it was fun and the best 1/8th I've ever had but I'm selling it off and racing 1/10 full force. Thanks for everyones help and good luck on your adventures..
Old 09-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by deceit
Nope, just to the SL... The EB48.3 comes with all the aluminum upgrades, so it's worth it to buy the EB imo. You would need a lot to get to the actual EB and not the SL.
Ok thanks. The reason I'm asking is because a friend is selling the SCT and its in really nice shape. I thought it might have been worth my while to buy the 410.3 and convert it over to an EB.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Suspended

They share a ton of parts, but when you build the eb itself you'll see all of the upgrades it comes with.. you can get a used one for $300-330 here easily, probably cheaper.

Did you see the other link I posted for you?
I recommend just getting both. [:
Old 09-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Beginner here... building this as my first kit.

Question... when I'm putting together the front gearbox, it says it should spin freely with no grinding or crunching.

Mine spins "pretty freely" with no binding at all, but there's definitely some grinding sound. No matter how I place the shims there's still some grinding.

Should this be smooth like butter, or is some grinding ok?

Not sure if I need more shims or if I screwed up something else.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Suspended

You'll still hear some grinding cause it's gears meshing together. Just make sure you get grease on them. If it was too tight you would hear a different crunching noise.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

When I build my diffs, I place the diff assembly (no grease on ring gear) in the diff housing half with the pinion. I hold the ring gear in place so it doesn't move and rock the pinion back and forth reshimming until I get just a little tick like meshing a spur gear. Then I make sure I turns freely, grease the ring gear and close up the diff assembly. U will probably want to revisit the shimming and diff oil after running several packs thru it as the gears wear in.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys (deceit, qstorm777) for the advice. I appreciate it. You'll probably be hearing more from me.

I feel like the instructions are very clear if you've built another kit before. But as a beginner there's some things I'm having to learn by watching YouTube and reading everything on here.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:21 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrSome
Thanks guys (deceit, qstorm777) for the advice. I appreciate it. You'll probably be hearing more from me.

I feel like the instructions are very clear if you've built another kit before. But as a beginner there's some things I'm having to learn by watching YouTube and reading everything on here.

Ryan Lutz diff building tips
Old 09-07-2016, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe there is a video of this out there.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Check out Daves channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/justpoet/videos

He has a few video's on tips and trick for building an ET48.3....Which most if not all the tips will cross over.

Ryan lutz & TeknoRC has also released a few tips video's.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Suspended

The link I posted to Ryan's vids should have Tekno's other guides for building shocks, adjusting ride height, camber, etc
Old 09-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Tech Rookie

I did watch some of the ET48.3 videos, but I was completely unaware of the Tekno ones with Lutz. They never came up in my search. I guess because I was looking specifically for EB48.3.

I'll have to check those out now before I go any further.

I already know I didn't use enough grease on the outdrives, so I'll probably end up rebuilding the diff's once I put it all together and make sure all the parts are ok.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:54 PM
Suspended

I hate that they give you such a small tube of grease.. When I was building both my SCT and EB I didn't use much because I couldn't tell how much I had to save for later in the build. I just now bought a huge tub of grease and redid all my diffs and cleaned/regreased the whole car. Never again will I have little grease where its needed lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.