Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rapture 2.0 4x4 SCT by CRP

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

While I am waiting on my new Highest servo to come in I decided to steal my e-buugy servo for tomorrows race as the old Futaba I had in there was floodering .. Watch out Tekno's, Here I come again...
Old 07-18-2015, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bring it on
While I am waiting on my new Highest servo to come in I decided to steal my e-buugy servo for tomorrows race as the old Futaba I had in there was floodering .. Watch out Tekno's, Here I come again...
Ninja tray please,....
Old 07-18-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

It's coming now that I'm a SMC dealer I can get some 1s packs for the ninja trays
Old 07-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Great day of racing yesterday with my Rapture... I took 2nd but by less then a sec and it was suck a great race.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Everyone be sure to go over to https://www.facebook.com/thecasterboys to check out pics of our rides, as well as results and info on Caster vehicles and things going on with Team Caster.

Last edited by Mike Whiskey 76; 07-21-2015 at 02:26 PM. Reason: fixing link
Old 07-29-2015, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey everybody. Its been a while. Just wanted to report back some things from testing/racing.
Our most recent race was on a big bumpy, rocky 1/8th scale track. Chassis on both trucks of course took a beating and are less pretty but just as tough as ever with no mechanical failures on the trucks to report.

On my truck (Rapture 2.0 w Pro 4HD 3500) we found running the new silver spring on the front shocks w 40wt oil while running yellow soft springs on the rear w 30 wt oil really calmed the truck down since this track also seemed to have a lip on the tip of it jumps that tried to buck your rear end. We also ran my truck without a rear sway bar. Ran a 5-7-4 diff setup and it seemed to hookup well when there was traction. My truck ends up being aggressive with a slight calm streak.

On my teamate's truck (Rapture 1.5 w Pro4HD 4300) we ran yellow springs all the way around with 40wt oil front/30wt rear with stock silver sway bars front and rear. Ran a 5-7-5 diff setup with the o-rings in all 3 diffs(not sure why, but it works). His truck is very easy to drive and is way more forgiving when you push too hard.

On both trucks we run the side guards to reduce underbody air and protect our sides from impacts (also makes a dandy place to put decals). We are also beginning to research new bodies for our trucks since our current ones are beginning to get a bit ragged and we want something that flies through the air a bit better while giving a bit more highspeed, straightline stability. Also going to be trying out some T-Bone bumpers on my truck. Not that they are necessary, but I've become a believer from using them on other vehicles I've owned since I'm also a lawn dart expert. They are the ones made for the 1.5 buggy.

Going to try to get official setup sheets done and hopefully figure out how to post them on here later this week(for whatever reason, I can't seem to get pics to post.) Lot's more to come.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mike Whiskey 76
Hey everybody. Its been a while. Just wanted to report back some things from testing/racing.
Our most recent race was on a big bumpy, rocky 1/8th scale track. Chassis on both trucks of course took a beating and are less pretty but just as tough as ever with no mechanical failures on the trucks to report.

On my truck (Rapture 2.0 w Pro 4HD 3500) we found running the new silver spring on the front shocks w 40wt oil while running yellow soft springs on the rear w 30 wt oil really calmed the truck down since this track also seemed to have a lip on the tip of it jumps that tried to buck your rear end. We also ran my truck without a rear sway bar. Ran a 5-7-4 diff setup and it seemed to hookup well when there was traction. My truck ends up being aggressive with a slight calm streak.

On my teamate's truck (Rapture 1.5 w Pro4HD 4300) we ran yellow springs all the way around with 40wt oil front/30wt rear with stock silver sway bars front and rear. Ran a 5-7-5 diff setup with the o-rings in all 3 diffs(not sure why, but it works). His truck is very easy to drive and is way more forgiving when you push too hard.

On both trucks we run the side guards to reduce underbody air and protect our sides from impacts (also makes a dandy place to put decals). We are also beginning to research new bodies for our trucks since our current ones are beginning to get a bit ragged and we want something that flies through the air a bit better while giving a bit more highspeed, straightline stability. Also going to be trying out some T-Bone bumpers on my truck. Not that they are necessary, but I've become a believer from using them on other vehicles I've owned since I'm also a lawn dart expert. They are the ones made for the 1.5 buggy.

Going to try to get official setup sheets done and hopefully figure out how to post them on here later this week(for whatever reason, I can't seem to get pics to post.) Lot's more to come.
sounds good and thanks for the update
Old 07-29-2015, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

I just got in my new ESC for my Rapture. I will post pics when I get it in..
Old 07-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bring it on
I just got in my new ESC for my Rapture. I will post pics when I get it in..
Nice. Is that the model that also sends telemetry to your radio?
Old 07-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mike Whiskey 76
Nice. Is that the model that also sends telemetry to your radio?
yes as well as you can control all your esc setting from the Radio I have a lot to learn about it but I'm excited ...
Old 07-29-2015, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Looks like a nice product from the good folks at Graupner
Old 07-29-2015, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Coppercanyon
Looks like a nice product from the good folks at Graupner
yep, and they are right next to you
Old 07-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Rick, let us know how that Graupner works in the Rapture. It looks like a Mamba. Will it support both sensored and sensor less motors?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

That's a great question I know it is sensored but not sure if it works unsensored I will read up on it soon and answer that
Old 07-29-2015, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How,does this truck compare to the Tekno and New Durango offerings? I currently run the desc410 but she's getting old and it's time to retire it.

Anyone selling their Rapture?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.