Search

Rapture 2.0 4x4 SCT by CRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Talking Rapture 2.0 4x4 SCT by CRP

CRP Rapture 2.0 4x4 SCT
The time has come...are you READY to be elevated to the next level of short course racing? The Rapture 2.0 is the 4x4 short course truck you've been waiting for! The Rapture is the first ROAR legal short course truck based on a 1/8th scale buggy and a 1/10th scale footprint. There is no compromise when it comes to handling, durability, and efficiency. The Rapture 2.0 was designed, engineered and developed in the USA. Every control arm is hand machined in the good old USA...making the fit and function of the parts bar none! With class leading 17mm wheel hex technology, all wheel problems, and axle issues are a thing of the past. The Rapture 2.0's suspension, driveline, and differentials are 20% larger than 1/10th scale competition for maximum durability. The Rapture 2.0 4x4 SCT comes jam packed with pro-race features such as carbon fiber front and rear shock towers, 7075 hard coated chassis, 7075 aluminum top deck, 7075 aluminum servo mount, aluminum toe blocks and a 7075 aluminum battery strap. This 4x4 SCT is based on the Caster Racing EX2.0R Pro 8th scale buggy...so parts are plentiful through Caster Racing dealers and distributors world wide.

SPECS:
Width: 296mm
Wheelbase: 320mm
Motor : 540, 550, and 1/8th Scale Motors (up to 74mm in length)
Shocks: Big Bore Shocks with 3.5mm Shock Shafts
Driveshafts: 6 CVD's included
Drivetrain: 3 Differential Shaft Drive 4WD
CNC Gears: F & R: 43/13 C: 46T
Bearings: Rubber Shielded

Chassis
BRAND NEW 2.0 DESIGN...this 7075 aluminum chassis is 3mm thick, and is hard coated. Machined pockets not only lighten the chassis, but the pockets create just the right flex in the chassis for better traction on loose surfaces. All bottom chassis holes are countersunk. Front kick-up angle provides smoother landings. Angled chassis sides increases chassis torsional stiffness.

Chassis Braces
Composite chassis braces both front and rear, provides a stiff chassis with just the right amount of chassis flex.

Motor Mount
The 7075 and hard coated motor mount places your brushless motor in the ideal position in the truck...the front, giving maximum weight over the front wheels for maximum steering. The heavy duty aircraft quality motor mount is designed to dissipate heat from your motor through the mount and through the chassis for maximum cooling. The nicely designed motor mount is compatible with all 540, 550, and even 1/8th scale buggy sized brushless motors. The space for the motor allows a maximum motor-length of 74mm, which covers all 1/10th and most 1/8th scale motors.

Steering Servo Saver
Bell crank steering with cam-style servo saver. BRAND NEW 2.0 DESIGN... this 7075 aluminum steering link has 3 ackerman adjustments for maximum steering through the entire range of suspension, with less bump steer than the original Rapture.

Suspension Shock Towers
BRAND NEW 2.0 DESIGN...4mm thick CNC cut carbon fiber front and rear shock towers manufactured by Diggity Designs. Brand new front suspension shock points were optimised for longer and more laid down front shocks. The precision CNC shock towers fit composite roll center inserts and offer easy camber link adjustments. The carbon fiber shock towers provide 3 positioning holes for the front shocks, 4 positioning holes for the rear shocks, and 5 camber link holes for the rear camber links. The Shock towers were designed for maximum strength, minimum weight, and feature an awesome carbon fiber look! The carbon fiber shock towers were designed, engineered, tested, and made in the USA!

Shocks
Big bore 1/8th scale shocks. BRAND NEW 2.0 DESIGN...The front shocks are borrowed from the 8th scale F8T Caster Truggy and features Hard coated aluminum threaded shock bodies. Aluminum anodized shock collars. Black coated aluminum screw-on shock tops with a single bleeder hole. Super smooth and leak free seals. Large diameter pistons are held in place by a lock-nut attached to the 3.5mm shock shafts. Included is your choice of 1.2mm hole or 1.3mm hole pistons. Optional shock boots are included to protect the shock shafts from dirt.

Shock Springs
BRAND NEW 2.0 DESIGN...Color coded front and rear medium rate shock springs are included. Chrome plated medium 3.55lb/in rate shock springs for the front, and green medium 3.25lb/in rate for the rear.

Front Suspension Arms
Durable, oversized lower front suspension arms manufactured from strong composite nylon. Arms are 20% larger than typical 10th scale competitors. Conventional 1/8th scale droop screws are easily accessed from the top of the vehicle for quick droop adjustments. The front upper and lower control arms are machined by hand in the USA!!!

Rear Suspension Arms
Durable, oversized lower rear suspension arms manufactured from strong composite nylon. Arms are 20% larger than typical 10th scale competitors. Conventional 1/8th scale droop screws are easily accessed from the top of the vehicle for quick droop adjustments. The rear lower arms are machined by hand in the USA!!!

Rear Camber Links
BRAND NEW 2.0 DESIGN...Offset "nike" rear upper control arm links for maximum suspension droop without wheel rub. The brand new link design also slightly lowers the trucks overall CG for better stability and handling.

Front Hubs
Composite pillow ball suspension hubs for precise steering and infinite adjustment. Oversized steel bullet-proof pillow balls for maximum strength and durability. Forget about flimsy plastic 12mm wheel hubs and weak 12mm hex wheels that competitors offer...1/8th scale technology for short course is here! Largest in class aluminum 17mm wheel hexes with 1/8th scale steel axle stub shafts, for MAXIMUM durability and ZERO wheel hex issues. 17mm is simply better. No more rim/wheels with stripped hexes...tested up to 6S!!! Wheel hexes...go large or go home!

Rear Hubs
Composite rear hubs with 2 upper and 2 lower camber link positions. Aluminum 17mm wheel hexes with 1/8th scale steel axle stub shafts.

Front Sway Bar
The front sway bar consists of a single chrome plated steel 2.3mm bar, which is guided through the diff-case and connected to the front lower control arms through dual steel ball links. Fine adjustments in bar length are made with a steel set screw.

Rear Sway Bar
BRAND NEW 2.0 DESIGN...The rear sway bar consists of a flat black coated steel medium rate 2.4mm bar, which is guided through the diff-case and connected to the rear lower control arms through dual steel ball links. Fine adjustments in bar length are made with a steel set screw. The rear sway bar is manufactured by hand in the USA!!!

Hinge Pins and Ball Ends
Captured ball ends throughout. All steel lower control arm hinge pins are threaded and lock-nutted in place with no e-clips. This increases your chances to finish and win in a long main event.

Differential Diff Cases
BRAND NEW 2.0 Design...Brand new look and tighter tolerances means little to no shimming the diff and pinion gears.

Gear Differentials
3 heavy duty 1/8th scale gear differentials with all metal differential gears. Composite diff case with sealing gaskets and o-rings for use with silicone diff oils. Lightened hardened steel outdrive cups.

Center Spur Gear
46T composite plastic spur gear for smooth, quiet and efficient running.

Wheel CVD Shafts
Front and rear wheel shafts use CVD's. BRAND NEW 2.0 DESIGN...captured CVD design with spare cross pin holes for super easy rebuilds. Durable and light hardened steel shafts with hard steel joints and pins.

Center CVD Shafts
The center driveline is in-line with a zero angle design for maximum durability. BRAND NEW 2.0 DESIGN...Front and rear center shafts use a captured CVD design. Hardened steel shafts and CVD's are both durable and light. Hardened steel CVD joints and pins.

Front Servo Mount
7075 aluminum servo plate provides optimal space for servo mounting.

Battery Tray
A composite, low profile, longitudinally placed battery tray provides protection for a 2S, 3S, or 4S battery pack. The body pinned 7075 and hard coated battery hold down gives easy and fast battery changes. The battery position is ideally placed for a balanced chassis. The battery tray complies with ROAR legal packs/dimensions.

Side Mud Guards
Removable composite plastic side mud guards are lightweight and durable. Easily mounted and removed from the chassis in seconds. These mud guards will keep dirt away from your chassis and electronics.

Bumpers
Front SCT bumper with built-in front skid plate to help smooth out landings and protect the front of the chassis. Rear SCT bumper with mud flap provisions. Mud flaps are not included.

Body Mounts
Composite plastic body mounts are attached to both the front and rear shock towers. Both mounts are fully adjustable, with flip-tops.

Body / Wheels / Tires
One set of black DE Racing 17mm wheels included.
Tires are NOT included. All SCT race tires fit.
Body is NOT included...Most aftermarket SCT bodies fit.

Requires
Radio, ESC, motor, servo, tires, SCT body, battery & charger

MANUAL

SET-UP SHEETS

RAPTURE HOP-UP PARTS:

ZXOP-42 - Two Piece Sliding Motor Mount

ZXOP-35 - Rear Tow Plate - 2 degree

ZXOP-36 - Rear Tow Plate - 3 degree

ZX-0094-0A Sway Bar - Front 2.2mm

ZX-0094-0C Sway Bar - Front 2.4mm

ZX-0095-0A Sway Bar - Rear 2.7mm

ZX-0095-0C Sway Bar - Rear 2.9mm

CR6-001-BK - Closed Cell SCT Tire Foams - Black

CRP-106 - Updated CVD Pins & Barrels

CRP-105 - Pillow Balls

CRP-TRAY - Ninja Shorty Battery Tray

KRIO-0511-PRO Lightweight 7075 T6 Milled Chassis

Last edited by Combat Chuck; 05-25-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Available June 2015 at www.crpplus.com & www.team360rc.com

Price will still be under $400!!!

New 2.0 changes over the original Rapture 1.0:
- BRAND NEW CHASSIS PLATE
- BRAND NEW STEERING LINK
- BRAND NEW FRONT TRUGGY SHOCKS
- BRAND NEW SHOCK SPRINGS
- BRAND NEW FRONT AND REAR C/F SHOCK TOWERS
- BRAND NEW DIFFERENTIAL CASES
- BRAND NEW CAPTURED CVD AXLE STUBS
- BRAND NEW CAPTURED CENTER CVD'S

Last edited by Combat Chuck; 05-25-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

After helping with the original Rapture, I had some time to play with this truck and assist with the setup. It was amazing how the new tweaks helped make this sct even better than before. The new front shocks and tower really made for a more plush feel while still being aggressive. Couldn't be happier with how this truck has come along!
Old 05-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Krio
After helping with the original Rapture, I had some time to play with this truck and assist with the setup. It was amazing how the new tweaks helped make this sct even better than before. The new front shocks and tower really made for a more plush feel while still being aggressive. Couldn't be happier with how this truck has come along!
Thanks Krio! It was a privilege to work on this Rapture truck with you again. I am confident that customers are going to love this truck.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Chris and Chuck,
Thanks for all the help and time you put into this amazing SCT..
Old 05-26-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Combat Chuck
Thanks Krio! It was a privilege to work on this Rapture truck with you again. I am confident that customers are going to love this truck.
I agree
Old 05-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

I just mounted up a practice body for my all new 2.0 Rapture.. I can't wait to finish this beast...
Old 05-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The first Roar legal 8 scale buggy SCT? Are the Tekno SCT410's not Roar legal? How about all the other custom SCT'S using 8 scale buggy chassis's with 10 Scale arms and the such. What makes this SCT Roar legal other than meeting the measurements.

I really like this truck and would be very interested in buying one and provide the Tekno's a run for their money.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCWERKZ
The first Roar legal 8 scale buggy SCT? Are the Tekno SCT410's not Roar legal? How about all the other custom SCT'S using 8 scale buggy chassis's with 10 Scale arms and the such. What makes this SCT Roar legal other than meeting the measurements.

I really like this truck and would be very interested in buying one and provide the Tekno's a run for their money.
RCWERKZ, yep we were the first R/C manufacturer to release a roar legal 8th scale buggy based 4x4 SCT to production...Rapture 1.0 was released 12/12/12! We released the Rapture 1.0 about month before the Tekno!!! What makes it ROAR legal are the measurement specs. We meet ALL the ROAR rules so this truck can be raced in the 10th scale pro4 SCT divisions at major events that follow ROAR rules. Hope this helps!!! Thanks ;-)
Old 06-01-2015, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

nice looking truck!!! their a few thing that i would do different in the layout but as a whole look well done... the thing that would be different in my build would be laydown servo (like on the s10 b) this way you can mount the esc up front. then run it saddle pack (this will make it where you can run the weight more forward or rearward to the needs of the tune). 12mm hubs (it would be nice to run the same wheel as the (SCTE/SCT410/SC10).
now thing i'm not sure about the drivetrain looks heavy. the arm look a little oversized but a lot of the time drive better like that. i never like the idea of pivot ball suspension not saying it does not work well.
still just base on layout look like it will easy keep up with any of the top truck at the track.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

of coarse this is my buggy but CRP and Team360RC offer this battery tray to hold 2 1s packs or 2 2s shorties..
Old 06-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gatorage
nice looking truck!!! their a few thing that i would do different in the layout but as a whole look well done... the thing that would be different in my build would be laydown servo (like on the s10 b) this way you can mount the esc up front. then run it saddle pack (this will make it where you can run the weight more forward or rearward to the needs of the tune). 12mm hubs (it would be nice to run the same wheel as the (SCTE/SCT410/SC10).
now thing i'm not sure about the drivetrain looks heavy. the arm look a little oversized but a lot of the time drive better like that. i never like the idea of pivot ball suspension not saying it does not work well.
still just base on layout look like it will easy keep up with any of the top truck at the track.
I agree 100% with the lay down servo. Been saying it for years but maybe one day. One thing about our arms being beefy is they are not gonna break like all the rest. I've had my rapture for 2 years and and haven't broken one yet.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

The original Caster 1/8 buggies had lay down servos so it should be easy to have done again. Heck I probably have parts to do it for several cars.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Lay down servos are better for CG and make for a convenient place to put the RX or ESC, but they produce more slop at full throw, add mechanical positive exponential, and reduce steering precision. Look at all the top end 8th scales: they are all stand up. That being said, it isn't hard to convert. Might need to add 2 holes to the chassis.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

no i'm talking forward lay down servo so you have more room to put equipment behind it. it could be stand up (like the tekno sct410) but laydown you can mount the receiver on top of it (if no room) and the esc behind. ex of what i'm talking about with servo with added room...
Attached Thumbnails Rapture 2.0 4x4 SCT by CRP-laydown.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.