Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jvcaniggia
Thank you for your message. I will be racing sometimes. How long with the aluminum last with bashing in the dirt/outdoor racetracks vs stainless steel and what is the impact on jumping? thx!
Totally depends on the surface. Hard question to answer. I started a few years back making them out of 2.5mm, I believe, and people didn't like how thick they were, so I made them thinner, now at the 1.4mm I seem to get an overall approval. This does shorten the life span of the aluminum's. The stainless last a long time, probably longer than you will own the vehicle, unless you are running on a super abrasive surface. According to many of my buddy's who are chassis sponsored, they don't like to run them in fear they may change the projectory of the vehicle on take off from a jump. The other reason some can't run them is contract prohibits it. I personally haven't seen this projectory problem happen, but it could be possible, and there will be a slight drag with anything that hangs below the surface of the chassis. Hope this helps!
Here is a pic of the 410.3 with my skids...
Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-410.3.jpg
Old 06-25-2015, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theboss13
Ok so I'm am building my kit today and it is going well....Did yall have an issue with the rear bumper screws being too lonG where the screw through the shock tower?
No ,but u can measure them on the instruction book in the legend if the are longer then the one in the pics then it is but i did not have issuies
Old 06-25-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by honda_stuntboy
Totally depends on the surface. Hard question to answer. I started a few years back making them out of 2.5mm, I believe, and people didn't like how thick they were, so I made them thinner, now at the 1.4mm I seem to get an overall approval. This does shorten the life span of the aluminum's. The stainless last a long time, probably longer than you will own the vehicle, unless you are running on a super abrasive surface. According to many of my buddy's who are chassis sponsored, they don't like to run them in fear they may change the projectory of the vehicle on take off from a jump. The other reason some can't run them is contract prohibits it. I personally haven't seen this projectory problem happen, but it could be possible, and there will be a slight drag with anything that hangs below the surface of the chassis. Hope this helps!
Attachment 1300321
When u put the new skids on can u use the same screws or do u need longer ones ,those skids look sweeeeeeettttt
Old 06-25-2015, 05:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by honda_stuntboy
Attachment 1300321
I see that the front one is attached under the front bars of the bumper how is it doing that?
Old 06-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default wheels

What wheels offset does this truck take, losi, sc10, sc10 4x4? Thanks
Old 06-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AccessRacer
What wheels offset does this truck take, losi, sc10, sc10 4x4? Thanks
Losi scte, zero offset
Old 06-25-2015, 09:00 AM
JAE
Tech Master

Default Tekno SCT as basher - Skid plates

Originally Posted by Aswild
I see that the front one is attached under the front bars of the bumper how is it doing that?
Just purchased the aluminum from Sumo and will let everyone know how they hold up

I have the same question, do the regular screws work and how does the front skid go under the bumper? any advice on setup.

Also looking to get another set for a used SCT410 on ebay. Aswild - is $175-$200 a good deal for a roller?

thx
Old 06-25-2015, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Also looking to get another set for a used SCT410 on ebay. Aswild - is $175-$200 a good deal for a roller?

thx
Good price for a used one...lightly used ones go for a lil more. The chassis tells the story.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Just purchased the aluminum from Sumo and will let everyone know how they hold up

I have the same question, do the regular screws work and how does the front skid go under the bumper? any advice on setup.

thx
The kit is 350 on sale an u have to buyRX,servo,combo, body,does it come with everything an how does the bottom look id say 175 would b a great deal if u need to buy a RX/tx then 100 bucks for that so 275 plus battery an the things that were over looked when sold
Old 06-25-2015, 05:23 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Default RE: Tekno on Ebay

Bottom in normal shape on 1 but seller looks like he took great care of it. $170 for roller plus 8 wheels/tires 50% tread.

There is another sct410 that has been built except for the shocks. Never used. Just the kit almost completed currently for $195 bid...

Just would need motor/esc combo and a reciever. already have the rest... thx for your help! Was thinking of running this one on 3s/4s on a low KV Xerun setup for practicing on the track and bashing...
Old 06-25-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Shock Towers

Would there be any interest in 7075 alum shock towers from M2C racing? I have already bent two of the stock rear shock towers. Just purchased the cf, but I prefer to run alum. If there is enough interest, they would probably make them. Idk if they need to be 4 or 5 mm.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qstorm777
Would there be any interest in 7075 alum shock towers from M2C racing? I have already bent two of the stock rear shock towers. Just purchased the cf, but I prefer to run alum. If there is enough interest, they would probably make them. Idk if they need to be 4 or 5 mm.
Just installed my CF in my tekno sct410.3 look great thickness was 5MM.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Bottom in normal shape on 1 but seller looks like he took great care of it. $170 for roller plus 8 wheels/tires 50% tread.

There is another sct410 that has been built except for the shocks. Never used. Just the kit almost completed currently for $195 bid...

Just would need motor/esc combo and a reciever. already have the rest... thx for your help! Was thinking of running this one on 3s/4s on a low KV Xerun setup for practicing on the track and bashing...
I seen the one for 195 there was 22 bidders ,i went with castle pro sct 3800 kv,
Its cool witht the cumputer app to do all the adjusting i turn that esc way up an it was flying on 2s but i am running 14 tooth pinion i. I should have went hobby wing one from feirce solution for 40 bucks defrence-
Old 06-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by raved007
Just installed my CF in my tekno sct410.3 look great thickness was 5MM.
Did u put the super glue @ the edges?
Old 06-25-2015, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

U should check out that durango on the forum thats a good deal an cool truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.