Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was just looking at some of the filled setup sheets on the Tekno website and I noticed that some drivers are running 15-15-10 diff oils and other guys are running as low as 7-7-5 and 7-5-3. Seems like such a drastic change. I know that everybody has their own driving style but these numbers seem extremely different. I have been running AE 7-7-5 and but I am somewhat new and I still learning. Why are some guys running so thick and others running so thin? same goes for shock oil and springs. some guys run blacks on the rear and other run yellow rear. again, seems like a big change. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruffdog1
I was just looking at some of the filled setup sheets on the Tekno website and I noticed that some drivers are running 15-15-10 diff oils and other guys are running as low as 7-7-5 and 7-5-3. Seems like such a drastic change. I know that everybody has their own driving style but these numbers seem extremely different. I have been running AE 7-7-5 and but I am somewhat new and I still learning. Why are some guys running so thick and others running so thin? same goes for shock oil and springs. some guys run blacks on the rear and other run yellow rear. again, seems like a big change. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!
All depends on the track type and drivers needs/wants. I figured out a while back that I aint Lutz or many of the others, I can't drive his setups for shit! Also depends on what brand oils your using, I made the switch to PTRC and as discussed earlier it does feel lighter then say AE oils so that plays a part as well. Try things/ test things figure out what "you" like, all the good info that is shared here is great and may get you close but no one's "setup" is going to be what you need more than likely. The more you work on your stuff and test things the more you will be able to adapt to changing tracks/layouts/seasons.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan.J
All depends on the track type and drivers needs/wants. I figured out a while back that I aint Lutz or many of the others, I can't drive his setups for shit! Also depends on what brand oils your using, I made the switch to PTRC and as discussed earlier it does feel lighter then say AE oils so that plays a part as well. Try things/ test things figure out what "you" like, all the good info that is shared here is great and may get you close but no one's "setup" is going to be what you need more than likely. The more you work on your stuff and test things the more you will be able to adapt to changing tracks/layouts/seasons.
Bingo! To many people try this racers setup or that guys. Just cause it works for them doesn't mean it will work for you. A lot of those setups need to be driven hard to work well ands 99.9% of us are not capable of driving like those guys. It's a pain sometimes but you gotta keep trying stuff to see what works for you.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfrankito
I'll take a look and post up some pics when I get home. It's didn't handle differently except for the "drag" brake from the shaft rubbing.
B block was on upside down. Put the drive shaft where it's supposed to be and now I have steering. If it handled pretty good wrong I can't wait to run it a gun now lol
Old 02-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tfrankito
B block was on upside down. Put the drive shaft where it's supposed to be and now I have steering. If it handled pretty good wrong I can't wait to run it a gun now lol
LOL! That's awesome!
Old 02-29-2016, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ruffdog1

Thanks in advance!!
Driving style is highly variant, as are track surfaces. That being said, the 7-7-5 or maybe a 10 in the middle on high bite, was pretty much what most ran until recently. Recently many have been experimenting with much higher diff oils because they drive with the car sliding or spinning around corners already. By going up in oil for them, this just makes the car more stable and have more speed. If you would rather try to not break the tires free when going around corners, then the lighter oils as have been used most often are more for you.

I'm a bizarre one, I run 7-7-5 everywhere but have really stiff suspension. Works for me though.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justpoet
I'm a bizarre one, I run 7-7-5 everywhere but have really stiff suspension. Works for me though.
Maybe not as much as you think, I do the exact same thing.
7-7-5 diffs.

I like 40wt front and 35 rear, pink springs all around.
I needed some more I might go with black fronts.
Only on something stupid loose would I consider downing to green or yellow rears.
Truck stays on rails, with awesome pack coming down from a jump.
Seems much easier to maintain powering through rough sections,without aggressive roll going high speed into a turn as well.
Feel a lot like a 8th buggy to me, much much more stable and predictable than my little shock SCTE 2.0
Old 02-29-2016, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
7-7-5 diffs.

Only on something stupid loose would I consider downing to green or yellow rears.
Seems much easier to maintain powering through rough sections,without aggressive roll going high speed into a turn as well.
Feel a lot like a 8th buggy to me, much much more stable and predictable than my little shock SCTE 2.0
How do you compare your Tekno sct410.3 than your SCTE 2.0? I have 410.3 thinking to try different SCT. 4x4
Old 02-29-2016, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by raved007
How do you compare your Tekno sct410.3 than your SCTE 2.0? I have 410.3 thinking to try different SCT. 4x4
Read this> Post #2901
Old 03-01-2016, 06:33 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Josh's 2901 post is spot on, although I was never able to get my Losi to handle in the tight sections as well as my Tekno. There are not too many classes where you can say that one manufacturer is hands down the best and I believe this is one of them. If Tekno started making some other 1/10th vehicles I would be seriously tempted to look at them.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Read this> Post #2901
Thanks Josh wish SCTE 2.0 new version come out soon if the differential leaking issue i am definitely out of that.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by raved007
Thanks Josh wish SCTE 2.0 new version come out soon if the differential leaking issue i am definitely out of that.
No problem. And yes there needs to be a major revision with the SCTE 2.0 to be on par with the 410.3 from the box. The tekno is much easier in my experience to get where you want it to be without needing the cost of the truck in upgrades to fix it. I like my 2.0, but in all honesty if you want to save yourself a headache in learning a chassis and how to tune it right, just go with the Tekno.
If you don't mind spending a lot and spending a load of time learning a new chassis, the losi will suit you fine.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good write up. Do you experience any rear end traction issues with your 410.3? To be more specific, do you feel you have to be more cautious with the 410.3 vs the SCTE 2.0 to prevent the rear end from breaking loose. I have been observing lots of SCTE drivers and I even let one drive mine, and they noticed that they have to go slower around sweeping, lower traction, non banked turns to prevent the rear end from spinning out. I watch some of the SCTE's and they seem like they just pull forward harder in lower traction scenarios vs the Tekno. I have 2 410.3 trucks and I do love them. I'm always playing with set ups and working on my driving style. Just was not sure if you had any thoughts on that.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

7-7-5 diffs.

Thanks for the info Josh L. What brand diff and shock oil do you use? What pistons are you running? I just rebuilt my diffs at 7-5-3 from 7-7-5 because our track is loose and rough. I haven't tested it yet but aren't lighter oils better for rough and loose tracks?
Old 03-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

So if you are a driver that likes to drift around corners, thicker oils help with that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.