Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 450rdawg
A good less expensive option would be the Hobbywing SCT pro esc (about $80 on ebay) and the SMC 4500kv motor ($67 shipped on SMCs website. SMC also has good batteries at a good price. Just stick with a hard pack battery with at least 6000mah and you should be fine. Some tracks run 10 minute mains and you'll use the majority of that 6000. I have the products referred to above so this isn't a suggestion based on regurgitated stuff I've read. It's from experience. Just my $.02.
Great suggestion
I run the SMC battery and they are great. the 7200 mah is around 45 bucks !!
Old 01-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowe's48
Great suggestion
I run the SMC battery and they are great. the 7200 mah is around 45 bucks !!
I run that 4500 in my 410.3, along with the 6500 packs and it's plenty of juice. Gets me through 10 minutes with juice to spare. Had a problem with a cracked case on a pack and Danny at SMC made it right. Great service from my experience.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

A good less expensive option would be the Hobbywing SCT pro esc (about $80 on ebay) and the SMC 4500kv motor ($67 shipped on SMCs website. SMC also has good batteries at a good price. Just stick with a hard pack battery with at least 6000mah and you should be fine. Some tracks run 10 minute mains and you'll use the majority of that 6000. I have the products referred to above so this isn't a suggestion based on regurgitated stuff I've read. It's from experience. Just my $.02.
This 100%
Old 01-02-2016, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Appreciate it guys👍🏼 That's just the info/price I was looking for. I may have to move a little quicker on this. He got spanked today in his race (5th novice). Everybody that beat him had super fast 2/4wd buggies. He was the highest placed Slash. I dont want him to get discouraged. There are not enough Slashs for their own class. So it's kinda had to compete against some of these faster guys turning 2 seconds a lap quicker consistently.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JonnyW
Appreciate it guys👍🏼 That's just the info/price I was looking for. I may have to move a little quicker on this. He got spanked today in his race (5th novice). Everybody that beat him had super fast 2/4wd buggies. He was the highest placed Slash. I dont want him to get discouraged. There are not enough Slashs for their own class. So it's kinda had to compete against some of these faster guys turning 2 seconds a lap quicker consistently.
You are always going to get slaughtered by a buggy 2WD or 4WD on carpet, they are much faster, lighter and agile. I can beat buggies on a bumpy astro track as the SC soaks up the bumps much better but on my local Carpet track I would be at least 1 final lower than driving a buggy.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah that's what I have been telling him. I have been explaining COG and other physics to him. And I showed some of the other cars with the lid off. So he could see how low these things are. I told him he would be much smoother on the bigger outdoor tracks. I'm not a big fan on the indoor carpet scene anyhow. But it was a good way to get him some races under his belt. It seems like it's been raining two months here in the SE. So it's all we got until we dry out.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

extremely good advice! SMC batteries in particular should be the only place you look.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Calling all Brits!

You guys have a ton of experience running the SCt410 on carpet and astro...

What do you like in tires for carpet/ozite?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Tekno SCT battery question

Have a question for anyone...my son runs the Tekno SCT 410 truck in our big block mod class at our local track. The heats are 5 minute qualifiers and sometimes 6 minute mains. Currently he is using the standard full size 2s packs that fit right into the tray. This past weekend we had issues with one of the packs and I need to know if I can use shorty packs in there without issues. I recently grabbed a bunch of the MaxAmps 150c packs and would love for him to be able to use them but I need to know if there is any advice on staying away from doing so.

Thanks...Scott
Old 01-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

As mentioned, the SMC motor is great, on a budget or not. The Hobbywing Xerun 4000 and 4700 motors are also nice, and come as a combo with the SCT Pro. One thing to be wary of is that HobbyWing only provides their warranty when purchased from in country authorized resellers. So if you buy from ebay and it comes from overseas, don't expect warranty work if something goes wrong. Most local hobby shops can order the HW stuff as well even if they don't stock it, or you can get it direct from falconsekido.com which is the official HobbyWing North America direct distributor.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been getting much faster with this .3 model. its really very capable sc,the positives being all metal parts have very good long term wear.I just think its really cheesy to not include metal king pin holders,shock caps,diff pins,carbon towers. these plastic king pin holders are a egg shell joke,the A block snaps everytime a front wheel touches the pipe at all. Its actually muchhhh more expensive than the losi scte after you buy what comes in the scte kit stock and should have been included in the 410.3 couple hundred bucks extra for stock parts to be durable is pathetic imho
Old 01-05-2016, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scraff33
Have a question for anyone...my son runs the Tekno SCT 410 truck in our big block mod class at our local track. The heats are 5 minute qualifiers and sometimes 6 minute mains. Currently he is using the standard full size 2s packs that fit right into the tray. This past weekend we had issues with one of the packs and I need to know if I can use shorty packs in there without issues. I recently grabbed a bunch of the MaxAmps 150c packs and would love for him to be able to use them but I need to know if there is any advice on staying away from doing so.

Thanks...Scott
It could be a problem if the capacity of the battery is not enough for 5 min run. What is the capacity of the battery that fits right into the tray. You can find shorter packs that is easier to remove from tray but also handle 6 mins run (7200 mah vs 6000mah). What is the motor on sct. Some motors use more juice.
Btw, a bunch of maxamps batteries means dozens of smc batteries and you would get nothing less in terms of price and reliability.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:49 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
I have been getting much faster with this .3 model. its really very capable sc,the positives being all metal parts have very good long term wear.I just think its really cheesy to not include metal king pin holders,shock caps,diff pins,carbon towers. these plastic king pin holders are a egg shell joke,the A block snaps everytime a front wheel touches the pipe at all. Its actually muchhhh more expensive than the losi scte after you buy what comes in the scte kit stock and should have been included in the 410.3 couple hundred bucks extra for stock parts to be durable is pathetic imho
I've owned both trucks and there is no comparison in reliability if you replace the A block. I've been running the stock shock caps and towers with no issues on two trucks for months. A plastic hinge A block is kind of lame but the rest of it certainly isn't necessary to beat the tar out of a Losi and still be running the same axles and rod ends well after the Losi is on to it's third set. Not being a fan boy here....but there really is no comparison between the two trucks. Then again, I prefer the original SCT410 to the 410.3....
Old 01-05-2016, 07:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
I'm almost with you on this. First off, for Tekno to build a truck this beastly and leave that crap on the front A block in the kit is just an insult. LOL Everyone at our track is breaking them left and right...until you plop another $24 bucks down for the aluminum. Lose a hinge pin in the process....grab another $10. LOL

The kit, plus pink springs (most of us at our track are running), aluminum A block, metal diff cross pins, and some shock parts are the minimum to get this kit off the ground for race day. Next thing you know you are out a minimum of $400 even if you get a screaming deal.

That being said, it's worth every penny thus far! HA!
Old 01-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone actually had a composite diff cross pin fail yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.