Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just got this truck.what is the best front spring setup for running as a e light? The stock green springs are so long I cant get the front low enough,Stock pistons and oil setup. I tried green losi fronts,they are just a bit shorter and stiffer than the green tekno,will this work well?
Whats the best setup for a indoor track with alot of very tight hair pins,high bite pretty smooth clay,50 ft straightaway.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anybody know if the front and rear diffs on the 410.3 are the same as eb48.3?
Old 11-15-2015, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ulch
Not exactly.. the .3 sct uses the plastic cross pins but other than that pretty sure it's a match. (ya as noted by Matt, outputs are different)

Last edited by 8ight-e; 11-16-2015 at 03:56 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Diff outputs are smaller on the SC/SL than the full weight. Also the SC/SL come with plastic cross pins.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ulch
Answered by the others, but I'll expound upon it.

All of the Tekno vehicles share the same diff cup and internal diff gears.
All electrics share the same spur gears.
All electrics besides the truggy also share all the ring gears.
SC and SL share outdrives and the 8th scales all share a different outdrive.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
just got this truck.what is the best front spring setup for running as a e light? The stock green springs are so long I cant get the front low enough,Stock pistons and oil setup. I tried green losi fronts,they are just a bit shorter and stiffer than the green tekno,will this work well?
Whats the best setup for a indoor track with alot of very tight hair pins,high bite pretty smooth clay,50 ft straightaway.
anyone have any ideas on this,what shock setup works best on this kinda track layout
Old 11-16-2015, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

anyone have any ideas on this,what shock setup works best on this kinda track layout
Change your droop, this will lock down the arm to where you want it to stop for travel. (103-105 range is usually good) use some calipers to measure top screw to bottom screw.

I'd go w/ a 6 hole piston 1.5, seems to be the most liked. 40wt front, 35wt rear
Old 11-16-2015, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Seems like there was a setup on Tekno website for the type of track you are talking about...Shaun Brown or Daniel Lewis setup...maybe. Maybe one of those would be a good starting point.

http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-content/uploads/setup_sheets/SCT410.3/
Old 11-16-2015, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan.J
Played with the built in steering stops today at the track, try'd 2-3 and 4 washers, 4 worked best for me. Really calmed down the twitchyness of the truck and simply made it easier to drive and more predictable. I'm running on a fairly large indoor with medium to high grip. For you guys that haven't try'd it do yourself a favor and give it a go, its easy to play with and makes a big difference. Going to do it on my Eb48SL as well.

Thanks for the tips on the shocks,the droop is a bit more than that on the current setup,where do you like to run the shocks on the towers and arms with this droop?
I dont see how these function as a steering stop, maybe this one isnt installed right,but the wheels seem to have a inconsistent stopping point when set with the radio steering end points? at full steering the inside wheel in the turn has to much slop in it,I cant get it to hold tight?

Last edited by ResultsRC; 11-16-2015 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I dont see how these function as a steering stop, maybe this one isnt installed right,but the wheels seem to have a inconsistent stopping point when set with the radio steering end points? at full steering the inside wheel in the turn has to much slop in it,I cant get it to hold tight?
Put a screw in the hole on the inside of the steering block and space it with washers if necessary, I run mine without washers just screwed out the same on each side to keep the inside steering stop consistent.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qstorm777
Seems like there was a setup on Tekno website for the type of track you are talking about...Shaun Brown or Daniel Lewis setup...maybe. Maybe one of those would be a good starting point.

http://www.teknorc.com/tekno5/wp-con...eets/SCT410.3/
I'm currently running the high bite (Shawn Brown) setup off the website and it's works great.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi
Put a screw in the hole on the inside of the steering block and space it with washers if necessary, I run mine without washers just screwed out the same on each side to keep the inside steering stop consistent.
can you post a pic of this? i dont see a spot where it would work well and still give alot of steering,I dont see how the bump steer washers do anything either,all the washers are on the back side of the bolt,doesnt looks like it does anything to me,can someone explain this setup also. Im coming from losi sct,first tekno ive raced,so far i really like it,just dont have everything dialed in yet.at our track their has a been alot of losi guys jumping ship with this .3 model,nothing like ive ever seen happen
Old 11-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

can you post a pic of this? i dont see a spot where it would work well and still give alot of steering,I dont see how the bump steer washers do anything either,all the washers are on the back side of the bolt,doesnt looks like it does anything to me,can someone explain this setup also. Im coming from losi sct,first tekno ive raced,so far i really like it,just dont have everything dialed in yet.at our track their has a been alot of losi guys jumping ship with this .3 model,nothing like ive ever seen happen
Put washers under the small button head screw inside the steering arm.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-20151117_172818.jpg  
Old 11-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
Great pic for showing where to add the washers, I'm going to add it to the first post.
Also, we pretty much run 4 washers at every track we go to, we've run up to 6.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcgod
I couldn't figure where it was you were talking about until you posted the pic. I looked in the manual and it says nothing about these screws, not to put them in and they're not on the parts list of screws. I did however write a note on the page that I had 2 extra 6mm button head screws. I am assuming they are the ones to use? Is it necessary to use washers or can I just back them out an equal amount of turns?

Last edited by theo551; 11-17-2015 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Added a question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.