Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Cactus Classic Race Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
That stock buggy A-Main was awesome though. A bunch of guys acting like 13 year old girls getting their butts kicked by one.
best post ever.....haha
Old 03-17-2015, 07:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monty c
how do you cheat in mod?
You break the rules.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
You break the rules.
what are the rules in mod? is anyone tweaking thier motors? doesnt matter its open motor, are you hammering your batteries for that extra punch to do the double/triple? dont have to, the motor makes up for it.

about the only thing they could get busted for in mod is saucing the tires if it was a no sauce race. other than that isnt mod classes fair game?
Old 03-17-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monty c
how do you cheat in mod?
Tire sauce, and or under weight.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Sauce, underweight, wheelbase dimensions.

There were accusations of saucing.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Cheating.... besides the obviously announced rule about tire sauce, what rules package did they run under and what did they tech for (under those rules)?

Most would just assume they would follow ROAR rules, like most tracks do unless they say otherwise or list exemptions to the ROAR rules.

Sorry if they posted a rules package and I didn't see it.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Needed or not battery "juicing" and/or being over voltage is illegal at ROAR events including Mod.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I don't think an actual rules package was ever publicly posted. I asked for weeks before I was finally told roar rules for motors, and they followed it up by not teching motors at all...or so I'm told.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Socket
I don't think an actual rules package was ever publicly posted. I asked for weeks before I was finally told roar rules for motors, and they followed it up by not teching motors at all...or so I'm told.
Personally that's upsetting to me, if that's actually the case.

Bigger races..more rules, more tech. People spend too much time and money to show up to a "free for all"

Again, if that's what happened.

IMO, the Cactus is an event that people would consider "National" level even if it's not any type of ROAR or IFMAR qualifying event. I've run National level races, be it not R/C, but people paying hard earned money expect a certain level of professionalism at an event this big. That means hard fast rules along with the officials and tech to enforce them. If I showed up at a race like this and no one was even weighing cars, I would be PISSED! Did they even weigh cars and trucks? If it's true they didn't have set rules I guess it doesn't matter...?
Old 03-17-2015, 02:55 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They checked weight, width and battery voltage every time. Spec classes got checked for blinky lights. Top three motors in 17.5t a mains were torn down.
I agree tech was lax but they did do some teching every time. I wish they would have started Tech during practice as they might have cut down on some of the things that happened later. I will say they had their hands full trying to keep the track from drying out. The guys who were working on the track had to be exhausted after the race. They deserve a huge thank you from all the participates.

I really hope the misters happen for the Nats because there is no way they will be able to keep the track from drying out in August if there are that many people again.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
They checked weight, width and battery voltage every time. Spec classes got checked for blinky lights. Top three motors in 17.5t a mains were torn down.
I agree tech was lax but they did do some teching every time. I wish they would have started Tech during practice as they might have cut down on some of the things that happened later. I will say they had their hands full trying to keep the track from drying out. The guys who were working on the track had to be exhausted after the race. They deserve a huge thank you from all the participates.

I really hope the misters happen for the Nats because there is no way they will be able to keep the track from drying out in August if there are that many people again.
Thank you for posting Sean. Helps keep things informative vs. rumor based causing a bunch of flame posts.

Key word in MY post was "IF".

Round of applause please for AE/Reedy's Sean Cochran. Always a helpful guy in the pits if you get the chance to meet him (whether you run Reedy or not)