Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2015 Cactus Classic Race Thread >

2015 Cactus Classic Race Thread

2015 Cactus Classic Race Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default 2015 Cactus Classic Race Thread

So far, all I have seen is that Pro-Line has a free upgrade on liverc.com for those wanting to watch it online. Post any pictures or information you may have here (please).
Old 03-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

http://www.liverc.com/photos/albums/...actus_Classic/
Old 03-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Its also the one event you can chromecast to your tv.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

The youtube feed works best as far as putting it on your tv.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

youtube feed is perfect
Old 03-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sounds like the butt hurt runs deep as far as tech, or lack thereof. Lots of talk about cheating running rampant.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:47 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Because the only thing they're teching is battery voltage and temp. Several people have been caught over voltage...so then people would tech, then hot swap (pun intended) a pack in...so now they're impounding teched cars I was told.

Edit: I was told (I could be wrong) they don't have an inductance meter, so stators can't be teched..and they haven't torn down any motors.

I personally don't think any of the top guys are cheating, but when you don't even have the tools to check, it's pretty enticing.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
Sounds like the butt hurt runs deep as far as tech, or lack thereof. Lots of talk about cheating running rampant.
That only hurts the event IMO. This facility and race doesn't need any more "bad press" than it's already gotten. You would think they would take that as a sign to do better with the other aspects of the race (aka tech)

Originally Posted by Socket
Because the only thing they're teching is battery voltage and temp. Several people have been caught over voltage...so then people would tech, then hot swap (pun intended) a pack in...so now they're impounding teched cars I was told.

Edit: I was told (I could be wrong) they don't have an inductance meter, so stators can't be teched..and they haven't torn down any motors.

I personally don't think any of the top guys are cheating, but when you don't even have the tools to check, it's pretty enticing.
Sadly I think this type of no tech thing leaves the door open to issues, where it hurts the most, the club level. Teching is not hard its simply needs to be done. People are more likely to race if they know things are being check and are fair vs. thinking "to run this class I need to learn how to cheat so I can be competitive".

Outside of a a TRUE sportsman/novice class I think teching is a good thing and it benefits the races and the tracks.

IMO
Old 03-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
That only hurts the event IMO. This facility and race doesn't need any more "bad press" than it's already gotten. You would think they would take that as a sign to do better with the other aspects of the race (aka tech)

Sadly I think this type of no tech thing leaves the door open to issues, where it hurts the most, the club level. Teching is not hard its simply needs to be done. People are more likely to race if they know things are being check and are fair vs. thinking "to run this class I need to learn how to cheat so I can be competitive".

Outside of a a TRUE sportsman/novice class I think teching is a good thing and it benefits the races and the tracks.

IMO
Agreed.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

tire gate.....anybody notice man's picked up half a second on fast lap in truck and lived in the 19's in the 4th round.....hmmmm
Old 03-15-2015, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

what tyres is Tebo running on his short course seeing AKA aren't doing a SC slick ?
Old 03-15-2015, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwi_tim
what tyres is Tebo running on his short course seeing AKA aren't doing a SC slick ?
Probably a buffed typo. Sometimes a hand made slick is better than a manufactured one.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

He posted a pic on FB showing Joe Pillars sanding some down. Not sure what they started with.

https://www.facebook.com/jtprc/photo...341510/?type=1
Old 03-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812

IMO
I agree.

I personally would be pretty upset if I went to a race of this caliber and was racing stock and no tech was happening (or very limited). Travel that far just to wonder if people in your class are cheating. It should be a non-issue, especially when you are paying that much for a single entry. What is the point of including the stock class if no one is sure that everyone is running stock? It takes away the validity from the winner.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hollywood3705
tire gate.....anybody notice man's picked up half a second on fast lap in truck and lived in the 19's in the 4th round.....hmmmm
Do they have tire sniffers in tech?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.