R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   2015 Cactus Classic Race Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/867243-2015-cactus-classic-race-thread.html)

gticlay 03-12-2015 07:29 PM

2015 Cactus Classic Race Thread

So far, all I have seen is that Pro-Line has a free upgrade on liverc.com for those wanting to watch it online. Post any pictures or information you may have here (please).

Logi Maker 03-12-2015 09:21 PM

http://www.liverc.com/photos/albums/...actus_Classic/

Mason 03-12-2015 10:27 PM

Its also the one event you can chromecast to your tv.

Mason 03-13-2015 11:58 AM

The youtube feed works best as far as putting it on your tv.

cripplethreat 03-13-2015 04:19 PM

youtube feed is perfect

MX304 03-13-2015 10:26 PM

Sounds like the butt hurt runs deep as far as tech, or lack thereof. Lots of talk about cheating running rampant.

Socket 03-13-2015 11:47 PM

Because the only thing they're teching is battery voltage and temp. Several people have been caught over voltage...so then people would tech, then hot swap (pun intended) a pack in...so now they're impounding teched cars I was told.

Edit: I was told (I could be wrong) they don't have an inductance meter, so stators can't be teched..and they haven't torn down any motors.

I personally don't think any of the top guys are cheating, but when you don't even have the tools to check, it's pretty enticing.

racer1812 03-14-2015 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by MX304 (Post 13904302)
Sounds like the butt hurt runs deep as far as tech, or lack thereof. Lots of talk about cheating running rampant.

That only hurts the event IMO. This facility and race doesn't need any more "bad press" than it's already gotten. You would think they would take that as a sign to do better with the other aspects of the race (aka tech)

Originally Posted by Socket (Post 13904338)
Because the only thing they're teching is battery voltage and temp. Several people have been caught over voltage...so then people would tech, then hot swap (pun intended) a pack in...so now they're impounding teched cars I was told.

Edit: I was told (I could be wrong) they don't have an inductance meter, so stators can't be teched..and they haven't torn down any motors.

I personally don't think any of the top guys are cheating, but when you don't even have the tools to check, it's pretty enticing.

Sadly I think this type of no tech thing leaves the door open to issues, where it hurts the most, the club level. Teching is not hard its simply needs to be done. People are more likely to race if they know things are being check and are fair vs. thinking "to run this class I need to learn how to cheat so I can be competitive".

Outside of a a TRUE sportsman/novice class I think teching is a good thing and it benefits the races and the tracks.

IMO

gticlay 03-14-2015 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 13904917)
That only hurts the event IMO. This facility and race doesn't need any more "bad press" than it's already gotten. You would think they would take that as a sign to do better with the other aspects of the race (aka tech)

Sadly I think this type of no tech thing leaves the door open to issues, where it hurts the most, the club level. Teching is not hard its simply needs to be done. People are more likely to race if they know things are being check and are fair vs. thinking "to run this class I need to learn how to cheat so I can be competitive".

Outside of a a TRUE sportsman/novice class I think teching is a good thing and it benefits the races and the tracks.

IMO

Agreed.

hollywood3705 03-14-2015 08:42 PM

tire gate.....anybody notice man's picked up half a second on fast lap in truck and lived in the 19's in the 4th round.....hmmmm

kiwi_tim 03-15-2015 12:13 AM

what tyres is Tebo running on his short course seeing AKA aren't doing a SC slick ?

Skeeter36 03-15-2015 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by kiwi_tim (Post 13905756)
what tyres is Tebo running on his short course seeing AKA aren't doing a SC slick ?

Probably a buffed typo. Sometimes a hand made slick is better than a manufactured one.

CCristo 03-15-2015 05:11 AM

He posted a pic on FB showing Joe Pillars sanding some down. Not sure what they started with.

https://www.facebook.com/jtprc/photo...341510/?type=1

Hacksback 03-15-2015 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 13904917)

IMO

I agree.

I personally would be pretty upset if I went to a race of this caliber and was racing stock and no tech was happening (or very limited). Travel that far just to wonder if people in your class are cheating. It should be a non-issue, especially when you are paying that much for a single entry. What is the point of including the stock class if no one is sure that everyone is running stock? It takes away the validity from the winner.

Eric Tomczyk 03-15-2015 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by hollywood3705 (Post 13905570)
tire gate.....anybody notice man's picked up half a second on fast lap in truck and lived in the 19's in the 4th round.....hmmmm

Do they have tire sniffers in tech? :lol: