Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.ttechracing.com/

$575....amazing looking though.....
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

TTech released a new car this year called the X10 (I think..) Looks very slick but it's missing some of the adjustments that most cars have (camber link length and height).
Tech Addict

Like Brit said, this car drives on rails. On top of that, the suspension is nothing short of amazing. I personally have not seen a pred x10 run at my local track, but I've seen them.

I think a better comparison would be to the current world champ, BJ4. There are two BJ4s piloted by a couple of JConcepts factory drivers at my local track. They are amazing drivers and certainly represent Jconcepts and the BJ4 well. I'm just your average unsponsored racer and I can frequently run the same fast laps they do. In fact, their fastest lap is not faster than mine with the ZX-5!

Now, they always beat me since they are much more consistent drivers than I, but that shows the Kyosho is a very capable car in the right set of hands.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Does T Tech field a competitive car?

I haven't seen one at a U.S. track in about 10 years or so?

Cool, the more diversity the better it is for the class. It would be nice to see in 2w also, since right now it's only 2 brands, ho-hum.

...Jim

I also can't wait for SOMEONE to give a little heat to AE and Losi.... ahem, kyosho...cough, cough.... release that 2wd quick! ahem...cough, cough.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default another order

Kits and parts are all in for those that want them. Carbon fiber parts will aaaaarrive soon. Hey Nick !!!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hardadz
Kits and parts are all in for those that want them. Carbon fiber parts will aaaaarrive soon. Hey Nick !!!!!
I'm getting a "connection terminated" when I try and connect to your online store...
Old 12-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same here.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Does T Tech field a competitive car?

I haven't seen one at a U.S. track in about 10 years or so?

Cool, the more diversity the better it is for the class. It would be nice to see in 2w also, since right now it's only 2 brands, ho-hum.

...Jim
Yup, they're fielding this car, the Predator X10

http://www.ttechracing.com/newx10.html
Old 12-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Website

Sorry about the trouble with getting on the site. The problem started last night about this time and they still do not have the issue resolved. It is on the servers end and they claim it will be back in service tonight. Yeah, right !!!! I am sorry but I will NOT reccomend IX Webhosting to anyone, the service sucks !!!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BritRacer
I have the shock towers and top deck, they came to $80 which wasn't so bad...would really love the chassis....about 8 guys at my track just bought lazers, and I would love to be different....these are truely great quality pieces.

I would get one if i raced this car every week, but it is not getting enough use during on-road season to justify it....

Would there be any price reduction for a bulk buy?
Britracer, if i can get orders for a minimum of 10 chassis's, then yes i can do something on the price, drop me a email and i will see what i can sort out for you.

Key > The chassis does not come with any lexan cover, but AE does sell sheets of plastic which are sticky on one side, which would be ideal.

Btw the ZX5 kit costs $430 here so you can see why things are expensive from the uk

Last edited by Atomic-Carbon; 12-02-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can someone please indicate the order and/or the spring rates on the Kyosho shocks? I cannot find this information online.

I *think* the kit comes with silver #70. Logic would dictate that #80 is a stiffer spring, but is that in fact the case?

Thank you my fellow Kyoshoites.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

captain America, wow, that is a nasty lookin' 4wd car!

I'm wondering about the batteries in the front for U.S. tracks, but i'm sure they are awesome on grass and may even work here as well.

hhhmmm, Jim
Old 12-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laterilus
Also, for those of you that don't want to buy the expensive Kyosho springs, I noticed one of my friends last weekend using Losi springs on his buggy. Looked like a direct fit with no mods. I run Losi buggies and trucks so I'll check them tonight when I get home to make sure they fit with no mods. Losi springs are nice and cheap at only 2.50$ a set.
So do Losi springs fit?

I got my ZX5 finished last night. Will try it out tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rysuleod
Can someone please indicate the order and/or the spring rates on the Kyosho shocks? I cannot find this information online.

I *think* the kit comes with silver #70. Logic would dictate that #80 is a stiffer spring, but is that in fact the case?

Thank you my fellow Kyoshoites.
I'm sorry I can't be the exact help you need, but I am also assuming the same thing you are.

I am using the speedtechrc.com's store to track the spring rates. They have the colors, size, and rate of each spring listed in the store. I just copied the info down and printed it out for my pitbox.

I HOPE that kyosho gets some racing support up on their site soon, so we can get this straight from the source.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I ran the ZX-5 for the first time today. Overall, I was impressed with how it handled. This car corners and jumps very well. It's a blast to drive.

I did break a few parts, but only when I hit other cars that were dead on the track and at fairly high speed. The small bulkhead brace that holds the front shocktower to the gearbox seemed to be the weak point for me (broke twice), though like I said when I broke it was unusual crashes. I also tumbled it around a few times (for stress test purposes only ) and it held up very well. No problems with the front brace.

The track was hard packed with a loose layer of dust today. Because of that and since I was still getting used to the car, I only ran a 19t. I ran a 24t pinion and it seemed to have plenty of speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.