Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kbish76
I've run my yok for two club races now and I'm getting slower... Started with Synlist neutral setup and made small changes trying to be smoother. I run a med size track 60ft straight, with tight lanes. It's dirt, with wet to dry and gets dusty rather quickly for I'm in the dessert. Running 27r/30f oil and kyosho whites f/r. Added 3mm on rear hubs, 1deg camber f/r. Battery full back, and running same tires as the fast guys. I have added the yok 25gram weights and now thinking of adding more under the gear. Any suggestions would be great as I'm alone in a sea of B5m's.
I might be wrong but over here we are running on dirt also.. Brass weight for the FF/FR is a good tuning tool to get more traction for the rear, maybe you can try to toe in more?.. We are running 3.5-4 degrees rear toe in for super loose dirt traction and the car seem more stable..
Do give it a try..no harm done ya??..
Cheers!!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by Trident69
I might be wrong but over here we are running on dirt also.. Brass weight for the FF/FR is a good tuning tool to get more traction for the rear, maybe you can try to toe in more?.. We are running 3.5-4 degrees rear toe in for super loose dirt traction and the car seem more stable..
Do give it a try..no harm done ya??..
Cheers!!
I'm willing to give it a try. However can't seem to find those parts, here on the states. Could you send me a link to it or possibly the item number? Thanks a ton.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

You can get the brass holders from rocket rc. Super guy great products. Just search facebook for rocket rc. Or you can get them from yokomo europe
Old 05-10-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've run my yok for two club races now and I'm getting slower... Started with Synlist neutral setup and made small changes trying to be smoother. I run a med size track 60ft straight, with tight lanes. It's dirt, with wet to dry and gets dusty rather quickly for I'm in the dessert. Running 27r/30f oil and kyosho whites f/r. Added 3mm on rear hubs, 1deg camber f/r. Battery full back, and running same tires as the fast guys. I have added the yok 25gram weights and now thinking of adding more under the gear. Any suggestions would be great as I'm alone in a sea of B5m's.
Getting slower meaning what??? Going off what you posted I assume you are looking for more rear traction. If this is the case change your rear spring from Kyosho white to Kyosho pink. Is the car not carrying speed through the corners for you or is forward bite lacking? I'm sure we can get you where you need to be with a change or two. Also....are you running a gear diff or ball diff? This makes a huge difference on loose surfaces IMO.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry if this has been discussed like a dead horse but what are you guys doing to get rid of the flat land bounce? Are you guys running machined pistons to get more pack? (And if so what size to purchase) My phone won't allow me to search the thread so again sorry for the question
Old 05-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

A tip on using the search function on the forums on your phone, tap search then tap advanced search then you should be able to use the search function. If you try to tap in the search box to type in what your looking for the box dissappears, if you tap advanced search it will take you to another screen that will let you search. Works for me so hopefully it works for you.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joeymdz
Sorry if this has been discussed like a dead horse but what are you guys doing to get rid of the flat land bounce? Are you guys running machined pistons to get more pack? (And if so what size to purchase) My phone won't allow me to search the thread so again sorry for the question
Missing the landing transition? One thing is to time the landing and getting back on the throttle soon as it lands. Or hit the break iin the air and hit the landing transition. Bouncing means the car is not maintaining its forward momentum when it lands.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jake alton
Missing the landing transition? One thing is to time the landing and getting back on the throttle soon as it lands. Or hit the break iin the air and hit the landing transition. Bouncing means the car is not maintaining its forward momentum when it lands.
We run the same track, for better or worse, there will be flat landings (and he's the track layout designer/jump builder... )

Joey - You need the machined pistons. If you can't go back a page on your phone, my setup for our track in on PetitRC now as well. As mentioned above, you also want to land kinda slightly on-power; there's no belt to wear out by doing that on this car.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
We run the same track, for better or worse, there will be flat landings (and he's the track layout designer/jump builder... )

Joey - You need the machined pistons. If you can't go back a page on your phone, my setup for our track in on PetitRC now as well. As mentioned above, you also want to land kinda slightly on-power; there's no belt to wear out by doing that on this car.
Hey ryan Thank you for the "advanced search" advice... got it now.

Machined pistons got it. I'll talk more about it on Tuesday.

And that's why I have designed the new jumps for the track. I'll have the new one ready for our next race.

Are you shocked I switched cars mark?
Old 05-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey ryan Thank you for the "advanced search" advice... got it now.

Machined pistons got it. I'll talk more about it on Tuesday.

And that's why I have designed the new jumps for the track. I'll have the new one ready for our next race.

The world is shocked that someone tore you away from your beloved shumachers.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Getting slower meaning what??? Going off what you posted I assume you are looking for more rear traction. If this is the case change your rear spring from Kyosho white to Kyosho pink. Is the car not carrying speed through the corners for you or is forward bite lacking? I'm sure we can get you where you need to be with a change or two. Also....are you running a gear diff or ball diff? This makes a huge difference on loose surfaces IMO.
Thanks for replying back guys, I did change to Kyosho pinks in the rear and moved the bottom shock inward as well. I installed the ball diff. I'm looking for more forward bite. There's only about two or three others at my local track that run the yoks and from what I've seen they all are adding (and not kidding) 100 + grams to the car.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If anyone is interested Im selling my YZ. Just will not work with my driving style. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...mo-yz-2-a.html
Old 05-10-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for replying back guys, I did change to Kyosho pinks in the rear and moved the bottom shock inward as well. I installed the ball diff. I'm looking for more forward bite. There's only about two or three others at my local track that run the yoks and from what I've seen they all are adding (and not kidding) 100 + grams to the car.
Moving the shock to the rear of the arm should help with forward bite as well.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Not really, everybody likes to cut their dnf rates...

Looking forward to seeing the new jumps Tuesday.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

So got a quick response back from Rocket Rc and the brass fr and rr holders are 11 and 13 grams. Sounds like a good direction to go since they are putting weight right over the rear arms. I'm also moving the shins on rear to the back this moving the hub more forward hopefully helping in getting more forward bite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.