Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Quietman;15269917]

battery holder is 3D printed and the gearbox is from the dirt yz2 car original
Old 07-29-2018, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
This is most probably a prototype part, just like the slipper and/or stand-up gearbox in his car, which allows putting the shocks into the front of the shock tower. Hopefully the battery brace will become available when their stadium truck hits the shelves in fall/winter. Otherwise I'd expect it to be included at the latest in the 2019 kit(s), which are likely to be released around April/May if Yokomo continue to follow the schedule of the previous years.
Edit: The plastic frames are likely the ones from the belt-drive YZ-4, part no Z4-001 with the addition of a part on top.
I have those parts left over from my YZ4, so might see what I can make up for it. The stand up gear box looks great with the graphite shock tower, so am hoping thats released soon, as I need to move to a stand up in a few months when our new dirt track is built.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Servo horn

I did a search and didn’t come up with much on this. I just got a used yz-2 dtm and it has the plastic servo horn. Is everyone using the 17mm aluminum ones by Yokomo or did people find good, cheaper options? Seems like $20 shipped is a lot for a servo horn. I’d appreciate recommendations.

Edit: I found this Yeah racing servo horn with 17mm and 20mm holes: http://www.yeahracing.com/catalog/ya...ck-p-4040.html

$6.49 plus 3.49 shipping on ebay. Seems like a winner. If you have another recommendation, please let me know.

Last edited by Bruce_R; 08-03-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:13 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bruce_R
I did a search and didn’t come up with much on this. I just got a used yz-2 dtm and it has the plastic servo horn. Is everyone using the 17mm aluminum ones by Yokomo or did people find good, cheaper options? Seems like $20 shipped is a lot for a servo horn. I’d appreciate recommendations.

Edit: I found this Yeah racing servo horn with 17mm and 20mm holes: Servo Arm & Screw - Yeahracing - (#YA-0516BK) 25T Aluminum Servo Arm Horn For Futaba Savox Power HD Blue Bird Bla

$6.49 plus 3.49 shipping on ebay. Seems like a winner. If you have another recommendation, please let me know.
Ruddog clamping servo horns are great and offer both the short and long mounting options. They are available in various colors on amain.
Cain, jpcopeland1 and Bruce_R like this.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
Ruddog clamping servo horns are great and offer both the short and long mounting options. They are available in various colors on amain.
He just needs to make sure he gets the offset horn to properly line up his servo arm and the steering components.
Bruce_R likes this.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

I ordered the yeah racing one. The offset may not be as great but I think it may be close enough. I'll report back once it arrives.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:32 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Avid Triad goodies galore!

Avid Triad Evo Slipper 72/78 YZ-2
Avid Triad Evo Drive Plates 4 mm
Avid Triad Spring and Adapter YZ-2
Avid Triad Direct Drive 69/72 YZ-2
Avid Triad Direct Drive Basics YZ-2
Old 08-12-2018, 12:31 PM
mes
Tech Elite

...and the Schelle versions:
Nova Slipper Assembly YZ-2
Yokomo Nova Drive Plates
Old 08-23-2018, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bruce_R
I ordered the yeah racing one. The offset may not be as great but I think it may be close enough. I'll report back once it arrives.
Reporting back, the offset is not great enough on the Yeah Racing servo horn I linked to in a previous post. I was able to put a nut on the ball stud threads before screwing it into the horn to give it adequate offset. Doesn't look horrible, but doesn't look great either.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Can anyone tell me what it would take to convert a original yz-2 to a up to date car ? Sorry if you guys get tired of people asking this question.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:04 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Can anyone tell me what it would take to convert a original yz-2 to a up to date car ? Sorry if you guys get tired of people asking this question.
I guess it would be shorter to list the remaining parts. Bearings, some hardware items, aluminium front bulkhead and shock bodies should still be the same. Completely updating an original 4-gear YZ-2 to CAL2 or DTM2 standard will hardly make any sense, I assume.
There are comparison charts on petitrc:
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...MvsDTM2vsCAL2/
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...2/YZ2_Compare/
Cain likes this.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
I guess it would be shorter to list the remaining parts. Bearings, some hardware items, aluminium front bulkhead and shock bodies should still be the same. Completely updating an original 4-gear YZ-2 to CAL2 or DTM2 standard will hardly make any sense, I assume.
There are comparison charts on petitrc:
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...MvsDTM2vsCAL2/
Yokomo YZ2 - Compare Charts
yeah, better off getting new car or at least a DTM or similar to do some conversion work.

Man prices on these crash or something? just helped a buddy score a hopped up YZ2 DTM2 with very little usage for less than $200.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am setting my new yz2 dtm2 for stock 17.5 class indoor med to high bite clay. Track size is pretty good, but what I am looking to see what clutching system is everyone using for stock. I really don't care for the eliminator, prefer the slipper system. The one that comes with kit is a 3 pad setup but I can not find a 72t 48p spur gear for it. Would I be better going to Avid or Schelle system?
Old 08-28-2018, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have the 3 disk slipper and associated spurs fit it. Some of them do anyways.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Not much different, different steering rack, bigger rear diff case, different motor plate and some shims for the rear bulkhead, then the bigger ball studs. I updated, and really only got the different steering rack, had the motor plate but on our track there was NO difference, so I sold the rear shims and motor plate to someone that "had" to have it ( I am still faster lol) will order the bigger diff case but only when I need to change my diff oil. With me running the yz4sf and it came with the smaller ball studs there was no need to upgrade the ball studs as I would then need to have two sets one for the yz2 and one for the sf. Other things are the front gullwing arms and shock tower but I assume you might have already upgraded those, along with the rear hubs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.