Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
No idea why he would want that much flex on high grip. Odd to me coming from onroad. And from what I’ve experience racing high grip carpet.
I was a bit surprised when he raced at iocc myself. I’ve also noticed since RM has joined the team Lee Martin started doing it as well at carpet races. Lee has also ran the car without the front chassis braces. I always thought stiff car for carpet. For what ever reason, it works for the yoke.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

but on road tires and off road tires make a difference.Half the width and less grippy compound. I'm just thinking out load here. If the chassis can flex a bit more torsion-ally? Twist I guess is what I mean. During hard corners/transitions, it would put less strain on the front tires initially by allowing the back to say flatter. Guessing it may be quicker in like the "S"'s and switchbacks.......maybe?
During rear motor days though that would have exaggerated the swing arm effect even worse.
Antimullet likes this.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey everyone. So I'm going to try 2wd again. Been running 4wd for a year now but always loved my old yz2 ca I used to have for indoor carpet. There's no more carpet tracks around, only outdoor real dirt (low, med grip at best) Which of the models will I be best off with? There's too many now it's confusing... dtm, dt, dtm2, worlds edition??
Old 04-05-2018, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

No idea why he would want that much flex on high grip. Odd to me coming from onroad. And from what I’ve experience racing high grip carpet.
Probably makes it easier to drive for him.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

That’s what I find odd. I thought too much flex, too much grip = less corner speed.
But we’re talking modified power so maybe it does take a bit of the edge out of the chassis!
Old 04-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Tech Adept

That’s what I find odd. I thought too much flex, too much grip = less corner speed.
But we’re talking modified power so maybe it does take a bit of the edge out of the chassis!
I tried both (regular carbon strap vs taped shorty) on high grip astro.
On one particular section of the track with two corners, bumpy track and some elevation I noticed the car without strap is quicker to recover mass transfer (flex) from each corner and able to come out of the section quicker.
It is not so much as the chassis flex at first but more how the chassis recover from the flex.
With the strap it feels like the recover is very quick and in that section you have to wait a bit or you will roll over.
With no strap I don't feel that recover as much and I can carry on and out of the corner much faster without grip roll.
jpcopeland1 and rvrslt1 like this.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Interesting! Thanks for the info!
Old 04-05-2018, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojo tom
On one particular section of the track with two corners, bumpy track and some elevation I noticed the car without strap is quicker to recover mass transfer (flex) from each corner and able to come out of the section quicker.
It is not so much as the chassis flex at first but more how the chassis recover from the flex.
With the strap it feels like the recover is very quick and in that section you have to wait a bit or you will roll over.
With no strap I don't feel that recover as much and I can carry on and out of the corner much faster without grip roll.
Even running on super 100% clay like I have here locally, running the brace makes the car really twitchy. Taking it out calms it down a lot especially on high speed sweepers.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojo tom
You're still running the new style waterfall brace, correct? Or no waterfall?

Also, I have the DTMW, can anyone point me in the direction of a good setup? I've looked at Petit and there are tons of Astro setups, but I'm not familiar with the differences between all the versions yet. I've added a gear diff, anything else I should add to make the car better on Astro?

Last edited by MrLean; 04-06-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:09 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MrLean

Also, I have the DTMW, anyone point me in the direction of a good setup? I've looked at Petit and there are tons of Astro setup, but I'm not familiar with the differences between all the versions yet. I've added a gear diff, anything else I should add to make the car better on Astro?
The Worlds car already has the graphite and wide rear suspension parts so you should be good to go. Sway bars may or may not be required depending on your track.
MrLean likes this.

Last edited by mes; 04-07-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MrLean

Also, I have the DTMW, can anyone point me in the direction of a good setup? I've looked at Petit and there are tons of Astro setups, but I'm not familiar with the differences between all the versions yet. I've added a gear diff, anything else I should add to make the car better on Astro?
Cut Waterfall but I've tried to tape others 2wd too.
Just a bit worried running mod to bend a chassis.

Take a look at Lee Martin setups, they're usually spot on to start with depending on the track (astro on flat surface or astro on bumpy dirt/multi surface, long pile vs thin astro, that will change a lot to the setup).
He will put a new one out build around the CA2 soon I guess.
MrLean likes this.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What gear ratio are you guys running in Stock? I'm running 2.37 (69/29) gonna try 2.3 (69/30)
Old 04-07-2018, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

depending on size of track and motor.... TSR,motiv,MC2,Fantom, are all real torguey motors were as the new tekins are higher rpm. I have a TSR but not "the one" an am running 31/72 on a smallish indoor dirt track
Old 04-08-2018, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Got the wiring done. Decided to just Velcro the battery in because the strap was not cooperating with the short Lipo and it also looks a heck of a lot cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo YZ-2-84b080b2-5e59-4d47-879e-ecfd8cb39c5f.jpeg  
Old 04-08-2018, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid
What gear ratio are you guys running in Stock? I'm running 2.37 (69/29) gonna try 2.3 (69/30)
72 spur,pinions vary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.