Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 07:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
Broken in tires. I would assume your tires are just as new as your truck. Are you using traction compounds? I run Pro-Line Primes and clean and apply traction compound after every race. Tire care is the biggest part of racing on clay indoors. I also do not run clay compound tires, they never seem to get as much traction as regular rubber. I run either Proline M4 or Jconcepts Green or black depending on the car and class.
I agree with that! At least damp clay that is!
I have experienced when our track starts to dry, clay compounds perform WAY better than other compounds.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sincal24
Built my T5m last week, raced it today for first time in 13.5 class, truck was awsome, most fun I have had in RC yet !!! I hear people talk about pulling wheelies, I was running indoor on clay with Bar Codes and couldn't get on throttle hard with out spinning rear tires with my 13.5 , how do you guys get so much rear bite
Depends on how much rear grip/traction and motor you have. I would think to lift the front end.with a 13.5 you would have to have high grip track and a fai bit of boost and turbo.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

I am having a terrible time with my T5M so far. At first I thought I had a bad kit but my buddy just built and ran his and it was doing the same thing. Basically what happens is as if you turn into a corner about midway through the corner (and not every time either) it will just loop out and spin all the way around. The truck has so much mid corner steering its crazy and I have tried everything to get rid of it. Stiffer front spring. All kinds of things to the rear to gain more rear traction to take steering away. 30* kick up with 0* inserts. The only thing that stopped it was Clay fronts with SS rears. I am totally lost.

Setup is as follows:

Stock setup in the front other than 3 limiters vs 2 and 1.5mm on the front tower.

Rear is stock other than 1 limiter 30 wt and kyosho gold springs, 3.5*s of toe with the 20 gram brass C block, arms spaced forward, middle camber link.

Ride height is 30/29 even tried 29/29

Tires are SS chainlinks all around.

Idk if this is the right place to ask but I am absolutely stumped and I think I am pretty good at setup.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbowen
I am having a terrible time with my T5M so far. At first I thought I had a bad kit but my buddy just built and ran his and it was doing the same thing. Basically what happens is as if you turn into a corner about midway through the corner (and not every time either) it will just loop out and spin all the way around. The truck has so much mid corner steering its crazy and I have tried everything to get rid of it. Stiffer front spring. All kinds of things to the rear to gain more rear traction to take steering away. 30* kick up with 0* inserts. The only thing that stopped it was Clay fronts with SS rears. I am totally lost.

Setup is as follows:

Stock setup in the front other than 3 limiters vs 2 and 1.5mm on the front tower.

Rear is stock other than 1 limiter 30 wt and kyosho gold springs, 3.5*s of toe with the 20 gram brass C block, arms spaced forward, middle camber link.

Idk if this is the right place to ask but I am absolutely stumped and I think I am pretty good at setup.

Any help is appreciated.
Take the rear brass off 3* toe kyosho white spring or ae green. Arms spaced middle. My truck has a little push to it but is very easy to drive. I tried kit pistons and 5 hole kyosho pistons and like the 5hole kyosho a little better front and rear 35 30. I didn't care for the kyosho gold springs. White front and rear felt more in the track vs on the track. Idk what your shock positions and lengths are but I'm in on the tower and out on the arm in the front 26.5 stroke. Rear in on the tower in on the arm 35 stroke. Lap times with truck are within a 10th of buggy.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
Take the rear brass off 3* toe kyosho white spring or ae green. Arms spaced middle. My truck has a little push to it but is very easy to drive. I tried kit pistons and 5 hole kyosho pistons and like the 5hole kyosho a little better front and rear 35 30. I didn't care for the kyosho gold springs. White front and rear felt more in the track vs on the track. Idk what your shock positions and lengths are but I'm in on the tower and out on the arm in the front 26.5 stroke. Rear in on the tower in on the arm 35 stroke. Lap times with truck are within a 10th of buggy.
Trust me it is nothing in the rear I have tried everything softer rear spring, in on the arms, in on the tower, softer oil, more toe, more weight and although they help a little it still did the same stuff. I know it is all in the front end but thanks for your input. Rear traction is not my issue it is the front end unloading midway through the corner
Old 06-15-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Trust me it is nothing in the rear I have tried everything softer rear spring, in on the arms, in on the tower, softer oil, more toe, more weight and although they help a little it still did the same stuff. I know it is all in the front end but thanks for your input. Rear traction is not my issue it is the front end unloading midway through the corner
More toe and more weight cause over rotation midway through the corner. I know some team guys are drilling a 3rd hole out on the front arm and adding 2mm of droop to take away some steering
Old 06-15-2015, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
More toe and more weight cause over rotation midway through the corner. I know some team guys are drilling a 3rd hole out on the front arm and adding 2mm of droop to take away some steering
Yes you are right but I am running on a dusty SS track and my buddy was running 3*s of toe with no brass and his was doing the same thing.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes you are right but I am running on a dusty SS track and my buddy was running 3*s of toe with no brass and his was doing the same thing.
I was having the same issue. I put the screws in the castor blocks to limit steering. Worked great, no more wash out. Still has tons of steering.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My truck was doing the same thing as well. I found a couple of things wrong, first the camber links were still very stiff even after squeezing them with the pliers and I had mis-built build one of the steering spindles (one side had 2 trailing axle and the other four). After this the truck was a lot better, just a thought on some things to check.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Outdoor Setup

I am going to be running my truck for the first time outdoors and I was wondering if anybody would like to post set up and tire choices for a hard packed dirt surface?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by huzzler
I was having the same issue. I put the screws in the castor blocks to limit steering. Worked great, no more wash out. Still has tons of steering.
Ya I guess I could try that I just hate having to limit the steering throw but I guess if thats what I have to do thats what I have to do.

And all my stuff is built right and the ball cups feel perfect it deff isn't any of that.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Ya I guess I could try that I just hate having to limit the steering throw but I guess if thats what I have to do thats what I have to do.

And all my stuff is built right and the ball cups feel perfect it deff isn't any of that.
SLRC chassis.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Anybody know if the t5m body fits the centro ct4.2?
Old 06-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Setup is as follows:

Any help is appreciated.
There are piles of T5Ms running at my home track, and nobody is having this issue. The trucks are all totally planted, right out of the box. They actually feel really balanced.

The only two things I can think of, is that either 1) your camber links (or something else) are binding and the truck isn't rolling correctly, or 2) you have a tire/insert/prep issue.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Instead of limiter screws, max out steering epa and then use d/r to adjust per layout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.