Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer458
rm
nice! i hear it is a fantastic car.
Originally Posted by wittyname
I wonder if AE has something cooking now that the b5 project is done. Maybe they will get to work on the rc8 stuff before the creative juices dry up
there was something on here a while back about them doing some track testing. with a new car or two.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

They need to, their 1/8th game is lacking.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zachfeen
They need to, their 1/8th game is lacking.
Indeed. I hope AE pays attention to this... The world is ready for a Rc8.3 and RC8.2T. I'm even going to get a little ambitious here and hope that they will design E-specific models for each, following the example of Tekno and Durango. Probably wont happen, but I can dream right
Old 01-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by B.AUSTIN
Parts support is an issue when your 19 and save up for a while to buy a kit. I can't afford to stock a bunch of spares for any occasion, but i can afford to walk into the lhs and just buy a set of arms when one breaks or go buy a new set of shock shafts. Not everyone that races RC has deep enough pockets to have a whole other car worth of spares for multiple vehicles.

Yea i can understand that one. But like my LHS most of the time anyways they dont have it in stock so you need order things sometimes though its in stock. My LHS can order spare parts for me since where they order from like Tower carrys Tekno and Mugen .

But in the short run and long if you get a better quality truck or buggy it saves you money mostly dued to wear and the beefier plastics. So really a extra spur gear or diff and pinion is the only thing .

You wouldnt believe how much i had to replace on the Losi with hop ups mostly dued to fast wear.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Indeed. I hope AE pays attention to this... The world is ready for a Rc8.3 and RC8.2T. I'm even going to get a little ambitious here and hope that they will design E-specific models for each, following the example of Tekno and Durango. Probably wont happen, but I can dream right

I liked my Tekno V4 RC8TCE never broke anything handled pretty good accept the Front and Rear axles bending easy it only got bad if there really bent. Reduceing Droop helped with it though. Other than that the quality is not bad.

I sold it though 4 weeks ago since there is no real E-Truggy class during club races at all accept big races

I doubt man that more companys are going to make a E-Truggy platform i mean if Tekno and Durango coming out with theres so far it doesnt seem like its growing.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I doubt man that more companys are going to make a E-Truggy platform i mean if Tekno and Durango coming out with theres so far it doesnt seem like its growing.
I agree it probably wont happen with truggy as TLR shot down the idea as well but I would like to see an electric based buggy developed by AE that seems to consistently be a strong class, and with their main American competition coming out with one I don't see how they could not design one
Old 01-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I had an RC8 a few years ago, and I didn't really like it too much. If I ever chose to get into 1/8th scale again, I'd probably choose Losi.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:09 AM
Tech Champion

Lots of rumors about AE making a new nitrobuggy. Aren't the Worlds coming up? There's quite a few new car rumors.

But AE and Losi will continue using drive lines made of softer metal than Xray/Kyo/Mugen, and they'll continue using plastic that wears quicker as well. Anyone that really can't see that is a fool. All of my AE and Losi cars, including my 5ive, wear out at a much higher rate than some of my other cars. I'm amazed that some other racers can't see that.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I would look at the Serpent line. The parts quality is excellent,very high quality. The kits are extremely well thought out right down to the smallest details. They keep the racers budget in mind by giving you everything you need in the kit to be competitive. You wont be spending countless dollars are extra tuning parts other then springs. The cars drive extremely well! They put a lot of time in to r&d so at the end of the day you know your money was well spent. Check them out at www.serpentamerica.com
Old 01-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Lots of rumors about AE making a new nitrobuggy. Aren't the Worlds coming up? There's quite a few new car rumors.

But AE and Losi will continue using drive lines made of softer metal than Xray/Kyo/Mugen, and they'll continue using plastic that wears quicker as well. Anyone that really can't see that is a fool. All of my AE and Losi cars, including my 5ive, wear out at a much higher rate than some of my other cars. I'm amazed that some other racers can't see that.

Hum yea I can't say I had fast wear in the Associated trucks I've owned. There much better than the stock losi drivetrain parts by far I've noticed at least .

But honesty I can't blame them that's how they make extra money it's up to the racer if he gets tried of it and goes with a diffrent brand.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by elex300
I would look at the Serpent line. The parts quality is excellent,very high quality. The kits are extremely well thought out right down to the smallest details. They keep the racers budget in mind by giving you everything you need in the kit to be competitive. You wont be spending countless dollars are extra tuning parts other then springs. The cars drive extremely well! They put a lot of time in to r&d so at the end of the day you know your money was well spent. Check them out at www.serpentamerica.com
I forgot to mention my Serpent. Their metal is as good as Xrays, and their plastic is really close. Darn good kits.

I swear the CVD's on the Serpent come from Xray. Exact same feel and color. Even the laser etched brand marking on the drive shafts are similar. Hmmmm.

I sold my Serpent only because its ground game handles very differently than an Xray/Kyo. I didn't want to relearn a completely different feeling car. But the Serpent jumped better than any other car I've ever driven. Allmost allways nice and straight in the air no matter what kind of nonsense I threw at it on the face of the jump.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I forgot to mention my Serpent. Their metal is as good as Xrays, and their plastic is really close. Darn good kits.

I swear the CVD's on the Serpent come from Xray. Exact same feel and color. Even the laser etched brand marking on the drive shafts are similar. Hmmmm.

I sold my Serpent only because its ground game handles very differently than an Xray/Kyo. I didn't want to relearn a completely different feeling car. But the Serpent jumped better than any other car I've ever driven. Allmost allways nice and straight in the air no matter what kind of nonsense I threw at it on the face of the jump.
my 1 year old serpent has only the slightest flatspots on any of the driveline components. only parts i have ever broken are 2 screws, and 3 rear shock shafts. I have never owned an Xray, but i have both the 1/8th and 1/10th serpent cars and the quality of them is WAY above and beyond anything AE or losi offers.

I do however see lots of TLR and AE at the track, and they seem to replace worn parts on a regular basis. if you get 6 months regular racing out of the driveline components from either of them you are lucky.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
crash a lot?

Originally Posted by kaiser
you guys that keep breaking cars need to stay off the pipe. lol

sloppy is fast!
IKR, then they blame it on the brand!
Originally Posted by kaiser
how do you break a gearbox on an associated?

in the 4 years my ftb4 has been in service i have lost 2 carbon front towers, 1 steering set, one carbon front arm, and one t-plate and the random bearing seizure.
I used to run a hacker 7.5 in my b4 when i ran associated, and i busted the whole side off the part where the diffs bearings are!!
Originally Posted by xTotalghost
I have driven the losi 22 and the 2.0 and the AE b4 .1 .2 And i love the way the b4.2 handles in the air but you cant beat the losi in the corners. It is so nimble becasue of the small width chassis. But just doesnt feel as clean in the air as the b4.2
It s because the wider chassis kinda makes it parachute mid air, but its not always about flying with style lol always remeber that the more time u spend in the air, the slower your laptimes will be

Originally Posted by elex300
+1my next kit is gonna be the serpent mid....Billy convinced me its a good kit hahahaha
Old 01-17-2014, 03:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Not looking to start a chevy vs. ford argument here, just curious about people that have owned both and their experiences with each. I currently run associated RC8Be & RC8T but have considered making the swap to TLR. Again just looking for the experiences that people have had with both. I know there are individual threads on each vehicle but i would like to hear from people who have owned both.
I have owned/built/raced both AE and TLR. Both 1/10th scale and 1/8th scale.

It just so happens that have have owned/raced the RC8Be, RC8Te, 8ight-B 2.0 and 8ight-T 2.0. I can tell you straight away that I preferred the Losi vehicles for 1/8th scale. I was not impressed at all with the RC8Be. Fragile, twitchy and unforgiving. It was tough to drive on a loose track. I really liked the RC8Te, but it suffered from a fatal flaw....the constant bending of CVA's. An expensive problem to have to constantly fix. I loved the 8ight-B 2.0 and did well with it. Stable, durable and pretty easy to drive. Parts of the drive train tend to wear pretty fast though. My favorite of them all is the 8ight-T. Love that truck. It's the only one of the four that I still run today. Easy to drive, durable, and a bullet with the right electronics.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Hum yea I can't say I had fast wear in the Associated trucks I've owned. There much better than the stock losi drivetrain parts by far I've noticed at least .

But honesty I can't blame them that's how they make extra money it's up to the racer if he gets tried of it and goes with a diffrent brand.
Did you sell your Truggy, tc5? I don't see it in your sig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.