Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE ? TLR?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have driven the losi 22 and the 2.0 and the AE b4 .1 .2 And i love the way the b4.2 handles in the air but you cant beat the losi in the corners. It is so nimble becasue of the small width chassis. But just doesnt feel as clean in the air as the b4.2
Old 01-16-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

I have both brands and I prefer the losi over ae but they both good and can't go wrong with either. Ae is more popular to new bees cause they cheaper to get into. The one thing I like the most is they are not the only two choices any more it's a good thing for everyone that you have a choice of what you want.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Hum boy well i would say about 2 years ago or 3 that Associated had the best quality especially 8th scale compared to the 1/8 Eights for sure ! I know when i had my RC8TCE as Nitro and Electric the quality was much better than when i had the Eight truggy .

Now Losi has improved there quality but they still have the fast wear axles and the steering ends still back out on you and get loose . And the dumb angle up Front on the center axle which im not sure why they are still doing that.

Associated has stayed the same with the 1/8 scales and 1/10 . And there pretty strong from my exprience with the 1/8 scale and 1/10 . I always see the 22t breaking i cartwheeled my T4.1 more than once on the track and it still kept on going !

But now i have went to diffrerent brands with a Mugen MBX6 ECO and the Tekno SC410 with a T4.1 . I defieltly think i will save money on the Mugen and Tekno all around .
I agree with that, two or three years ago it wasn't a question for me. It's just the fact that AE hasn't updated their 8th scale in so long that it has me worried that they are focusing mostly on 10th scale. If AE were to update their buggy and truggy it probably wouldnt be a question for me.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

if you're only talking 1/8 buggy and truggy, really, there is no way to intelligently argue in favor of AE at this point. the current platforms are outdated and the 3.0 is just a better buggy (i'm sure the truggy will be the same), but at a premium price. if you're even moderately happy with your current stable, i'd say to wait. i'd bet that AE will be bringing out a new buggy before summer. even if it's not better than the losi, it will drive the price of the losi down (which IMO is insane).
Old 01-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
if you're only talking 1/8 buggy and truggy, really, there is no way to intelligently argue in favor of AE at this point. the current platforms are outdated and the 3.0 is just a better buggy (i'm sure the truggy will be the same), but at a premium price. if you're even moderately happy with your current stable, i'd say to wait. i'd bet that AE will be bringing out a new buggy before summer. even if it's not better than the losi, it will drive the price of the losi down (which IMO is insane).
what do you think about the mp9 and st-rr series then? to me that is insane!
Old 01-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
i stand corrected on the price. i thought the last time i checked, the 3.0 was like $700. i think it's priced ok at $550.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Thats kind of what I was thinking. I'd seriously hope that AE has something in the works to be released soon. Ive never been unhappy with my AE it's just that every other company (other than the jammin division of ofna, which apparently fell off the planet) keeps updating their platforms while im just sitting her like ya this is the same truggy that's been out since '08. I mean c'mon after six years we're getting impatient. And I never saw that great of a reason to buy an 8.2 buggy.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

i just sold my 22, thing was on rails,i iiked it a lot better then the b4.1 worlds buggy i had,just seemed a lot easier to drive and it sucked things up a lot better, i just sold it and got a serpent,the plastics are unreal on this kit,i haven't driven it yet but people say its a beast,good corner speed,easy to drive and soaks everything up,we shall see but i like quality of the kit
Old 01-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think Kyoshos prices are out of this world. I mean I know it's a nice buggy and truggy but i cant justify 1k for just a roller. at least with AE or Losi you can have it complete for somewhere near that price range, or even a little less
Old 01-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
Im gonna throw something out there about this whole "parts support thing ". Its a joke ! I have owned 3 huge pos cars becasue my LHS carried the brands , but you know what ? Even though I had what they carried the most of , rarely if ever did they have the part I actually needed. Sure they have a ton of the parts , but the common parts that break they will be out of stock. If your just running and having fun playing around , no real biggie . BUT , If your going to race , you need to have your own spares. You cant rely on the LHS to have anything , because they usually wont. I switched brands a while back , to an obscure european brand , that has virtually no parts support around me locally . I bought $100.00 worth of spares off e bay , and I have used 2 dang parts out of the lot. Dont buy a inferior product to race , because you think the LHS is gonna have what you need when you break. Just doesnt work out that way .
+1 parts support is never an issue if you can afford to race cars of this price.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
+1 parts support is never an issue if you can afford to race cars of this price.
Parts support is an issue when your 19 and save up for a while to buy a kit. I can't afford to stock a bunch of spares for any occasion, but i can afford to walk into the lhs and just buy a set of arms when one breaks or go buy a new set of shock shafts. Not everyone that races RC has deep enough pockets to have a whole other car worth of spares for multiple vehicles.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer458
i just sold my 22, thing was on rails,i iiked it a lot better then the b4.1 worlds buggy i had,just seemed a lot easier to drive and it sucked things up a lot better, i just sold it and got a serpent,the plastics are unreal on this kit,i haven't driven it yet but people say its a beast,good corner speed,easy to drive and soaks everything up,we shall see but i like quality of the kit
with one? mm or rm kit?
Originally Posted by B.AUSTIN
I think Kyoshos prices are out of this world. I mean I know it's a nice buggy and truggy but i cant justify 1k for just a roller. at least with AE or Losi you can have it complete for somewhere near that price range, or even a little less
agree completely
Old 01-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

with one? mm or rm kit?

agree completely
rm
Old 01-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wonder if AE has something cooking now that the b5 project is done. Maybe they will get to work on the rc8 stuff before the creative juices dry up
Old 01-16-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wittyname
I wonder if AE has something cooking now that the b5 project is done. Maybe they will get to work on the rc8 stuff before the creative juices dry up
I Certainly hope so or they will probably start losing all of their 8th scale business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.