Like Tree2Likes

Serpent Spyder SRX-2 Mid Motor Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 99windy
Any help you can give is appreciated.
That's a lot of weight added. Aluminum front bulkhead would be an easy change.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Set up

Yeah it is a lot of weight. But i feel the weight under the receiver/esc helped to plant the car a bit more. Going to get the ali bulkhead and take some of the brass out. The car feels very planted.

Might try taking the brass from under lipo out and moving rear uprights forward, to get that initial steering I crave. Track surfaces in the UK seem to suit the 38/62 split front to rear. My current set up was 37/63, so little more work needed.

Thanks for the advice, wil keep you posted as things change.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I just ordered one of these today (thank you Absolute Hobbyz) i'm excited to get back behind the wheel after being off for a year or so.

I'm reading the entire thread this wknd but it looks like a great group of guys.

I look forward to the build
Old 03-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
I just ordered one of these today (thank you Absolute Hobbyz) i'm excited to get back behind the wheel after being off for a year or so.

I'm reading the entire thread this wknd but it looks like a great group of guys.

I look forward to the build
Check them out on FB, too. Great bunch of guys willing to help out.

Don't do too many mods to the car. It works pretty dang well stock. Just spring, piston, oil changes and the correct tires. That's it. No need to throw money at it.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
I have that now I'm running fast stock setup with a 10.5
Try not to get discouraged. A couple of people have said the TLR will be loose but that's nor what I see at my track. If anything they're more planted. The fastest guys have wheelies off of a few turns. That's traction, not technique.

Make sure you have the right tires, prepped in the right way (if that sort of thing is done at your track). Also, you might ignore the time sheets for a while and concentrate on line. Put the car where you want it on the track until the speed comes.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default serpent mm

Guys, when I first run mine i thought oops what have I done, but with the help of the lads here and on facebook I now love my mm, it is awesome, everything you need is in the kit, ok apart from a few springs. I cannot praise this car anymore keep the faith you will get there and love this car.

Billy Easton and the rest of the lads are super helpful and will def point anyone in right direction. This is the first car i have had that the designer really takes an interest in the normal, not pro driver. This sort of interaction from designers etc is few and far between in the UK. With the time diff I still get answers from the serpent world wide brotherhood quick. I thank you all ��
Old 03-21-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default my srx2

Gents, took a lot of brass of our car, but had to add some ballast to get it right but there in the end, 50\50 left right and 38/62front plus weight down to 1520, still wanting it lower. Love car cannot weight now
Old 03-24-2015, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Question for the people using the spectrum setup how u guys liking it? Just curious if it's easy to drive? I'm thinking about switching from fast stock setup. Fast stock setup is good but has a bad push.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Looking for info on a good starting point with a 8.5 thanks for the help
Old 03-25-2015, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickhow
Looking for info on a good starting point with a 8.5 thanks for the help
I'm at 78/22.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Wink Billy Easton Spektrum Set Up,

I found with this set up it was a lot more positive on the front end, but to be honest, what have you got to loose by trying it.

I changed from the fast stock to the spektrum very quickly, the only bit that took time was changing the pills, but otherwise a nip and tuck here.

Just try it, it might not be 100% for you, but you can always tune from there easily.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

im building my shock for the spektrum setup and the shock length is 103. is it right that almost half of the treads are showing on the shock shaft?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Not trying to be a stickler but why does everyone "copy" a "Billy Easton" or " Spektrum race " set up! Every single one of us drive differently from one person to the next, on top of that track conditions change all the time.... My thinking is you should first tune the car
To your driving, then to the track! There is no secret " magic" setup! Find what works for you..make changes try new stuff! Make the car yours!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MICmamba28
Not trying to be a stickler but why does everyone "copy" a "Billy Easton" or " Spektrum race " set up! Every single one of us drive differently from one person to the next, on top of that track conditions change all the time.... My thinking is you should first tune the car
To your driving, then to the track! There is no secret " magic" setup! Find what works for you..make changes try new stuff! Make the car yours!
No one's stopping you from doing that. Good luck! Whether it's a local fast guy or Billy's setup, I prefer to have a starting point.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by shagino
No one's stopping you from doing that. Good luck! Whether it's a local fast guy or Billy's setup, I prefer to have a starting point.
Wouldn't a staring point be "kit" settings???? Tune from there. I am not saying anyone is stoping me! Lol my cars are exactly how I want them. What I am gathering from the other post is people are looking for that "hot" setup! There is no hot setup! For
Instance Billy's setup might be to edgy for some and not aggressive (edgy) enough for others. Just saying the one thing that helped me get faster was to
Stop listening to other people and read up on car dynamics. For instance one great source of info on car dynamics is " Tune to Win" By Carroll Smith.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.