Wiki Posts
Search

rc10 b5

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
many people would have been happy with a b4 with better plastics. The b4 still wins a lot of races, nothing really wrong with it. Rumor has it Kurt Wenger is/was designed an alum chassis for the b4. That would make a lot of people happy. I always felt like the b4 needed more weight down low for outdoor racing. But in any case, the b4 is still a solid performer for the club racer and sponsored guy. But everyone wants something new. Look at the TLR guys, they cried and cried and cried for a new wheeler. They got an updated xx4, lol. Many people thought the xxx4 just never really was better than the xx4. Watch the b5 come out people hate it and come out with a really updated b4, with better parts and an alum chassis with super big bores, lol. Newer does not always mean better, it just means newer. My only grip these days with AE is the cheap and poor QC coming out of Asia. I still blame TT.
A big difference b/t the TLR & what AE will release. The tlr car is not a bad car to release, at all. The problem was it seem to carry over the some of the same flaws the predecessor had. The AE release wont have performance anxiety, since that's solid.. make it a robust B4 and its a winner!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

many people would have been happy with a b4 with better plastics. The b4 still wins a lot of races, nothing really wrong with it. Rumor has it Kurt Wenger is/was designed an alum chassis for the b4. That would make a lot of people happy. I always felt like the b4 needed more weight down low for outdoor racing. But in any case, the b4 is still a solid performer for the club racer and sponsored guy. But everyone wants something new. Look at the TLR guys, they cried and cried and cried for a new wheeler. They got an updated xx4, lol. Many people thought the xxx4 just never really was better than the xx4. Watch the b5 come out people hate it and come out with a really updated b4, with better parts and an alum chassis with super big bores, lol. Newer does not always mean better, it just means newer. My only grip these days with AE is the cheap and poor QC coming out of Asia. I still blame TT.
The B4 is really just an updated B3 anyways. AE has had the same arm lengths from kingpin to kingpin complete with the exact same shock mounting points on all of their cars since the mid 90's and this geometry was determined by the Stealth cars of '89 and '91. It's the same on the B3, B4 and B44 and probably will be the same on the B5 as well. Sure the B4 did some different things from the B3 that were better. It moved from a 30 degree front kick to a 25. We started to see vertical ball studs and the end of e-clips to hold kingpins on. The gearbox ratio changed a bit. There were a host of other things as well. They basically took a proven geometry design, refined it, then renamed it. They didn't reinvent the wheel compared to what they had already done. They take what they have and improve it. Others take what they have and then completely redesign/replace it or integrate things that competitors have done. That doesn't always work out for the best. The B5 will probably be along the same traditional and proven AE mindset. They'll take what worked well in the B4 and will keep the geometry behind it. Let's face it, it works. It is the most copied geometry out there. The new car may look different visually but many things will fundamentally be the same. Other things will change of course but again, these are refinements. My question is what addition features will they decide to integrate in and how much of a lead from the competition will they decide to follow?
Old 11-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fredswain
My question is what addition features will they decide to integrate in and how much of a lead from the competition will they decide to follow?
Based on a cursory look at the TC6.2; I'm guessing they will probably just copy and update their platform with features seen on the competition.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

do they blind fold them while taking practice laps? A true ninja RC warrior can drive blindfolded.
i guess they go up to the drivers sand and somebody brings the car out and drops it on the track for them. when there done, the person pulls it and takes it away. they never get to be close to it!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

the joke's on you, i've loved that song probably longer than you've been alive
Old 11-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My bet on changes is "new" 2.25 Stealth, Durango style AL chassis and metric hardware.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by F1Yankee
the joke's on you, i've loved that song probably longer than you've been alive
I think the joke is that you publicly stated you "loved" that song.
LEL
Old 11-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Beau S
I raced the NT, not the GT, back in the day. Remember, we also had that heavy A$$ rx battery hanging on the rear bumper - lots of weight. Overall, they were that hard to drive. They were harder to drive and more fragile that the 1/8th scales. They were also the 1st 1/10th vehicles to run on blown out 1/8th scale tracks. Running them on a 10th track was like running a normal e10th Truck.

They ONLY people I heard complain about traction & hard to drive, were the newbie 1/8th guys trying to drive 10th trucks.. bcz they only new full throttle/Brake/Hit everything & everyone on the track.

I switched to a Jato right before 1/10th nitro died, and you could move the rx batt from the rear bumper to in front of the motor. I tried that 1x.. it was the equivalent of going from RM 22, to MM 22 or a slick dry blown out track... BAD IDEA!! lol

goodtimes!

Correct the Rx batt weight was heavy and behind the rear axles. Still not enough to over compensate the rest of the weight in front of the rear axles. Still mid is mid any way you look at it. Plus not all RX batts weighed the same, so there was room for weight to be played with. Look at the option weights for the Dingo and 22, for some tracks that may be ideal, others not so much.

I guess my point is that based off those trucks in the GT class, it's not a question of wether nor not a MM setup can do well on less than high traction, but given the right approach with weight added (if needed) in the right place, it will work. On the new 2wd MM's, will it be enough to be all the difference from that of RM? Probably not in all cases, but with time, I think it can be pretty comparable for most. We all know, given the right talent behind the wheel, a brick with wheels can look good. LOL.

What ever AE decides to bring out, I'm sure it'll be good and on par with most cars in the class.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think its funny that we are now up to 158 posts on no news. Everyone knows its coming and we don't know when. Same as 3 days ago.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
My bet on changes is "new" 2.25 Stealth, Durango style AL chassis and metric hardware.
I am 99.999999% sure all of AE new cars will be metric. Why? because they are made in china and secondly, I think every new car since the b4 was metric. The 8rh scales,on road cars are metric and sc10 4x4 is metric.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

They really need to focus on fitment and QC. Parts will wear. Its a given. But let's eliminate some slop. Hell I rather buy a reamer and/or polish to free things up instead of putting something together and its sloppy from the get go.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mason
They really need to focus on fitment and QC. Parts will wear. Its a given. But let's eliminate some slop. Hell I rather buy a reamer and/or polish to free things up instead of putting something together and its sloppy from the get go.
I completely agree with you there. Well either way if it is 6 months they have a LOT of time to get it good/perfect, also how many ae cars have a .3 after them? IF non then its going to be a b5 if some it might be a b4.3
Old 11-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

I am 99.999999% sure all of AE new cars will be metric. Why? because they are made in china and secondly, I think every new car since the b4 was metric. The 8rh scales,on road cars are metric and sc10 4x4 is metric.
the fact they're made in china makes no difference whether it's imperial or metric. if the customer wants inches, or meters, or ancient egyptian cubits, that's what they get.

now, metric is certainly more widely accepted and for that reason is probably less expensive (for them) for hardware like screws and such.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mason
they will always continue to produce the lowest quality pieces they can sell. if people are willing to buy junk, sell them junk.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:48 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
The B4 is really just an updated B3 anyways. AE has had the same arm lengths from kingpin to kingpin complete with the exact same shock mounting points on all of their cars since the mid 90's and this geometry was determined by the Stealth cars of '89 and '91. It's the same on the B3, B4 and B44 and probably will be the same on the B5 as well. Sure the B4 did some different things from the B3 that were better. It moved from a 30 degree front kick to a 25. We started to see vertical ball studs and the end of e-clips to hold kingpins on. The gearbox ratio changed a bit. There were a host of other things as well. They basically took a proven geometry design, refined it, then renamed it. They didn't reinvent the wheel compared to what they had already done. They take what they have and improve it. Others take what they have and then completely redesign/replace it or integrate things that competitors have done. That doesn't always work out for the best. The B5 will probably be along the same traditional and proven AE mindset. They'll take what worked well in the B4 and will keep the geometry behind it. Let's face it, it works. It is the most copied geometry out there. The new car may look different visually but many things will fundamentally be the same. Other things will change of course but again, these are refinements. My question is what addition features will they decide to integrate in and how much of a lead from the competition will they decide to follow?
The B5 will have the gullwing arms like the T4.2 and SC10.2. Take a close
look at the Serpent car, but with a modular chassis like the SC104x4.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.