Wiki Posts
Search

rc10 b5

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Naters
The Centro is outdated.
Why, because a newer car was just announced? I take it that none of the Centro setups are going to work now? Gonna need to see facts on this one...
Old 12-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxer373
I hope it comes with STANDARD hardware just so the people that have been complaining can still complain .....

I have never seen so much whining and bitching about a toy !!
The good thing is we have the self righteous "champions" here to keep us from our harmful heathen opinions.....oh I almost forgot, our whining too.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AERob
Why, because a newer car was just announced? I take it that none of the Centro setups are going to work now? Gonna need to see facts on this one...
My assumptions, and they are just that, are based on the fact that the centro has been around for a few years. If Associated thought it was the be all, end all design they probably would have bought the rights and branded it theirs like the jconcepts bj4 = b44. The Centro is a great car but it's not an Associated. They could have released this car earlier but it would have been a compromise. They have held on to it until they were confident it was something worth following in the footsteps of the B4 - a design that stood on top for 10 years. Following that logic, it will not be a centro copy.

That being said, the setup from the centro will probably be close, as the basic setup for all midmotor cars are close.

Like someone else said - it's all speculation. Hopefully this gives you a little insight as to how I arrived at mine.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

My assumptions, and they are just that, are based on the fact that the centro has been around for a few years. If Associated thought it was the be all, end all design they probably would have bought the rights and branded it theirs like the jconcepts bj4 = b44. The Centro is a great car but it's not an Associated. They could have released this car earlier but it would have been a compromise. They have held on to it until they were confident it was something worth following in the footsteps of the B4 - a design that stood on top for 10 years. Following that logic, it will not be a centro copy.

That being said, the setup from the centro will probably be close, as the basic setup for all midmotor cars are close.

Like someone else said - it's all speculation. Hopefully this gives you a little insight as to how I arrived at mine.
Right now, it is ALL speculation based on two small pictures with bodies covering most of the details we'd like to see.

Yes, the B4 has been around for a while. Yes, the Centro conversion has been out and updated. Does that make the car outdated? No. When the car is no longer competitive is when I would consider the car outdated. We have yet to see if there will be any groundbreaking features on the new car. This could very well be an attempt at an all-Associated car that may or may not be a big improvement over the conversion.

The current conversion can more than hold its own against the current crop of buggies out there. We will see how the new car will do at the Reedy and Cactus races. I guess I'm not ready to trade up based on pictures and press releases just yet.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

5.9... I think it will be quite different than the Centro. I dig the rear shock tower, shocks and wing configuration. The Centro is outdated. Associated will bring their best.
+1
Old 12-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AERob
Right now, it is ALL speculation based on two small pictures with bodies covering most of the details we'd like to see.

Yes, the B4 has been around for a while. Yes, the Centro conversion has been out and updated. Does that make the car outdated? No. When the car is no longer competitive is when I would consider the car outdated. We have yet to see if there will be any groundbreaking features on the new car. This could very well be an attempt at an all-Associated car that may or may not be a big improvement over the conversion.

The current conversion can more than hold its own against the current crop of buggies out there. We will see how the new car will do at the Reedy and Cactus races. I guess I'm not ready to trade up based on pictures and press releases just yet.
The Centro is a flat piece of aluminum that capitalized on the excellent geometry of an associated. Out of the box it is expensive, fragile and heavy... Three things that off the bat the B5 will improve upon. That in itself is reason enough to say the B5 will surpass the Centro. Furthermore, the Centro lost at the ROAR Nationals and the Worlds with some of the most talented drivers behind the wheel. Like you said... We will see how the new cars will do at the Reedy and Cactus races
Old 12-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)