Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gticlay
I keep throwing money at my computer screen but nothing happens. Hurry up Hot Bodies!
i tried it, the computer is not giving my money back

March (ing) on.
what variety of shock springs to use HB , Losi, Xray, or ?
Old 02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've been waiting for this car since I was at the worlds at silver dollar in..August? It's been so long I can't remember when i first saw it. My 22 2.0 has kept me racing 2wd but I sit and watch the 4wd buggys race. All of my buddy's have already got other brands. If its not out by next month I'm going to give in and get a different 4wd buggy. I've already missed half a year of racing . In no way am I complaining, trying to get the buggy released sooner. I'm just stating the position I'm in. Everyone else I know locally thinks I'm retarded for waiting all this time, I'm starting to think they are correct. Especially when I could go get another kit from amain and be racing this weekend. This has been a thought of mine for many months. I'm convinced my best bet would be to run into Ty or Torrance and buy a kit directly from them. 0% chance, but I still look twice when I see someone that looks like one of them in public. I'm still hoping to get this buggy, fingers are crossed.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TorcRacing
I've been waiting for this car since I was at the worlds at silver dollar in..August? It's been so long I can't remember when i first saw it. My 22 2.0 has kept me racing 2wd but I sit and watch the 4wd buggys race. All of my buddy's have already got other brands. If its not out by next month I'm going to give in and get a different 4wd buggy. I've already missed half a year of racing . In no way am I complaining, trying to get the buggy released sooner. I'm just stating the position I'm in. Everyone else I know locally thinks I'm retarded for waiting all this time, I'm starting to think they are correct. Especially when I could go get another kit from amain and be racing this weekend. This has been a thought of mine for many months. I'm convinced my best bet would be to run into Ty or Torrance and buy a kit directly from them. 0% chance, but I still look twice when I see someone that looks like one of them in public. I'm still hoping to get this buggy, fingers are crossed.
+1 for me as well... I sit and watch the 4 wheel class race and am like " man I definitely got some patience waiting this long for the buggy I want"... I guess it'll be that much better when it finally does drop
Old 02-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TorcRacing
I've already switched cars 2x since they announced the delay. If you are smart about what you buy (don't go brand new), you can usually sell it later for the same or a higher price than you bought it for. They go all in when the HB comes out.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

What is the expected release date?
Old 02-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Not right now right now, but sooner than later later
Old 02-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

According to the GP rep I spoke too, release for this kit is May...which doesn't quite agree with the last update from Torrance so who knows
Old 02-19-2014, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

^^^ If that turns out to be the case, I might just buy an XB4 and be done with all this waiting and anticipation.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
^^^ If that turns out to be the case, I might just buy an XB4 and be done with all this waiting and anticipation.

Already did that, got a couple more weeks before new indoor opens up, if I don't like it at least the resale value is excellent
Old 02-19-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

from all the wheelers i looked into, Xray was my first choice.
that said not soon after i saw This DAMN HB, "I have to build this!"
TLR i like the idea of the belts but nothin' like a hard diff immediate churn
ps I like my Shorty's
Old 02-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

the xray seems fragile and too loose in the rear for outdoors racing. seems more of a high bite car. Plus plastic diff gears.....pass
Old 02-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
the xray seems fragile and too loose in the rear for outdoors racing. seems more of a high bite car. Plus plastic diff gears.....pass
so what is the alternative or up grade for this?
does not matter This HB can come out in 2015 i will build it.
trains, planes, boats and automobiles if it needs to be built i have the tools
and with you guys as my mentors i can make it move forward.
it truly comes down to time, since i am here temporarily on planet earth
the rest is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
somethn' i work for
Old 02-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

it isn't fragile or loose and you can put metal gears in the diffs. I love mine but probably going to get the d413 also
Old 02-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No sir.

We have 2 local guys who are always battling for the top spot on outdoor, indoor, carpet, whatever.

As I've ALWAYS said, if a car is good, it's good, regardless of type of track. Everything depends on setup and the ability of the person holding the radio. As far as I've seen, the XB4 is quite a robust vehicle that is just plain fast and extremely tunable. I think if the top drivers drove XB4 they'd dominate with relative ease. The car is just that good.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by the incubus
No sir.

We have 2 local guys who are always battling for the top spot on outdoor, indoor, carpet, whatever.

As I've ALWAYS said, if a car is good, it's good, regardless of type of track. Everything depends on setup and the ability of the person holding the radio. As far as I've seen, the XB4 is quite a robust vehicle that is just plain fast and extremely tunable. I think if the top drivers drove XB4 they'd dominate with relative ease. The car is just that good.
i hate the word "DITTO". but what the incubus said.
a lot of detail to that car (buggy).
HB 2015 anyone?
that chime rings in my head every time i think of this build " Hot pockets", I mean "Hot Bodies"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.