R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree45Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2014, 01:57 AM   #1216
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: concord ca.
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
I keep throwing money at my computer screen but nothing happens. Hurry up Hot Bodies!
i tried it, the computer is not giving my money back

March (ing) on.
what variety of shock springs to use HB , Losi, Xray, or ?
Eric Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #1217
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 55
Default

I've been waiting for this car since I was at the worlds at silver dollar in..August? It's been so long I can't remember when i first saw it. My 22 2.0 has kept me racing 2wd but I sit and watch the 4wd buggys race. All of my buddy's have already got other brands. If its not out by next month I'm going to give in and get a different 4wd buggy. I've already missed half a year of racing . In no way am I complaining, trying to get the buggy released sooner. I'm just stating the position I'm in. Everyone else I know locally thinks I'm retarded for waiting all this time, I'm starting to think they are correct. Especially when I could go get another kit from amain and be racing this weekend. This has been a thought of mine for many months. I'm convinced my best bet would be to run into Ty or Torrance and buy a kit directly from them. 0% chance, but I still look twice when I see someone that looks like one of them in public. I'm still hoping to get this buggy, fingers are crossed.
TorcRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #1218
Tech Regular
 
Stevomatik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shhhlong Beach, ca
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorcRacing View Post
I've been waiting for this car since I was at the worlds at silver dollar in..August? It's been so long I can't remember when i first saw it. My 22 2.0 has kept me racing 2wd but I sit and watch the 4wd buggys race. All of my buddy's have already got other brands. If its not out by next month I'm going to give in and get a different 4wd buggy. I've already missed half a year of racing . In no way am I complaining, trying to get the buggy released sooner. I'm just stating the position I'm in. Everyone else I know locally thinks I'm retarded for waiting all this time, I'm starting to think they are correct. Especially when I could go get another kit from amain and be racing this weekend. This has been a thought of mine for many months. I'm convinced my best bet would be to run into Ty or Torrance and buy a kit directly from them. 0% chance, but I still look twice when I see someone that looks like one of them in public. I'm still hoping to get this buggy, fingers are crossed.
+1 for me as well... I sit and watch the 4 wheel class race and am like " man I definitely got some patience waiting this long for the buggy I want"... I guess it'll be that much better when it finally does drop
__________________
Check out the bodies I've painted

Instagram.com/CBS_RC
Stevomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:22 PM   #1219
Tech Elite
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,037
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorcRacing View Post
I've been waiting for this car since I was at the worlds at silver dollar in..August? It's been so long I can't remember when i first saw it. My 22 2.0 has kept me racing 2wd but I sit and watch the 4wd buggys race. All of my buddy's have already got other brands. If its not out by next month I'm going to give in and get a different 4wd buggy. I've already missed half a year of racing . In no way am I complaining, trying to get the buggy released sooner. I'm just stating the position I'm in. Everyone else I know locally thinks I'm retarded for waiting all this time, I'm starting to think they are correct. Especially when I could go get another kit from amain and be racing this weekend. This has been a thought of mine for many months. I'm convinced my best bet would be to run into Ty or Torrance and buy a kit directly from them. 0% chance, but I still look twice when I see someone that looks like one of them in public. I'm still hoping to get this buggy, fingers are crossed.
I've already switched cars 2x since they announced the delay. If you are smart about what you buy (don't go brand new), you can usually sell it later for the same or a higher price than you bought it for. They go all in when the HB comes out.
gticlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #1220
Tech Addict
 
Mopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santee, Ca
Posts: 666
Default

What is the expected release date?
__________________
Schumacher KF2se, Associated B5m CE (sold), Hot Bodies D413, Associated T5m, Axial Exo Terra, Schumacher Mi5, CRC 1/12, 3Racing FGX full suspension, Associated 18r
Mopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #1221
Tech Champion
 
fq06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,628
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Not right now right now, but sooner than later later
__________________
BCE SCT410 / Hobbywing 3656sd ~ RX8.2
DEX210 / Trinity 17.5 ~ RS.2
Westcoast Raceway (R.I.P.) | SMC | PowerLab
fq06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #1222
Tech Fanatic
 
ironzgti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Yardley, PA
Posts: 928
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

According to the GP rep I spoke too, release for this kit is May...which doesn't quite agree with the last update from Torrance so who knows
ironzgti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:01 PM   #1223
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,990
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

^^^ If that turns out to be the case, I might just buy an XB4 and be done with all this waiting and anticipation.

__________________
ROB RIVERA
≈ PRS1 2014 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Team Powers Plutonium17.5 ≈
≈ DEX410 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Reedy Sonic 6.5T ≈
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #1224
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 513
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
^^^ If that turns out to be the case, I might just buy an XB4 and be done with all this waiting and anticipation.

Already did that, got a couple more weeks before new indoor opens up, if I don't like it at least the resale value is excellent
__________________
JQRACING|AKA|REDS|Sanwa M12|MKS Servos
Yodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #1225
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: concord ca.
Posts: 230
Default

from all the wheelers i looked into, Xray was my first choice.
that said not soon after i saw This DAMN HB, "I have to build this!"
TLR i like the idea of the belts but nothin' like a hard diff immediate churn
ps I like my Shorty's
Eric Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #1226
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,995
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

the xray seems fragile and too loose in the rear for outdoors racing. seems more of a high bite car. Plus plastic diff gears.....pass
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #1227
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: concord ca.
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
the xray seems fragile and too loose in the rear for outdoors racing. seems more of a high bite car. Plus plastic diff gears.....pass
so what is the alternative or up grade for this?
does not matter This HB can come out in 2015 i will build it.
trains, planes, boats and automobiles if it needs to be built i have the tools
and with you guys as my mentors i can make it move forward.
it truly comes down to time, since i am here temporarily on planet earth
the rest is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
somethn' i work for
Eric Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #1228
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,313
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
the xray seems fragile and too loose in the rear for outdoors racing. seems more of a high bite car. Plus plastic diff gears.....pass
it isn't fragile or loose and you can put metal gears in the diffs. I love mine but probably going to get the d413 also
evolution03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #1229
Tech Elite
 
the incubus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,990
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
the xray seems fragile and too loose in the rear for outdoors racing. seems more of a high bite car. Plus plastic diff gears.....pass
No sir.

We have 2 local guys who are always battling for the top spot on outdoor, indoor, carpet, whatever.

As I've ALWAYS said, if a car is good, it's good, regardless of type of track. Everything depends on setup and the ability of the person holding the radio. As far as I've seen, the XB4 is quite a robust vehicle that is just plain fast and extremely tunable. I think if the top drivers drove XB4 they'd dominate with relative ease. The car is just that good.
__________________
ROB RIVERA
≈ PRS1 2014 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Team Powers Plutonium17.5 ≈
≈ DEX410 :: SP Reventon Pro 1.1 :: Reedy Sonic 6.5T ≈
WWW.TRICOUNTYHOBBIES.COM :: WWW.CRPPLUS.COM
the incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #1230
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: concord ca.
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the incubus View Post
No sir.

We have 2 local guys who are always battling for the top spot on outdoor, indoor, carpet, whatever.

As I've ALWAYS said, if a car is good, it's good, regardless of type of track. Everything depends on setup and the ability of the person holding the radio. As far as I've seen, the XB4 is quite a robust vehicle that is just plain fast and extremely tunable. I think if the top drivers drove XB4 they'd dominate with relative ease. The car is just that good.
i hate the word "DITTO". but what the incubus said.
a lot of detail to that car (buggy).
HB 2015 anyone?
that chime rings in my head every time i think of this build " Hot pockets", I mean "Hot Bodies"
Eric Summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net