Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boggiii
Got the exotek bushings and mounted them on but they are realy tight. Had to force them in, took them out again and used some hudy graphite grease. Got a little bit better but there is still to much resistance. Anyone else having this problem?
I noticed they were a little tight but after the first 2 runs they were free and haven't developed slop yet.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ironzgti35
I noticed they were a little tight but after the first 2 runs they were free and haven't developed slop yet.
I've been running the Exotek bushings for quite a while and although they are tight when you first install they seem to have broken in nicely. I still have zero slop. As long as you don't have binding you should be good. Make sure you don't over tighten any of the suspension screws.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitro2be
If you back off the screws does it solve the problem? What about using bearing oil instead of grease? I have a little trick but to some it might not make sense. Aluminum or plastic caster blocks?
I have alu castor blocks but I am waiting for the 15° castor blocks and ackerman 6 plate.
I dont see how i can over tighten those 2 screws as its the steering block that rotates on the bushings and the bushings are longer then the steering block. They are not over tighten btw:-)
But i am interested in your "senseless" trick ;-)
Old 12-30-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

I have alu castor blocks but I am waiting for the 15° castor blocks and ackerman 6 plate.
I dont see how i can over tighten those 2 screws as its the steering block that rotates on the bushings and the bushings are longer then the steering block. They are not over tighten btw:-)
But i am interested in your "senseless" trick ;-)

LOL, i fully agree with you it does not make sense that they can be over tightened. I use the aluminum ones too, and if I backed off the screw just a hair it frees it up. I just use loctite, and put screws in just before hub gets stiff and works great for me. screws never come out and hub is nice and free with 0 slop. Works on plastic blocks too.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

LOL, i fully agree with you it does not make sense that they can be over tightened. I use the aluminum ones too, and if I backed off the screw just a hair it frees it up. I just use loctite, and put screws in just before hub gets stiff and works great for me. screws never come out and hub is nice and free with 0 slop. Works on plastic blocks too.
And you are sure that the bushings dont rotate on the screws when backed off a bit?
Will give it a try when i get back home👍
Thanks✌
Old 12-30-2015, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

And you are sure that the bushings dont rotate on the screws when backed off a bit?
Will give it a try when i get back home👍
Thanks✌

Im not sure it just works. Loctite seems to lock the screw to the bushing so bushing is turning not screw. To remove screws from bushing kind of a pain ,little extra work gets them out.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default My first wheeler

New to this forum. Down 180 pages 1000 more to go😵
Very helpful and informative.
I decided to go with Ty's 2015 set up so I decided to drill my own blank Pistons.
2x1.6 in front
2x1.7 in rear
Did I do it right? Thanks for the help👍🏽
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-image.jpg  
Old 12-31-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lala4fire
New to this forum. Down 180 pages 1000 more to go😵
Very helpful and informative.
I decided to go with Ty's 2015 set up so I decided to drill my own blank Pistons.
2x1.6 in front
2x1.7 in rear
Did I do it right? Thanks for the help👍🏽
Yes.
24mm stroke front shock shafts
32mm stroke rear shock shafts
22mm ride height front/rear
Old 12-31-2015, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does anybody not like the Exotek bushings ? Putting in my second exotek order wondering if I shouldn't do them and do the Xray bushings instead ? I have heard of them not fitting for some others as well.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I run at LRH on tuesday nights, I run 7/100/3 and a ghost slick seems to be the hot ticket for me on tires. Here is my new simple clean white look for 2016. See ya there. Just finished her last night.
Very clean! What shock bushings are those in the front? Also is that the Avid chassis ? How does it compare to the carbon?
Old 12-31-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Billy
Very clean! What shock bushings are those in the front? Also is that the Avid chassis ? How does it compare to the carbon?

Thank you. There from my mbx7r, there a perfect fix but take all play out which could cause bent shock shafts in a crash verses just bent screws on top. Yes it's the avid chassis with no weights Added.chassis weight was enough coming from CF. I know most say carbon for clay, aluminum for carpet, but I'd say chassis was nice improvement on the high traction clay I drive on.

Are you that really nice guy from riverside who gave me front hubs for my RB6 two weeks ago?

Last edited by nitro2be; 12-31-2015 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you. There from my mbx7r, there a perfect fix but take all play out which could cause bent shock shafts in a crash verses just bent screws on top. Yes it's the avid chassis with no weights Added.chassis weight was enough coming from CF. I know most say carbon for clay, aluminum for carpet, but I'd say chassis was nice improvement on the high traction clay I drive on.

Are you that really nice guy from riverside who gave me front hubs for my RB6 two weeks ago?
Thanks for the info. No I am not he, But I have met you before at IERC before it closed. I have been going to LRH as well but not for a couple of weeks. I am signed up to race Saturday. If you are there I will stop by.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Billy
Thanks for the info. No I am not he, But I have met you before at IERC before it closed. I have been going to LRH as well but not for a couple of weeks. I am signed up to race Saturday. If you are there I will stop by.
now your up to 77 posts in 16 years. I won't be at track for couple weeks either due to my father having surgery this week. look forward to seeing you some time. Good luck racing
Old 01-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi guys. I got a used D413 on here and will be racing carpet. I put Ty's ozone setup on it. I notice on the bottom he said Aluminum chassis would make it better. What exactly is the bennifet of aluminum chassis and is avid the only one that makes one?
Old 01-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT
Hi guys. I got a used D413 on here and will be racing carpet. I put Ty's ozone setup on it. I notice on the bottom he said Aluminum chassis would make it better. What exactly is the bennifet of aluminum chassis and is avid the only one that makes one?
Schelle also make an aluminum chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.