Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can confirm that serpent shock caps thread right on without modification.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Also i used traxxas x-rings in the rear shocks and kit orings in the front so i could do a comparison. The the traxxas ones are much much smoother than the stock ones after two race days. They just drop right in and don't seem to be leaking or sucking air. The part number is tra2362
Old 11-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chr1s
Are they off the SRX-2?

What stand off's? Serpent SRX-2 as well?
Old 11-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Are they off the SRX-2?

What stand off's? Serpent SRX-2 as well?
Yes.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slasn_48
If anyone is thinking of trying different pistons try the vision racing products piston. They are worth the money.
I ordered a set of the 3x1.4 on the 1st and haven't even received a shipping notification.
Paul
Old 11-07-2014, 03:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Actually they don't, or at least the ones I had didn't. They are very close, but are a different thread pitch and didn't thread down far enough to contact the inner seal in the cap. I tried them and they suck air through the lowest bleeder hole. Are you using bladders?
Old 11-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Actually they don't, or at least the ones I had didn't. They are very close, but are a different thread pitch and didn't thread down far enough to contact the inner seal in the cap. I tried them and they suck air through the lowest bleeder hole. Are you using bladders?
My caps threaded on completely. I just measured the thread length on the the serpent shock bodies and the hpi. They are both 4mm, so they should be bottoming out on the inner seal. Mine don't appear to be sucking air and since they are the same length I would think that they should be fine. I don't know if you got a messed up batch of one part or the other but mine seem to be working fine. Check out the pics

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/...psa235df65.jpg

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/...ps40db1d1b.jpg

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7efa9fdd.jpg
Old 11-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Slotmachine I ordered mine on the oct. 27 and got them on the oct. 30. If I where you I would send them an email.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

My caps threaded on completely. I just measured the thread length on the the serpent shock bodies and the hpi. They are both 4mm, so they should be bottoming out on the inner seal. Mine don't appear to be sucking air and since they are the same length I would think that they should be fine. I don't know if you got a messed up batch of one part or the other but mine seem to be working fine. Check out the pics
I must have a bad set, they didnt go anywhere near on as far as yours did..
Old 11-07-2014, 06:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Hey guys. I'm starting to add everything together to order the buggy. Will this fit? Thanks!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDBUH&P=ML
Old 11-07-2014, 06:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by tom2tone
Hey guys. I'm starting to add everything together to order the buggy. Will this fit? Thanks!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDBUH&P=ML
Oh yeah, it'll fit perfectly...
Old 11-07-2014, 07:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Oh yeah, it'll fit perfectly...
Thanks! I didn't see your avatar picture before
Old 11-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default D413 Box Stock Spectrum Race Review (Trackside)

Hi guys, Im sure many are wondering how others are fairing with their D413 so I thought I'd submit a review. Here goes. First a little background: Im an average racer. I am running the D413 in the 13.5 wheeler class at Trackside which is a medium to high bite smooth clay track. I consider myself an average driver , I usually lack speed but I sometimes win races through consistency and proper mechanical maintenance.

Reason for buying car: simple: Had an XRay XB4 which was dialed , wanted something new with a center diff, the B44.3 looks like a duckbill platypus so the D413 it was!

Starting Setup: Ty Tessman Reedy Race. I am not running the springs or pistons that is in the reedy setup. Basically I just have his suspension geometry/shims. I do not have any springs or pistons to try so im just trying to make what is in the box work for me.

Setup Notes:
Everything on the car is box stock, Running stock pistons, stock shock caps springs, swaybars..etc
The only changes I have made is I am trying black vs gold swaybars in the rear (you will notice Ty keeps switching too), and I have 35f 30r Associated shock oil.
Tyres are Typo's or Dirtwebs in Clay compound.

Build impressions.
Good: easiest build i've ever had, very easy to follow along, bags that go with the steps is awesome. Apearence of parts is good, no burrs or un-necessarily tight fits. No need to dremel anything. I did not attempt to remove any slop.

Bad: Diffs are not as high quality as i'd like. I dont like the non-standard screw sizes ( really HB.. why not just stick with the standard sizes that everyone runs)

Ugly: The Body that comes with the kit is complete junk, and after spending a decade cutting it out, you then realize you have to screw it all and then mod it with shoe goo. How could they ship with a body like this? And then you realize you now have to pay the extra cash for the proline body??. After having come from an xray, the slop is disappointing. And this is important: I think the worst part about the slop is: it actually does not slow the car down AT ALL, what it does during a race is it just constantly plays head-games with you making you think the car "could be faster mabey?" if only it diddnt have the slop. In other words the car handles just fine, if not.. really well.. even with the slop. But still it bothers me to no end. If I were ever to put the car up for sale in a rage, this would be the reason. But I wont because (read on)

Handeling: is probably the best part of the car. I have had exactly 3 race days with it, 2 of which was practice, and 1 of which was first round of qualifying at the Spectrum Race going on right now at Trackside Hobbies in Milwaukee WI. Check LiveRC if you want to get a feel of the layout.

Car feels very planted everywhere on the track. I am on the edge of 19 lap runs with the car after only a few days of practice. (a 19 will get you into at least the B). I feel like I have to go easy in the sweeper, there is a very slight push. In the infield the car is very easy to drive, and other spectators commented on how planted and plush it looks, never getting out of shape. I want to be able to drive the car a bit harder, feels a little lazy at the moment. Jumps are fine, no bottoming out, I feel like the box stock shock setup is just fine in terms of jumps, not sure what all the fuss is about. I feel like a LOT of the issues is in the tire I choose (Typo vs Dirtwebs vs Random other brand) and not the setup. I dont want to change the setup on the car to suit a tire, i'd rather pick the right tire. I feel like a lot of people make this mistake with the car. Try some different tires before you change setups wildly.

Durability: popped a ball cup off during practice, also lower shock spring retainer keeps coming off sometimes. That one is annoying. Thats about it. I honestly don't crash a lot though so im not the best person to ask.

Overall:
Get this car if you want something that is easy and fun to drive and go fast, as well as having a car that is unique. Get the proline body, before you even think of purchasing the kit. Get a whole bunch of shims of different thicknesses. You WILL need them as there isnt enough in the kit. Give TY's reedy race setup a chance. Dont stress about not having the pistons or shock caps. Try different tires before making drastic changes to the setup.

Do not get the car if you dont like slop, or you are use to coming from slop-free cars such as Kyosho/Xray/Yokomo..etc. The car drives amazing, even with the slop, but you will go INSANE thinking and worrying about the slop.
I am still in recovery.

Do not get the car if you dont like being made fun of at the track for the goofy shock guards that come with the kit.

Do not get the car if you think a duckbill platipus is cool looking, or generally just dont value aesthetics in design what so ever, get a b44.3 instead.

That is all.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Don't run the spring retainers with guards and you won't have the retainers pop off.

Last edited by slasn_48; 11-08-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

avid posted on facebooke the chassis will be out in a week. im going to get one for med to low bite outdoor. ill report back when i see how it performs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.