Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rotachoc
So what your saying is it will fit?
Does anything need to be modified to make it fit or is it a no problem kind of fit?
Is anybody running this set up?
All motors that are max. 42 mm in diameter and max. 74 mm in lenght will fit just fine.

The "standard" Castle Creations Mamba Monster 2200kv combo fits fine.

Many runs with this setup. I have run the setup in an 8ight-E 2.0 and in the E 3.0.

As long as the engine is max. 42 mm in diameter and max. 74 mm in lenght you're OK.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Cars ready to hit the dirt, too bad there is none, damn snow. Canadian winters are too long, at least there's mountain sledding to scrath the itch.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Team Tekin

Am I missing something, or are there no aluminum spindles for the 3.0?
Old 03-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
I had the same thought a couple weeks ago..

In my opinion, as well as most of the TLR guys out here in the Midwest the spindles are the most fragile part of car.

I believe it has something to do with the extreme cold we have been dealing with.

Regardless, at the Midwest Champs at CRCRC I witnessed many break.

Like I said, I'm willing to bet its the cold and no one out west has dealt with this issue as badly as we have.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There are no aluminum spindles for the 3.0 line of vehicles. We are looking into the late development of some spindle breakages that seem premature at this time. During testing, we never experienced this and most that got original kits never experienced this. It seems to be as of late so we are working on getting some recent parts to test out to resolve this.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by McGuire

In my opinion, as well as most of the TLR guys out here in the Midwest the spindles are the most fragile part of car.

I believe it has something to do with the extreme cold we have been dealing with.

Like I said, I'm willing to bet its the cold and no one out west has dealt with this issue as badly as we have.
I think the cold was definitely part of the one I broke this weekend, flat landed a big triple and it snapped. I've rarely had anything on my TLR 1/8 vehicles break, they are stout.

Originally Posted by hacker07
There are no aluminum spindles for the 3.0 line of vehicles. We are looking into the late development of some spindle breakages that seem premature at this time. During testing, we never experienced this and most that got original kits never experienced this. It seems to be as of late so we are working on getting some recent parts to test out to resolve this.
Thanks Ryan! It was 25*F in the arena we were racing in, lots of cars broke parts and I'm betting it had a lot to do with the temps. 3.0 did great all weekend, I ended up 4th overall.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just getting around to building my kit...got 3 rear shock bodies and 1 front, haha...will call Horizon CS.

On the one front I built, the shock shaft hit the bladder before the eyelet hits the bottom cap, is this correct? If it is I'll put some spacers on it so the shaft doesn't hit the bladder.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Just getting around to building my kit...got 3 rear shock bodies and 1 front, haha...will call Horizon CS.

On the one front I built, the shock shaft hit the bladder before the eyelet hits the bottom cap, is this correct? If it is I'll put some spacers on it so the shaft doesn't hit the bladder.
The spring cup takes up another bit of space and may be enough to keep the shaft from hitting the bladder.
Also make sure you have the shaft threaded all the way into the eyelet.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus
The spring cup takes up another bit of space and may be enough to keep the shaft from hitting the bladder.
Also make sure you have the shaft threaded all the way into the eyelet.
Good point about the spring cup. Eyelet is definitely threaded all the way. Thanks.

Last edited by Tommygun1; 03-03-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Anyone using the TLR341000 40 gram weight? Seems like a bunch of weight for the front. Have yet to drive my car since the motor is coming from Washington State via Alaska, darn USPS package screw-ups!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Anyone using the TLR341000 40 gram weight? Seems like a bunch of weight for the front. Have yet to drive my car since the motor is coming from Washington State via Alaska, darn USPS package screw-ups!
I tried it last weekend, not that noticeable of a difference. Little more steering all around that's about it, no negatives so I left it in.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McGuire

You can't be in here K car traitor!!! LOL!!

McGuire was there when we broke ours unfortunately. It was really cold like he said.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones
You can't be in here K car traitor!!! LOL!!

McGuire was there when we broke ours unfortunately. It was really cold like he said.
Hey now! Variety is the spice of life right? I may be back with a Losi sooner or later! It's an awesome car! Just giving the kyosho a workout for now.

And I broke a total of 3 right side spindles myself in a couple weeks. The car other than that like mentioned above it straight bulletproof. Probably the most durable 1/8th I've had.

Not a design flaw in my mind, just the temps getting cold and causing any "brand" of plastic to be brittle.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the upgrade wrap on the stock body?
Old 03-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

It must be the cold that causes the spindles to break.

I have been driving my E very hard on an indoor heated track with a good deal of heavy front impacts. Only bent some front hinge pins, no spindles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.