Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dakotah Phend
Here is a copy of my setup from the Nitro Challenge.
THANKS
Old 02-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Many of my fellow drivers in my part of the world (and surrounding clubs) are very marticulate with mounting the esc with some cushioning, to prevent an immaturely breakdown of the esc.

Mine is just mounted with a thin piece of selfadhesive tape directly on the chassis plate. It is not possible to secure the esc in any other way e.g. with a strip. If you put to many layers of tape it would just wiggle off at some point.

The E 3.0 is one of few new e buggies to have it mounted directly on the plate. With the Losi conversion kit, you could have better cushioning and secure with e.g. a strip. The plastic plate itself offered some damping effect.

I like the new way of installing everything directly on the chassis plate, but are any of you worried about esc life as a consequence of this?

Do you mount your esc in any particular way to provide better cushion to the esc?
Old 02-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dakotah Phend
Here is a copy of my setup from the Nitro Challenge.
Perfect, my track looks just like the Fear Farm Raceway. Now I can copy that setup and work from there. Many thanks!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Salkin
Many of my fellow drivers in my part of the world (and surrounding clubs) are very marticulate with mounting the esc with some cushioning, to prevent an immaturely breakdown of the esc.

Mine is just mounted with a thin piece of selfadhesive tape directly on the chassis plate. It is not possible to secure the esc in any other way e.g. with a strip. If you put to many layers of tape it would just wiggle off at some point.

The E 3.0 is one of few new e buggies to have it mounted directly on the plate. With the Losi conversion kit, you could have better cushioning and secure with e.g. a strip. The plastic plate itself offered some damping effect.

I like the new way of installing everything directly on the chassis plate, but are any of you worried about esc life as a consequence of this?

Do you mount your esc in any particular way to provide better cushion to the esc?

I personally DO not like mounting directly to the chassis with servo tape or shoe Goo or w/e is used, Ive seen FAR too many esc's Flopping around on the chassis due to coming loose during a quali or main. You can easily drill the chassis and mount up a small ESC tray and cushion it how ever you please. I did this with my 2.0 SCTE.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Salkin

this is what i use directly on the chassis:

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...ng-Gel-1-Sheet
Old 02-26-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks both for your replies, I will look into both solutions.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If you properly clean both surfaces with rubbing alcohol or motor spray to decontaminate the surfaces just about any decent double sided tape will work. I love the MIP tape but it is pricey. Not as bad as the Kyosho stuff. I have since started to use the 10lb 3M stuff from HD.

Again surface prep is critical here guys.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buggy Master
this is what i use directly on the chassis:

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...ng-Gel-1-Sheet

Tried this stuff back a couple years ago on my E buggy and found it to not stick for very long before it pops off. Sure is squishy tho.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

so far so good. hasn't failed me yet.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

velcro + ziptie

safe and attenuates vibrations too.. and if you need it very easy to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

So I just read the last 10 pages of this thread trying to find my answer but I couldn't...
My local track just changed layouts and I had a hard time trying to get the car to turn last night both on and off power in certain spots... I'm running 5-6-3 in the diffs and 35/32.5 for shock oil with green springs and stock pistons front shocks layed in and rear shocks kit position -1 camber all around stock anti squat /pills. Any help appreciated as I'm not quite the best tuner... The track is large in size but tight and technical with packed smooth clay surface gold barcodes usually work well or panther clay rattlers I race at LEisure hours raceway in Joliet il
Old 02-28-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Wrong thread. Delete.

Last edited by maddog9; 02-28-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What's the thinking on pistons? Stock 5 hole or change to 8 hole?
Old 02-28-2014, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1000rrstunna
So I just read the last 10 pages of this thread trying to find my answer but I couldn't...
My local track just changed layouts and I had a hard time trying to get the car to turn last night both on and off power in certain spots... I'm running 5-6-3 in the diffs and 35/32.5 for shock oil with green springs and stock pistons front shocks layed in and rear shocks kit position -1 camber all around stock anti squat /pills. Any help appreciated as I'm not quite the best tuner... The track is large in size but tight and technical with packed smooth clay surface gold barcodes usually work well or panther clay rattlers I race at LEisure hours raceway in Joliet il
Try this setup its all the the things written in. Its what our local tlr pro runs. Excellent for indoors.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD-image.jpg  
Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SRW141
What's the thinking on pistons? Stock 5 hole or change to 8 hole?
In (almost) all of the outdoor set up sheets, there are 8 holes 1.3mm front, 8 holes 1.2mm/1.3mm split rear.

Guess thats what the TLR pros are using for outdoor tracks.

I'm currently going from indoor to outdoor tracks.

So to go whith what the TLR pro's are using, I have bought a pair of the split pistons and are going for the 8/1.3mm front and 8/split rear.

To go with the 5 hole would be to go against better knowing, I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.