Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

I was taught that a lot of caster helps steering into the corner but it takes away from center and out. But it sounds like the 15 degree castors are worth trying.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
If you are having bending issues, when did you buy them? Is there anyway you can send me a picture of them where they are bending? [email protected] I would like to see which revision you have.
I had the same experience as thunder trail,very minor crash and bent bad enough to bind a arm.Ill upload a pic of the ver I have. sucks to waste 59 bucks. Its interesting the mip team uses the integy spindles and carriers after trying the tlr 15 castors.very good steering articulation with entigy carriers and blocks with tekno front axles and shafts

when were the spindles raised 2 mills? I had to do crazy grinding to front end to get clearance I needed for short drag link to work proper and get tekno like steering from the scte.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So to run the 15* castor blocks we need to replace our existing spindles with a New set? I'm asking because all of my parts are original from when the truck was first released. Is there a new part number for the updated spindle or was it a running change? Or does the new castor block reposition the existing spindle?

Last edited by 87MagnumII; 12-03-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

If you are having bending issues, when did you buy them? Is there anyway you can send me a picture of them where they are bending? [email protected] I would like to see which revision you have.
I'll send pics and info. First set was right after they were available, had to be first batch. I didn't notice a change between those and the next sets. Thanks for response.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
I had the same experience as thunder trail,very minor crash and bent bad enough to bind a arm.Ill upload a pic of the ver I have. sucks to waste 59 bucks. Its interesting the mip team uses the integy spindles and carriers after trying the tlr 15 castors.very good steering articulation with entigy carriers and blocks with tekno front axles and shafts

when were the spindles raised 2 mills? I had to do crazy grinding to front end to get clearance I needed for short drag link to work proper and get tekno like steering from the scte.
One thing I want to be sure to put out there is this...dont ever forget all your products from Losi or TLR are backed by Horizon Customer Service. If for any reason you are not happy, call them, see what they can do. If you crashed and they bent right away, I would think you should get a new set.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

We did update the aluminum castor blocks some time back as well. They are pretty darn strong now.
Can you post some pics of the new ones?

I've not bought them because all the pictures I've show a flimsy looking part. Probably no one bothered to update the product pic on the web site when the part was updated.

This is all I've ever seen and these just look really flimsy:
Old 12-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
Can you post some pics of the new ones?

I've not bought them because all the pictures I've show a flimsy looking part. Probably no one bothered to update the product pic on the web site when the part was updated.

This is all I've ever seen and these just look really flimsy:
Not disputing anyone's failure claims, but I have these and have wrecked pretty hard with them more than a couple times. They might look flimsy, but they aren't I can assure you. Either I have been really lucky, or have the revised set or something, cause I haven't the slightest bit of damage on mine as far as I can tell.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Not disputing anyone's failure claims, but I have these and have wrecked pretty hard with them more than a couple times. They might look flimsy, but they aren't I can assure you. Either I have been really lucky, or have the revised set or something, cause I haven't the slightest bit of damage on mine as far as I can tell.
I would still like to see a picture of the revised ones. Ones that are known to be the new, revised ones by someone in Losi, not a pair owned by an end-user unless that person has both kinds and can show the difference.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The shape was not updated. The material was corrected to the proper alum for a part like this. It does look weak but i can tell you after the first batch with the improper material this is a very strong part.

Last edited by Casper; 12-06-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've must have got a good batch of Spindle Carriers I haven't had any issues since day 1. My car is a track only car though, so I can see these braking if you're a basher. With the Tekno front axles these work good. I noticed a improvement over stocks, had the stock equipment on the track then put these on after to compare and it does make a difference.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just picked up the new Team Orion 100C 7200mAh with twin, non-removable, positive/negative and balance plug wires. Looks like I'll need to make a custom battery bracket/bridge to make it fit in my TLR SCTE 2.0. The 'inner' power leads and the balance leads interfere with the bracket. Anyone else find a work-around for this?

Battery:

http://www.teamorion.com/carbon-pro-...eans-plug.html
Old 12-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PegLeg
Just picked up the new Team Orion 100C 7200mAh with twin, non-removable, positive/negative and balance plug wires. Looks like I'll need to make a custom battery bracket/bridge to make it fit in my TLR SCTE 2.0. The 'inner' power leads and the balance leads interfere with the bracket. Anyone else find a work-around for this?

Battery:

http://www.teamorion.com/carbon-pro-...eans-plug.html
Attache a battery pad on top of the battery so the strap sits higher and this should allow the cables to clear.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, Casper. I appreciate the reply. I was going to add the 3s vertical spacers and cut a dense foam padding. I also noticed the battery brackets (attached to the TLR chassis) was for a 0.5" shorter battery. Not sure if there is a spacer available, but I guess I could make my own. Does Losi/TLR make one? The brackets allow for a 150mm battery and the battery is 138mm.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anybody run a 3s pack in their truck with the stock battery tray? Is there enough clearance for the factory hold down to work? I'm thinking about going to a 2700kv setup on 3s since we don't go by roar standards at our track
Old 12-08-2015, 01:40 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PegLeg
Thanks, Casper. I appreciate the reply. I was going to add the 3s vertical spacers and cut a dense foam padding. I also noticed the battery brackets (attached to the TLR chassis) was for a 0.5" shorter battery. Not sure if there is a spacer available, but I guess I could make my own. Does Losi/TLR make one? The brackets allow for a 150mm battery and the battery is 138mm.
Use the same mounting holes on the brackets to screw them to the chassis, e.g. both forward, both middle or both to the rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.